Long John Silver's Fish Taco!

Steely Dan

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was my first thought. All the Golden Staters I played water polo with went googoogaga for fish tacos (the food variety).

Personally, I find them bland and over-rated.

Probably because you've never had a good one. I'm referring to both incarnations.

That was my first thought. All the Golden Staters I played water polo with went googoogaga for fish tacos (the food variety).

Personally, I find them bland and over-rated.

I would question where you got yours from. I am, by no means, a seafood person unless we're dealing with meatier seafood like lobster, rock shrimp, etc. But a good fish taco, especially at a place like Wahoos, is anything but overrated.

I would question where you got yours from. I am, by no means, a seafood person unless we're dealing with meatier seafood like lobster, rock shrimp, etc. But a good fish taco, especially at a place like Wahoos, is anything but overrated.

Or better yet from a cart in Santa Anna from a guy who doesn't speak English. Which is not hard seeing no one in Santa Anna speaks English.

Probably because you've never had a good one. I'm referring to both incarnations.

We make them at home on occasion using, of all things, a recipe from a CIA cookbook my wife got me years ago. It tends to be a bit lime-intensive, but that's probably why I dig them so much

We make them at home on occasion using, of all things, a recipe from a CIA cookbook my wife got me years ago. It tends to be a bit lime-intensive, but that's probably why I dig them so much

Is that the recipe with the Mohammed's Dirty Bomb Hot Sauce? Oh, sorry wrong CIA.

Is Wahoos a chain? I think that may have been the name of the place we went to. It was in Manhattan Beach, and this was five years ago, but that sounds right.