Jaws talks MFN, Gruden, Owens, Edwards with Murph

I like Jaws he isn't a TFAG (Typical football analyst Guy) he talks in specifics and doesn't just spit out a bunch of stupid football cliches like those guys just need to play with more heart. I also trust his scouting ability and its a good sign that he likes what Trent brings to the table.

Thanks for sharing that.

I really like Jaws and am proud that he's from WNY. He's the most intelligent sportscaster in the business in the way he is able to translate the in's and out's of football to a non-player like myself.

It's also really encouraging to hear what he's always said about Trent.

Go Bills!

Thanks for sharing that.

I really like Jaws and am proud that he's from WNY. He's the most intelligent sportscaster in the business in the way he is able to translate the in's and out's of football to a non-player like myself.

Go Bills!

Jaws never met a QB he didn't like. He said great things about JP also.

So what's the story behind naming that field in Lackawanna "Ron Jaworski Stadium" and then unnaming it years later? Did he have a falling out with the City of Lackawanna?

I do remember that. Probably didn't care one way or another.

I do remember that. Probably didn't care one way or another.

IMMSMC--those were the days when Jaws and the former Pitt RB with multiple head wounds used to share the stage. It was the former RB who gushed about Losman not Jaws...but I could be wrong.

Thanks for sharing that.

Go Bills!

What he said! :rolleyes:

So what's the story behind naming that field in Lackawanna "Ron Jaworski Stadium" and then unnaming it years later? Did he have a falling out with the City of Lackawanna?

"Mr. Jaworski was a great football player from Lackawanna," Strycharz said. "He was paid very well, and he never came back to the city or gave the city anything.

"The veteran was paid very little, and he did come back to the city."

IMMSMC--those were the days when Jaws and the former Pitt RB with multiple head wounds used to share the stage. It was the former RB who gushed about Losman not Jaws...but I could be wrong.

I think you're wrong -- Merrill Hoge never liked Losman, but Jaws was enamored with his "big-time arm" and thought he was a great pick by the Bills.

Jaws also supported Rob Johnson. The dude's not perfect.

Still, what he gushed about over those two guys was their athleticism. The fact he likes Edwards' head is a good thing.

"Mr. Jaworski was a great football player from Lackawanna," Strycharz said. "He was paid very well, and he never came back to the city or gave the city anything.

"The veteran (Veterans Stadium) was paid very little, and he did come back to the city."

Thanks for posting Lurker. That's what I thought...Jaworski in the eyes of some seems to have neglected his hometown a bit and as a result there's some hurt feelings. Not as bad as Fred Biletnikoff who once said of his hometown of Erie, PA "The best thing that could happen to Erie is if it fell into the lake."