Bubba Franks anyone?

zazie

I've heard of him. He must be better than everyone else on our roster. Plus he played for an AFCE rival. What are we waiting for?

PTR

yeah lest bring favre in too just so we can have some more false hope and a guy we can pay a ton of money for 4 games until he gets hurt and is useless... were the bills we dont have all this money laying around to sign old ass players who cant produce anymore... give it up and stop thinking that every free agent is gold :rolleyes:

yeah lest bring favre in too just so we can have some more false hope and a guy we can pay a ton of money for 4 games until he gets hurt and is useless... were the bills we dont have all this money laying around to sign old ass players who cant produce anymore... give it up and stop thinking that every free agent is gold :rolleyes:

I see your sarcasm detector is in top form. :lol:

PTR

:rolleyes:

I see your sarcasm detector is in top form. :lol:

PTR

haha i thought you might enjoy that... i understand where you are coming from but i see this problem in the league now more than ever... old guys just dont know when to let it go... play your best until your best isnt good enough then move on, because he was on the Jets i just like everyone else would love to sign him just to be able to beat them with one of their own players however he is just too dang old

I wouldn't say he was ever great. He was a nice producer in the red zone, but the highest he ever averaged was 27 yards per game. Good blocker, but never much of a receiving threat.

yeah of course he wasnt great... three pro bowl appearances three straight years in a row 01 02 03

yeah of course he wasnt great... three pro bowl appearances three straight years in a row 01 02 03

Pro Bowl appearances aren't a good judge of greatness. He had about a combined 1,100 yards in those 3 seasons. By comparison, Tony Gonzalez totaled 1,058 yards just last season at the age of 32. He is great, Bubba Franks was good.

im usually anti-"go out and get him" just bc we know the persons name-or we simply have a legit shot of getting them routine-alright, now that I have qualified myself....

At the very least with Franks-he is a solid receiving TE(used to be) who at the very least can be a good mentor for Nelson. If he gets cut before the season starts...that is fine. But I find it hard to believe Nelson would benefit learning from our current TE's more than he learning from Franks.