Last post wins!

/dev/null

Posting in this thread. Finally got, not one, but two purchase offers today on my house. People waiting till the last day to get that $8K gubermint tax credit. Took the one that is going to pay asking price, plus closing costs.

Good for you Jack.

Posting in this thread. Finally got, not one, but two purchase offers today on my house. People waiting till the last day to get that $8K gubermint tax credit. Took the one that is going to pay asking price, plus closing costs.

Congrats on that for sure. :wallbash:

so, you'll be homeless soon?

jw

Yep, since I haven't heard back from the apt complex if they have any openings. Can I move in with you and sleep on your couch for a couple weeks? I figure you'd help me since we're both jw's.

The show will be called “Just Jack.”

John Wawrow is the gruff, no nonsense, hard-drinking, veteran newspaper guy. I'm thinking Robert Loggia in this role. Jack is a wide-eyed optimist who's recently down on his luck. Due to some vague, never-clarified sense of obligation, Wawrow lets Jack move in and sleep on his couch. Obviously Michael Cera will play Jack. It's a modern day odd couple. Let the hilarity ensue.

John Wawrow is the gruff, no nonsense, hard-drinking, veteran newspaper guy. I'm thinking Robert Loggia in this role. Jack is a wide-eyed optimist who's recently down on his luck. Due to some vague, never-clarified sense of obligation, Wawrow lets Jack move in and sleep on his couch. Obviously Michael Cera will play Jack. It's a modern day odd couple. Let the hilarity ensue.

i like it. only one problem, my wife has the starring role in this household. :lol:

jw

Not "Simple Jack"? :lol:

i like it. only one problem, my wife has the starring role in this household. :lol:

jw

You could just leave her to pursue the fame and fortune this show is likely to create. It would be even better if you dump her for the 19 year old intern working in your office. The tabloid exposure will prove invaluable to the launch of the show.

Ok, Jessica Biel is gonna play the wife. I just got off the phone with her agent. There are a few conditions:

- She dresses real sexy, lots of tight little half shirts (I don't think we have any problem there).

- She's completely loyal to Wawrow, but she's not gonna do any kissing or real close-up stuff with Loggia (apparently she's worked with him before and says he smells bad).

- The wife finds Jack's idiotic antics endearing. Everytime Wawrow wants to kick him out, the wife talks him out of it.

You could just leave her to pursue the fame and fortune this show is likely to create. It would be even better if you dump her for the 19 year old intern working in your office. The tabloid exposure will prove invaluable to the launch of the show.

hey. let's be fair here. we're talking about my wife.

jw

Wait, Loggia's still alive? Who knew?

(Interestingly, according to Wikipedia, he has a journalism degree from Mizzou. Guess acting paid better back then, too.)

Ok, Jessica Biel is gonna play the wife. I just got off the phone with her agent. There are a few conditions:

- She dresses real sexy, lots of tight little half shirts (I don't think we have any problem there).

- She's completely loyal to Wawrow, but she's not gonna do any kissing or real close-up stuff with Loggia (apparently she's worked with him before and says he smells bad).

- The wife finds Jack's idiotic antics endearing. Everytime Wawrow wants to kick him out, the wife talks him out of it.

now, this is sounding a little bit like Yes, Dear, isn't it.

we're going to have to dig a little deeper. though the Biel character is perfect to play my wife's role.

other storylines that just don't work or been done:

-- i'm involved in an accident and the judge rules that Jack has to play my butler (wink, to those familiar to this story line).

-- jack also can't be her dad (King of Queens).

-- jack is an alien with a curiousity for cats (Alf)

-- jack is an alien, who's our son and is 80 years old (Mork and Mindy)

-- jack's nickname is The Fonz (ugh! and unlikely :thumbsup: )

here's one that might work:

Jack is former accountant who quit his job to pursue his boyhood dream to be a rent-a-clown. trouble is, he has an upper-crust English accent, who can't get much work because, well, he's just not funny, except in an awkward way. i can see Ricky Gervais playing this role.

me, i'm a surly sportswriter, who's taken in this guy only because we were college roommates 25 years ago, and he did my taxes and sat in on my economic exam, which i passed, and figures i owe him a big favor.

my wife runs a day-care center, and tries to give Jack some pointers on being a clown. her main goal, however, as women do, is trying to set Jack up with her female friends in order for him to finally get a life and move out.

oh, and the title would be: "You Don't know Jack: The Clown Chronicles."

jw

ADD: i would pitch this to HBO first and NBC second. and i would never approach Fox (because they go through comedies like diapers) or CBS, because i find their comedies to be far too dumbed down and safe.