Last post wins!

/dev/null

so a little update. All 4 calves are doing great and running around. The downed cow did not make it. She was put down this evening and will go to good use at a dog food rendering plant.

Also, life is just f'n frustrating. Due to new policies by the government Ammonium Nitrate is extremely hard to get ahold of now. Urea (46-0-0) is about $700/ton and a slow releasing nitrate that does not work very well with estrablished grass. Ammonium nitrate (34-0-0) is quick releasing and very cheap, roughly $400 a ton. I buy it by the bag and spread it myself, it is much cheaper this way. If I cannot get NH4NO3 then I am going to spend way more trying to fix this. I cannot afford to use liquid nitrogen.

For those that do not know and want to learn.

46-0-0 is 46% nitrogen per 100 lbs. 0 perecent potash and phosphate. Every time you see the number you need to realize it is by the 100#. All are custom blends and therefor are not as stabile as 10-10-10. which is not an blended compound. It sounds confusing but the weight of the oxygen molecule is inserted in there so it won't always weigh what you think it is supposed to.

I hope everyone in the Midwest and south is staying safe.

I've only been through them a few times when I was in TX but ill be damned if tornado sirens aren't just about the most frightening thing if you are not used to them.

i am here in NC now and it's not at all like ohio. we do not have sirens in NC and storms are just much different.

were the storms in Ohio worse ? Ohio has had some nasty tornadoes in the past. Xenia comes to mind

The weather would change in 15 minutes in the Spring and fall. You could see it coming, too. There were really only two seasons, summer and grey. The winds were consistently stronger with more aggressive storms but lbs. for lbs. I think a lot of these Carolina storms pack more of a wallup. Living exactly where I live with the terrain I get some fierce winds in excess of 100mph straight line winds. To me they are worse then tornados because of the sheer driving ability that holds for 3 or4 seconds. Ohio had storms that stayed longer, all in all. NC has them blow right through in a front. You can go from sunshine to bad storm in a second then back to hot summer sun and humid in 15 minutes.

So, my verdict, Ohio was better because we called it pop.

1330740832[/url]' post='2393695']

so a little update. All 4 calves are doing great and running around. The downed cow did not make it. She was put down this evening and will go to good use at a dog food rendering plant.

How come you did not cut it up for the freezer????

Haha

One door fixed and son inlaw is painting the new bifold door. Have to prep the snow blower to be put away and help clean the garage. Wife is helping put away all the baby gifts from the shower.

Also, life is just f'n frustrating. Due to new policies by the government Ammonium Nitrate is extremely hard to get ahold of now. Urea (46-0-0) is about $700/ton and a slow releasing nitrate that does not work very well with estrablished grass. Ammonium nitrate (34-0-0) is quick releasing and very cheap, roughly $400 a ton. I buy it by the bag and spread it myself, it is much cheaper this way. If I cannot get NH4NO3 then I am going to spend way more trying to fix this. I cannot afford to use liquid nitrogen.

For those that do not know and want to learn.

46-0-0 is 46% nitrogen per 100 lbs. 0 perecent potash and phosphate. Every time you see the number you need to realize it is by the 100#. All are custom blends and therefor are not as stabile as 10-10-10. which is not an blended compound. It sounds confusing but the weight of the oxygen molecule is inserted in there so it won't always weigh what you think it is supposed to.

Was the down cow the mother to any of the new ones?

No, she was a fall calver. She didn't have any new ones on the ground and was being bred currently and still open.

Ok. It is always sad to lose one but it would've

been even sadder had it been one of their

Mom's.

Back home and enjoy a glass of

You mean after all those doors you fixed

you can still raise the glass and drink?

1330911542[/url]' post='2395108']

Ok. It is always sad to lose one but it would've

been even sadder had it been one of their

Mom's.

You mean after all those doors you fixed

you can still raise the glass and drink?

Thinking of taking tonight off.