I would just like to know

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever observation you are making in general, does not mean it applies to this thread, this situation. It doesn't apply. The problem is that you are in 100%, full-fledged denial of what you are reading and your defense mechanism is to assume we are all meanies. Your reluctance to see the situation from another point of view causes others to sharpen their words in hopes of piercing that shell. That's not a lack of tact, it's genuine concern.

If you think you are a victim of a lack of tact, then I don't think you truly appreciate what could have been said and would have been said to almost anyone else...

Perhaps I am misreading this....but to me this thread implies that I feel I am being singled out of the rest of the poster base and am being unfairly treated over everyone else.

That is not the case.......I feel that the posts have gotten increasingly antagonistic over the years to everyone on this board. You brought up the issue of when Lori got lambasted about her school work......Lori (who I have an extremely high opinion of) got unfairly treated at that time as well.

I actually am not quite sure what you feel that I am in denial of. I agree with what most people are saying....I just dont like the way they are saying it.

Perhaps I am misreading this....but to me this thread implies that I feel I am being singled out of the rest of the poster base and am being unfairly treated over everyone else.

That is not the case.......I feel that the posts have gotten increasingly antagonistic over the years to everyone on this board. You brought up the issue of when Lori got lambasted about her school work......Lori (who I have an extremely high opinion of) got unfairly treated at that time as well.

I actually am not quite sure what you feel that I am in denial of. I agree with what most people are saying....I just dont like the way they are saying it.

FWIW

I think SDS had it right as far as the advice went.

Some honest opinions that were trying to cut through the noise.

It's often hard to do that and spare feelings at the same time.

Football might not be an option.

Your kid is young enough to cultivate other ones.

Were you hoping for a little commiseration?

That's natural too.......

Either way, sorry and best of luck.

Lori came here seeking answers to essay questions?

John

First off, sorry about your son's injury. I wish him a speedy recovery.

It was njsue, not Lori, who was ripped about the homework. You are not being singled out negatively in this thread at all. What SDS is saying is that everyone here is trying to help you out, constructively, without being the usual wise a$$. It would not be that way for most posters, they would get wise a$$ comments in response to what they perceive is a serious life question.

The denial thing, from reading this thread, is that people are saying forget the stupid football and focus on grades and education. Football may help 99% of the high school players have a little fun and get laid, but it won't help you out in later life. You need to have grades/education to move onto bigger and better things and that should be the focus.

Your initial post focused on you (not your son) and...sorry, it came across as a bit Al Bundy-ish, focused on high school football to the detriment of the rest of life.

John

First off, sorry about your son's injury. I wish him a speedy recovery.

It was njsue, not Lori, who was ripped about the homework. You are not being singled out negatively in this thread at all. What SDS is saying is that everyone here is trying to help you out, constructively, without being the usual wise a$$. It would not be that way for most posters, they would get wise a$$ comments in response to what they perceive is a serious life question.

The denial thing, from reading this thread, is that people are saying forget the stupid football and focus on grades and education. Football may help 99% of the high school players have a little fun and get laid, but it won't help you out in later life. You need to have grades/education to move onto bigger and better things and that should be the focus.

Your initial post focused on you (not your son) and...sorry, it came across as a bit Al Bundy-ish, focused on high school football to the detriment of the rest of life.

That is because I cant write worth a @hit

Lori came here seeking answers to essay questions?

Yeah, that biotch can't do any work on her own, always using us to google stuff for her. She hit the well once too often and she was hammerred for it. She just regurgitates whatever she reads and posts it before the games, she's a hack......Oh wait

Yeah, that biotch can't do any work on her own, always using us to google stuff for her. She hit the well once too often and she was hammerred for it. She just regurgitates whatever she reads and posts it before the games, she's a hack......Oh wait

I guess Lori is the sh-- flavored ice cream and Tim was both the chocolate and vanilla. :thumbsup:

Lori, stop stealing other peoples stuff.

What SDS is saying is that everyone here is trying to help you out, constructively, without being the usual wise a$$.

This is the case. Sure there are a few of those (wise ass responses) but even they are 'less wise' than is normal around here.

I'm one of the biggest douchebags around here (ask anyone) and even I didn't get sarcastic.

John--you've been here a long long time. Many spearing contests have been held in your honor. Folks are for the most part offering their honest opinions. When you have a few hours to kill read this from page 1 again and see if you don't change your mind even a little bit.

Oh, BTW---can someone convert 104o F into Celsius for me? All I can figure out is it is fuggin hot here!

This is the case. Sure there are a few of those (wise ass responses) but even they are 'less wise' than is normal around here.

I'm one of the biggest douchebags around here (ask anyone) and even I didn't get sarcastic.

John--you've been here a long long time. Many spearing contests have been held in your honor. Folks are for the most part offering their honest opinions. When you have a few hours to kill read this from page 1 again and see if you don't change your mind even a little bit.

Oh, BTW---can someone convert 104o F into Celsius for me? All I can figure out is it is fuggin hot here!

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but I want you to go back and read the title of the thread. Your son blew out his knee but you're the one with the bad luck. I think that has contributed to the responses you've gotten here.

Can't beleive I didn't touch the Douchebag thing... :thumbsup:

Oh, Good luck John, sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders. Things will work out.

Ummm, wha? Last schoolwork I did was in 1988. (Or maybe a couple of years before that, if you talk to my profs.)

Oh, and thanks for the backup, you wiseasses. :thumbsup:

:lol:

But on this subject, nothing in this thread comes within light-years of some of the stuff I've seen here. There's more background noise now -- the price of moving from a small town to a medium-sized city -- but we've been ripping the sh-- out of each other ever since the place began. (And some people longer than that -- remember why the HyperBills board crashed and burned?)

JMO.

(P.S.: You got the "hack" part right, Guff. Never denied that.)

Ummm, wha? Last schoolwork I did was in 1988. (Or maybe a couple of years before that, if you talk to my profs.)

Oh, and thanks for the backup, you wiseasses. :thumbsup:

:lol:

But on this subject, nothing in this thread comes within light-years of some of the stuff I've seen here. There's more background noise now -- the price of moving from a small town to a medium-sized city -- but we've been ripping the sh-- out of each other ever since the place began. (And some people longer than that -- remember why the HyperBills board crashed and burned?)

JMO.

(P.S.: You got the "hack" part right, Guff. Never denied that.)

That's what friends are for.

This board hasn't degraded at all. People pine for the "good old days" because generally we remember them for what we liked and forget what we didn't. This board has spawned some genius level flaming (a few examples already given) and you pretty much invited it.

sh--, even I used restraint and that's not exactly my strong point. You're a good dude, John but you're way too defensive on the internet to invite virtual strangers into your life. There's some pretty damn solid advice in this thread and you're basically running around being a victim. Get over that.

This board hasn't degraded at all. People pine for the "good old days" because generally we remember them for what we liked and forget what we didn't. This board has spawned some genius level flaming (a few examples already given) and you pretty much invited it.

sh--, even I used restraint and that's not exactly my strong point. You're a good dude, John but you're way too defensive on the internet to invite virtual strangers into your life. There's some pretty damn solid advice in this thread and you're basically running around being a victim. Get over that.

Nooooo..... :lol: