Last post wins!

/dev/null

Duh, let me check. I'm sitting on a couch, watching a tv. They look like mine so unless someone has the exact same apartment as me, I believe I am home.

What if you wandered into a parallel dimension where some woman is Just Jill and has almost the same place?

Sitting in a 5 mile long backup on the highway due to the road being closed, so they're making everyone get off and take surface streets.

Aren't all roads surface streets? :P

I never quite got this... Can somebody explain?... My wife used to work at a library and they had made directions to the system's HQ... They labeled it: "Surface Route to SLS." Meaning that no expressways were used in the directions. I always thought the wording was strange... What is up with it? "Surface Route?" Huh? Why is it called that? I have to admit, I do use it to explain routes that don't take the expressways...

:D

Are surface streets the same as backroads or access ones?

I am not sure about that... That is why I posted above too. Here with people (MidWest) they seem to be anything BUT the expressway or limited access highway.

Oh... And Jack... Why did they close the road? Anyway, also... The access roads her are called "frontage roads." I never really heard that term till moving out to the MidWest... Does any other place use that term?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Aren't all roads surface streets? :P

I never quite got this... Can somebody explain?... My wife used to work at a library and they had made directions to the system's HQ... They labeled it: "Surface Route to SLS." Meaning that no expressways were used in the directions. I always thought the wording was strange... What is up with it? "Surface Route?" Huh? Why is it called that? I have to admit, I do use it to explain routes that don't take the expressways...

:D

I am not sure about that... That is why I posted above too. Here with people (MidWest) they seem to be anything BUT the expressway or limited access highway.

Oh... And Jack... Why did they close the road? Anyway, also... The access roads her are called "frontage roads." I never really heard that term till moving out to the MidWest... Does any other place use that term?

When I lived in CA people always named expressways starting with "the" so you would take "the 405" or "the 5." Most other places I have lived would say take "I 405" or "I 5."