Last post wins!

/dev/null

North Carolina beaches are open...

jus' sayin...

You know, N. Carolina beaches were on my list of places to go. I've always wanted to check them out. :thumbsup: Which places would you recommend?

CNY beaches are still closed ;) ....

I'm jus saying also.

:lol: I'd love to visit CNY again. I haven't been there since 2003, I think?? We mostly just drove through it on our way Niagara Falls.

You know, N. Carolina beaches were on my list of places to go. I've always wanted to check them out. :thumbsup: Which places would you recommend?

:lol: I'd love to visit CNY again. I haven't been there since 2003, I think?? We mostly just drove through it on our way Niagara Falls.

What kind of beach do you want? There are sooooo many beaches, so much different variety. There are a lot of members here who visit the NC Coast and you could possibly make a thread for which is better. To make sure it gets attention - how about "suggest me the beach to visit in NC and I will send you a picture of me on the beach in a bikini." That'd work!

Well, any of the outer banks -

I like Atlantic Beach. It is somewhat tourist like but not over done, but there is also other stuff to do, Shackleford islands have the wild ponies, Beaufort has the historic old beach town feel with Blackbeard home, and then there is Fort Lookout which is really cool. If you ever go there let me know and I will think of the place to go that has make your own smores.

The outer banks - well, you just can't go wrong out there.

One day I am going to backpack the entire Carolina coast. Screw Europe.

A lot of people like Wrightsville. It is touristy

What kind of beach do you want? There are sooooo many beaches, so much different variety. There are a lot of members here who visit the NC Coast and you could possibly make a thread for which is better. To make sure it gets attention - how about "suggest me the beach to visit in NC and I will send you a picture of me on the beach in a bikini." That'd work!

Well, any of the outer banks -

I like Atlantic Beach. It is somewhat tourist like but not over done, but there is also other stuff to do, Shackleford islands have the wild ponies, Beaufort has the historic old beach town feel with Blackbeard home, and then there is Fort Lookout which is really cool. If you ever go there let me know and I will think of the place to go that has make your own smores.

The outer banks - well, you just can't go wrong out there.

One day I am going to backpack the entire Carolina coast. Screw Europe.

A lot of people like Wrightsville. It is touristy

Thanks for the info. This is a good start!

post-9-012193800 1334199549_thumb.jpg

The only picture I've found so far. This is a side view. The white pillars are where the front porch is. The door between the ladders was the cellar door, leading down to the basement, and up to the kitchen.

I am sorry for your loss and know how important it is to have and see pieces of your heritage. My farm is that for me.

I am sorry for your loss and know how important it is to have and see pieces of your heritage. My farm is that for me.

Ehhh... no one in the family has lived there for at least seven years, and unless the current owners did major upgrades to the electrical and heating, I'm not surprised something like this happened.

Another picture, front/side view. The big missing chunk on the back corner is about where the furnance would have been.

post-9-026647800 1334202115_thumb.jpg

An update through my sister, the current owners had some kind of combination natural gas/wood furnance.....

I talked to Joe -------- who is a volunteer with Ringgold and he said that the fire was burning for an hour before someone saw it and the basement was full of firewood. That is probably why it burned so long. He said the team that figures out how it started is supposed to be there today. He said if they find out how it started he will let me know. He wasn’t sure if they would be able to tell since the whole house is gutted.