Last post wins!

/dev/null

Everything was Good. Everything from the blood work was good. Sugar was the only thing that came in a little over norm, (109) first time it has come in over 100. Wants to recheck in 6 months.

You can keep that bending over crap.

Everything was Good. Everything from the blood work was good. Sugar was the only thing that came in a little over norm, (109) first time it has come in over 100. Wants to recheck in 6 months.

That's actually right in the middle of the normal range if you have tiger blood. Do you have tiger blood? I have tiger blood. I'm a winner.

Did the pap smear results come back ok? :D

Gosh darn beef prices are high.

2100 lbs. slaughter bulls are selling at a dollar a lbs.!

In other news: My cattle have walked away from the table and will not agree to a new CBA unless I provide them with my finances of the last 10 years.

What about the other animals on the farm?

If slaughter bulls are selling for a dollar a lbs. then everything else will be much higher. Slaughter cows are up. 800 Steers are over $1.30/lbs. Average steer @ finishing weight will be 1200-1300 lbs. A good producer will use grain fed byproducts to pack on the 600 lbs. needed at a cost of >$.35/#, or $210. With transportation and other costs incured to get to finishing weight he'll spend about $1350. To slaughter it at one of the MAJOR packaging houses would come in around $300. Altogether, that cow is worth $1650 lets say, now take that /1200# = $1.37 lbs. That is just to get it packaged. Ship it to your local WalMart in a reefer and you'll tack on probably another $.30/lbs. in cost.

I do not deal with pork, yet. I just got a "real" job today (go me!) so I am going to put about $800 in to raising pigs.

A pig gains 1 lbs. for every 3 it takes in and can eat 40% of its weight if fed enough (cow 1 lbs. every 10 lbs. @ a consumption 30% of their weight a day and drink up to 15 gal a day on average).

Packaging a pig up @ my packer costs $.45/lbs.

It takes about 9 months to fill a pig up good.

If you can sell him as a quarter unit at $2.50 packaged weight you might break even.

Pork prices are staying about the same, but may go up with the fuel prices independent that of cattle. It used to be if cattle prices go up pigs may slide = cheaper beef = more demand.

Chickens, maybe one day for me, but they are just so hard to raise. Same with sheep and goat. The prices for those 3 stay relatively calm

As far as your wine tomato plants, the prices on those are going up!

Edited by jboyst62

In other news: My cattle have walked away from the table and will not agree to a new CBA unless I provide them with my finances of the last 10 years.

Lock them out. Then make sure they see the local ammo warehouse drop off a big delivery.

If jboyst stops posting, does that mean the animals won?

So far I think the trade off is worthwhile, no one is winning. They have agreed to my demands that I will be allowed to eat a steak once a week but in turn I must sacrafice one chicken a month. Jo-Boo will appreciate this.

Did the pap smear results come back ok? :D

And what about the results from the mamogram?

9 hours to strip painted over Bamboo wall paper off a 12 x 12 dining room.

Cheer up..it could've been black and white zebra wall paper or worse yet wall paper with DOLFINS.

Spring is in the air.

Striping Kitichen wall paper today.

It is 76 here...and March Madness began!

I am sitting on the couch because I do not want to go out in the heat...aka, I am using it as an excuse to watch basketball.

...but I will be later. I have some huge cerwin-vega stereo speakers to a 1000w receiver in my shed that I tied in to the TV. I just blast that as I work!