Last post wins!

/dev/null

Checked the TV listings and tonite is one of the few Bills games that I will get all season

Yup.

After the preseason, I don't expect to get to watch any Bills games on my tv at home this year. All Sunday 1pm games = head to the bar. The good part is that the waitresses are pretty cute where I go. The bad part is the walk of shame out to my car after another shameful Bills effort, knowing I spent too much money and I have to go to work tomorrow.

Yup.

After the preseason, I don't expect to get to watch any Bills games on my tv at home this year. All Sunday 1pm games = head to the bar. The good part is that the waitresses are pretty cute where I go. The bad part is the walk of shame out to my car after another shameful Bills effort, knowing I spent too much money and I have to go to work tomorrow.

Where do you live, GS?

Atlanta

Sorry to hear that. :ph34r:

I plan to make a big Trader Joes run with a buddy one of these days/weeks. There are several in the ATL. Maybe we can have a drink if you want.

resigned to the fact that the key and fob were lost, or someone had found them, and that whomever might have found them now had full access to my car, i called the local acura dealership to find out what my options were.

while on hold, my wife came home, because she had forgotten a few things, and she asked what i was doing on the phone. i was in the process of explaining what had happened, when the guy at the service desk finally came on.

to replace the key and fob, it would cost something like $150.

"no, no, no," i said. "i don't want to just replace them. i'll likely need to have the locks and ignition changed on my car to make it secure again."

"oh," the service guy said, surprised (evidently, he didn't want any business). "well, that's really going to cost you. it's like $600 to replace the key ignition alone. and that doesn't include the door locks and getting new keys and fobs."

"ouch," i said, and informed him this would have to be something i'd have to think about.

i hung up and swore up a s*@%storm. ...

jw

it's at this point when i explained to my wife what had happened. so she, like people do, went outside and retraced the exact same steps i had been retracing for the past hour.

of course, this was to no avail. and yet, this is what people do.

it was at this point, i provided her my theory as to what happened, blaming the neighbor, and accusing him of creating this distraction.

she said, "stop it right there. i'm not hearing any more of that."

she's a kind person, and has far more patience for people than i do, and will not hear them disparaged.

"harumph!" i said, following her back in the house.

"so, what am i going to do?" i asked her, referring to whether to fork out the $1,000 to have the locks changed, or take a gamble and not do anything, hope that the keys went down a sewer; someone picked them up and elected to throw them away themselves; or that the keys are somehow lost in our house.

well, what would you do?

jw