Last post wins!

/dev/null

Hey jboy, is this a company you could sell you meat to?

https://www.zayconfoods.com/

ABC Good Morning America had a segment about them this week...

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/grocery-discounts-deals-drive-meat-market-brings-big-17480807

Good company. It is similar to a cost share agricultural program (CSA). In these programs you pay a membership fee. They deliver or allow you to pick up shares of the farm.

I am working with local farms to start a similar group as we all grow. So far it is between an orchard, several gardens, and a jam and jelly group.

I hesitate getting in bed with a company and using their umbrella. However, I will give them a call and maybe be among the first to get them nearby.

Edit

I hope I do not bring agriculture up too much. I really think there is going to be a food revolution in the next five years. I want to share with people the importance of a good diet. Whether Vegan or a steak and potatoes guy, knowing your food is the most important thing you can do. I wish I could find CSA's for everyone here.

Edited by jboyst62

I hope I do not bring agriculture up too much. I really think there is going to be a food revolution in the next five years. I want to share with people the importance of a good diet. Whether Vegan or a steak and potatoes guy, knowing your food is the most important thing you can do. I wish I could find CSA's for everyone here.

Nah, it's not too much. I remember when the only people that went to Farmers Markets were hippies. Now it's people from all walks of life going there.

Nah, it's not too much. I remember when the only people that went to Farmers Markets were hippies. Now it's people from all walks of life going there.

Ya I actually like reading your insight on it. I work in the environmental field so i hear about CSAs a lot but mostly in the hippie sense. I like reading what the farmer has to say, I would think your more informed

Thanks for acknowledging my win.

He was so close to. Sadly your own claim has been shown to be null & void therebyipsofacto I win!!!

(is this thread taking an inordinate amount of time to open for anyone else? the end is nigh!!! believe the Myan calendar, believe the all seeing eye)

All_seeing_eye_by_kubnet.jpg

(is this thread taking an inordinate amount of time to open for anyone else? the end is nigh!!! believe the Myan calendar, believe the all seeing eye)

I noticed it several days ago, both on my desktop and phone. I'm afraid /dev/null is going to have to shut it down soon.

Im posting from a swampy messy brush area with 20% battery. A near dead headlamp and a missing cow. I should get at least a door prize if I don't win it all.

And yes. I just felt like checking OTW to regain sanity.

Good company. It is similar to a cost share agricultural program (CSA). In these programs you pay a membership fee. They deliver or allow you to pick up shares of the farm.

I am working with local farms to start a similar group as we all grow. So far it is between an orchard, several gardens, and a jam and jelly group.

I hesitate getting in bed with a company and using their umbrella. However, I will give them a call and maybe be among the first to get them nearby.

Edit

Keep up the agriculture stuff!!

I loved the program The Food Revolution with

Jamie Oliver!

I bet that is expensive. Not too feasible with my downsizing of the herd for the bridge project (down to 37, working on getting to 20 by 2Q 2013 if the Mayans don't abduct the rest first). I did have the idea of somehow getting a glow stick to each cow, though. When I first take them to "the bottom" I put a bell on two of them. I engrave the date, and the cow I put it on so if we ever come across it in 100 years it could be neat.

Im posting from a swampy messy brush area with 20% battery. A near dead headlamp and a missing cow. I should get at least a door prize if I don't win it all.

And yes. I just felt like checking OTW to regain sanity.

What kind of hayseed are you? You misplaced a 2,000lb animal & WTF is your horse? Give 'em some grass and their headlights will burn for 20 years.

You want a door prize? I got your door prize:

5814256-old-vintage-broken-door.jpg