Last post wins!

/dev/null

true story: how my wife helped me save $1,000 ...

jw

(to be continued)

so, i was helping my wife carry a bunch of bags full of crafts to the car this morning for some youth camp she's putting on, when i noticed that my car key as well the security fob-dealio was not on my key chain.

"ah, probably slipped off in the pocket of my shorts yesterday, after i got back from training camp," i figured. "no big deal."

so i bid my wife a good day and went upstairs to check my shorts' pockets, only to discover the key and fob thing weren't there.

"hmmmm," i said, and began to worry.

jw

Shazaam! :bag:

:w00t:

so, i was helping my wife carry a bunch of bags full of crafts to the car this morning for some youth camp she's putting on, when i noticed that my car key as well the security fob-dealio was not on my key chain.

"ah, probably slipped off in the pocket of my shorts yesterday, after i got back from training camp," i figured. "no big deal."

so i bid my wife a good day and went upstairs to check my shorts' pockets, only to discover the key and fob thing weren't there.

jw

More... MORE!!!

jw

We were all anticipating some story that involved nafarious activities including drugs, extortion, and bail. A key fob :bag: what a let down :w00t:

We were all anticipating some story that involved nafarious activities including drugs, extortion, and bail. A key fob :bag: what a let down :w00t:

I know. Where's the action? And what's with the piddly installments?

Hey Dickens, make with the VERBS!

:blink: Just kidding. Please tell us what happened to they key now, please.

I'm just hoping that there's not a "I saved alot of my money by switching to Geico" punchline coming.

jw

i immediately began retracing my steps and keeping a close eye to the ground.

nothing in the foyer. nothing on the table where i leave all my stuff. nothing in the entry-way or on the porch.

i was walking across the front lawn to my car when i recalled how my neighbor, a big-talker, had cornered me the minute i got out of my car to update me on the latest gripping installment of his life. he's got a job.

and i wondered if in all the small-talk chatter, and with me lugging two big bags, that maybe, just maybe the key and fob thing had fallen on the street or on my lawn without me noticing it because i was otherwise engaged (read: trying to get out of this conversation as quickly as possible).

nothing. i checked the street, re-checked the inside of my trunk, and even poked through our garden to see if maybe they had bounced off a stair and over the side.

this wasn't good. and i was beginning to get angry at the neighbor for distracting me because, after all, someone had to take the blame, and it sure wasn't gonna be me. ...

jw

nothing in the foyer. nothing on the table where i leave all my stuff. nothing in the entry-way or on the porch.

i was walking across the front lawn to my car when i recalled how my neighbor, a big-talker, had cornered me the minute i got out of my car to update me on the latest gripping installment of his life. he's got a job.

and i wondered if in all the small-talk chatter, and with me lugging two big bags, that maybe, just maybe the key and fob thing had fallen on the street or on my lawn without me noticing it because i was otherwise engaged (read: trying to get out of this conversation as quickly as possible).

nothing. i checked the street, re-checked the inside of my trunk, and even poked through our garden to see if maybe they had bounced off a stair and over the side.

this wasn't good. and i was beginning to get angry at the neighbor for distracting me because, after all, someone had to take the blame, and it sure wasn't gonna be me. ...

jw

resigned to the fact that the key and fob were lost, or someone had found them, and that whomever might have found them now had full access to my car, i called the local acura dealership to find out what my options were.

while on hold, my wife came home, because she had forgotten a few things, and she asked what i was doing on the phone. i was in the process of explaining what had happened, when the guy at the service desk finally came on.

to replace the key and fob, it would cost something like $150.

"no, no, no," i said. "i don't want to just replace them. i'll likely need to have the locks and ignition changed on my car to make it secure again."

"oh," the service guy said, surprised (evidently, he didn't want any business). "well, that's really going to cost you. it's like $600 to replace the key ignition alone. and that doesn't include the door locks and getting new keys and fobs."

"ouch," i said, and informed him this would have to be something i'd have to think about.

i hung up and swore up a s*@%storm. ...

jw

jw

Ahh ... here is where the intrigue comes in .... wife saves you a G because she stops you from assaulting the neighbor and incurring a lawyer bill to get off on the charges. Instead she is more sly about the situation. She dognaps their family hound looking for a reward. Upon collecting she then goes to the dealer and buys you a new key fob. Problem solved. :bag:

Posters with more than 100 replies:

Rfeynman 907

damj 676

mead107 546

Beerball 462

/dev/null 452

gringo starr 416

BLZFAN4LIFE 412

Just Jack 402

Booster4324 300

CountDorkula 259

john wawrow 253

BuffaloBill 246

Joe In Macungie 226

DC Tom 206

dib 134

The Dean 118

thebug 112

Nanker 112

BB27 112

Total posts for this group: 6331

The remaining 138 posters combine for 1182 posts.

You must all bow down to the master!! :worthy:

Just a paltry position in the lower middle of the pack - Gansta Kitty has a commanding lead

:w00t:

Ths better be good, the anticipation is killing me. It better be better than your crayonz :worthy: report in the returning award thread. . .

I guess you've never read his stuff before. :bag:

resigned to the fact that the key and fob were lost, or someone had found them, and that whomever might have found them now had full access to my car, i called the local acura dealership to find out what my options were.

while on hold, my wife came home, because she had forgotten a few things, and she asked what i was doing on the phone. i was in the process of explaining what had happened, when the guy at the service desk finally came on.

"no, no, no," i said. "i don't want to just replace them. i'll likely need to have the locks and ignition changed on my car to make it secure again."

"oh," the service guy said, surprised (evidently, he didn't want any business). "well, that's really going to cost you. it's like $600 to replace the key ignition alone. and that doesn't include the door locks and getting new keys and fobs."

"ouch," i said, and informed him this would have to be something i'd have to think about.

jw

I then began speaking to my wife who told me that her boyfriend had been in a rush to get out of the house and accidentally grabbed my keys instead. The fob had fallen off and she put it on the table in the front hallway for safe keeping. I found it and all is happy now. :blink:

Posters with more than 100 replies:

Rfeynman 907

damj 676

mead107 546

Beerball 462

/dev/null 452

gringo starr 416

BLZFAN4LIFE 412

Just Jack 402

Booster4324 300

CountDorkula 259

john wawrow 253

BuffaloBill 246

Joe In Macungie 226

DC Tom 206

dib 134

The Dean 118

thebug 112

Nanker 112

BB27 112

Total posts for this group: 6331

The remaining 138 posters combine for 1182 posts.

Damn, I'm slipping.

I then began speaking to my wife who told me that her boyfriend had been in a rush to get out of the house and accidentally grabbed my keys instead. The fob had fallen off and she put it on the table in the front hallway for safe keeping. I found it and all is happy now. :bag:

That is amazing how similar your story is to John's, well so far anyway.

jw

I need to know the ending. I am riveted to this tale.