In-flight broadband - pretty cool

BuffaloBill

Tried it last week for the first time on a flight back from Seattle. On it again during a flight up to Calgary. Connection speed is not always fast. I am assuming that there may be degradation of speed depending on how many users are hitting it at a given time. Turns time that is otherwise generally unproductive into a good time to catch up on email and research (not to mention events on TSW). $12.95 on the Seattle flight $9.95 on this one (Seattle return to Dallas is about 45 minutes longer). I am lucky because I can expense it.

No mention of what airline you were on. I'm flying to San Jose in August on Southwest. I've read they are starting to add wifi on some flights. Of course you need the battery power to last long enough to make it worthwhile. At least on some bus lines they now offer an AC plug at your seat.

PTR

No mention of what airline you were on. I'm flying to San Jose in August on Southwest. I've read they are starting to add wifi on some flights. Of course you need the battery power to last long enough to make it worthwhile. At least on some bus lines they now offer an AC plug at your seat.

PTR

Sorry - on American Airlines - I get about four hours of battery life on my PC without doing much to conserve juice so for me that pretty much covers any domestic flight I am on.