Last post wins!

/dev/null

Just got back from a week in the Adirondacks.

Anything important happen while I was away?

Did anybody win this thing yet?

Nope and nope!!!

Just got done making 10 loafs of Stromboli. Broc. Saug. 10 meat ones tonight.

No, not for the tailgate. Summer parties.

Is it wine time yet?

Where in the Adirondacks?

Fourth Lake this year. Last year it was Indian Lake.

Had a very nice time on the Fulton Chain of Lakes.

Terrible fishing, but still a good time.

Lots of good food and drinkies!

Have you survived the bad weather?

Have you survived the bad weather?

It was fairly windy and it did rain a bit, but for the most part the week went well.

Thanks for askin'.

The Adirondack Park area is pretty wild - hundreds of lakes, streams and forested mountains.

It seems a bit weird to me at times that it's actually in NY State. It's nothing like what an out-of-stater would picture as "New York".

At least it's antithetical to all things Manhattan.

1341178029[/url]' post='2496219']

WOW!!! I see it's 88 there!! Wine time will be over the rocks today!!

Wife just pulled last Stromboli from oven. Have to cool and wrap them.Wine is fine in the 72 temp in the house.

I've been getting up to the ADK at least twice a month since April the year. Doing lots of hiking.

It was fairly windy and it did rain a bit, but for the most part the week went well.

Thanks for askin'.

The Adirondack Park area is pretty wild - hundreds of lakes, streams and forested mountains.

It seems a bit weird to me at times that it's actually in NY State. It's nothing like what an out-of-stater would picture as "New York".

At least it's antithetical to all things Manhattan.

I lived in Saranac lake when I was in grade school in the 60's. Every one but me was 5th generation. "What's your name?" "Moody" "What's the name of that hill over there?" "Moody"

I've been getting up to the ADK at least twice a month since April the year. Doing lots of hiking.

It is a gorgeous part of the world. I hadn't been there too many time before the last couple of years, so we're exploring about some. Fourth Lake was pretty nice and we might try to stay there again next year. We like to fish - or try to catch fish and prefer to fly fish - but the timing hasn't worked out very well. We need to get a guide, I think. We did the Rondaxe Mountain trail and a few others. The view from the Fire Tower was pretty inspiring. We saw at least a dozen wild turkeys, a Bob-o-link and its chick, and a half a dozen loons - one on a nest on Bubb Lake (or is that Budd Lake?). Very cool. :thumbsup:

I lived in Saranac lake when I was in grade school in the 60's. Every one but me was 5th generation. "What's your name?" "Moody" "What's the name of that hill over there?" "Moody"

I do know what you mean. The In-Laws lived in Rockport, Maine after a lifetime in Albany, NY. They lived there for 15 - 20 years and were always "From Away". The hinterlands are very parochial. Come to think of it, most of the world is, really. But you like to think that more rural areas are more accepting and ingratiating in their culture and ways. It really isn't so - at least that's a more striking characteristic in certain regions of the country. People get their hackles up sometimes over the smallest things. Not me. I get pissed over everything! :lol:

It is a gorgeous part of the world. I hadn't been there too many time before the last couple of years, so we're exploring about some. Fourth Lake was pretty nice and we might try to stay there again next year. We like to fish - or try to catch fish and prefer to fly fish - but the timing hasn't worked out very well. We need to get a guide, I think. We did the Rondaxe Mountain trail and a few others. The view from the Fire Tower was pretty inspiring. We saw at least a dozen wild turkeys, a Bob-o-link and its chick, and a half a dozen loons - one on a nest on Bubb Lake (or is that Budd Lake?). Very cool. :thumbsup:

Fly fishing? go to the Ausable river. World class IMO and I been around.

I do know what you mean. The In-Laws lived in Rockport, Maine after a lifetime in Albany, NY. They lived there for 15 - 20 years and were always "From Away". The hinterlands are very parochial. Come to think of it, most of the world is, really. But you like to think that more rural areas are more accepting and ingratiating in their culture and ways. It really isn't so - at least that's a more striking characteristic in certain regions of the country. People get their hackles up sometimes over the smallest things. Not me. I get pissed over everything! :lol:

In Saranac lake people still refuse to speak to other famly over a fight that happened in 1870 between the great-great-great grampas.

Edited by Jim in Anchorage

It is a gorgeous part of the world. I hadn't been there too many time before the last couple of years, so we're exploring about some.

Let me know when you head up again, and I can recommend some other hikes in whichever area you decide to stay. As for fishing, sorry, can't help you there. I may know some people that can give advice on that though.