Last post wins!

/dev/null

Good cold morning everyone .

It is 30 degrees here. Windchill of 23. Full sun. In Toledo this would have been a wonderful day. I have softened up because, evidently, I am too chicken to go out and get work done.

I guess it is the wind. I can tolerate everything but the wind.

It is 30 degrees here. Windchill of 23. Full sun. In Toledo this would have been a wonderful day. I have softened up because, evidently, I am too chicken to go out and get work done.

I guess it is the wind. I can tolerate everything but the wind.

But, the answer is there.

How is the newest member of the herd?

http://i.imgur.com/c8HqB.jpg

take a look... lil boy just chillin this evening.

edit: I tag them at birth, 12 for 2012, C because the origin of the herd, 1 because it is the first of that herd.

I tattoo their left ear then cover with ink. Remaining ink I wipe across their forehead so when I see him from afar I can figure out he has been tagged or accounted for. It just makes it easier to tell he's been dealt with. I band them (steering them) and weigh them as well. Lastly, I spray their naval with BluKote which prevents infection and infestation.

Edited by jboyst62

Mmmmm..... veal......

not quite...

veal is selenium deficient and the calf is usually pretty weak. I had a calf get a severe puncture to his leg a year or so ago and took it to be harvested - I had a date that week anyway. It was better then the best I normally eat. It is pretty f'n cool to never have to buy beef. Steaks also bribe any boss very well.

I have the flu, feel like total crap, tomorrow will be day 4.

Hope Mrs. Beersphere is taking care of ya!

http://i.imgur.com/c8HqB.jpg

take a look... lil boy just chillin this evening.

edit: I tag them at birth, 12 for 2012, C because the origin of the herd, 1 because it is the first of that herd.

I tattoo their left ear then cover with ink. Remaining ink I wipe across their forehead so when I see him from afar I can figure out he has been tagged or accounted for. It just makes it easier to tell he's been dealt with. I band them (steering them) and weigh them as well. Lastly, I spray their naval with BluKote which prevents infection and infestation.

He looks great!! He needs to be your new avatar.