Brian Griese released today.

The "average fan" has probably either never have seen Trent Edwards play or might have seen a game or 2 in his career.

The opinion of the average fan is meaningless. Most of their opinions of players they don't watch is based on what the guy who is on the radio at the time they are commuting thinks.

The "average fan" was an incorrect statement. Ask the average football junkie who isn't a Bills fan. Football junkies watch and read about every team and have informed opinions. Do they watch every snap like Bills fans? No, but they also have unbiased views of what they do view. I'm just saying that outside of the Bills circle, Trent is not always viewed as a long term solution.

The "average fan" was an incorrect statement. Ask the average football junkie who isn't a Bills fan. Football junkies watch and read about every team and have informed opinions. Do they watch every snap like Bills fans? No, but they also have unbiased views of what they do view. I'm just saying that outside of the Bills circle, Trent is not always viewed as a long term solution.

There are a lot of very knowledgeable former players and coaches who think TE will be a very good QB.

crayonz is brilliant. he says things to get reactions, and it always works. there is a method to his madness, some people just don't pick up on it. most things he says are not his real opinions, they are 'ieatcrayonz's opinions

Can we please get back on track and quit talking about that idiot?

I say it'd be great to have him in a Bills uniform next year provided he has a strong desire to keep playing, that he'd be willing to continue and/or end his career in Buffalo, that he gets no offers from a team who made the playoffs 2006-2009, he gets no offers from a coastal and/or desert team, and he comes on the cheap, which of course is dependent on all the aforementioned factors.

Big Cat. You honestly would like to see ieatcrayonz in a Bills' uniform next year?!?

True Trent isn't known around the league as anything special. But to me the guy has 2 big time tools working for him that anyone can see 1-Completion percentage 2- Low INT total. Both of those are a result of good decision making with only little experience in the league he already makes good decisions with the ball.

Football Prospectus is high on QB's who do exactly what Trent does. The two things Trent needs to improve are health and TD's. If he can play all 16 games and the TD's go up he is our guy.

True Trent isn't known around the league as anything special. But to me the guy has 2 big time tools working for him that anyone can see 1-Completion percentage 2- Low INT total. Both of those are a result of good decision making with only little experience in the league he already makes good decisions with the ball.

Football Prospectus is high on QB's who do exactly what Trent does. The two things Trent needs to improve are health and TD's. If he can play all 16 games and the TD's go up he is our guy.

The low interception number is heavily skewed.

Trent has been brainwashed into protecting the football at all costs which results in a checkdown offense.

Turk and Dick refuse to attack the endzone. They would rather try a field goal than let Trent risk a pick by throwing to the end zone.

There is hope, however. On several occasions when there was no other option but to throw downfield, Trent has shown the ability to make good decisions and throw accurately.

It's too bad his development is being stunted by clowns who are too scared of their own shadow to run an effective offense.

The low interception number is heavily skewed.

Trent has been brainwashed into protecting the football at all costs which results in a checkdown offense.

Turk and Dick refuse to attack the endzone. They would rather try a field goal than let Trent risk a pick by throwing to the end zone.

There is hope, however. On several occasions when there was no other option but to throw downfield, Trent has shown the ability to make good decisions and throw accurately.

It's too bad his development is being stunted by clowns who are too scared of their own shadow to run an effective offense.

You clearly didn't read the OC's statement in the Buffalo news stating that the Bills offense was hamstrung by the fact that opposing teams were doubling and rolling coverages to stop Lee Evans from getting the ball. Plus the fact that the Bills lacked an effective tight end which also limited the offensive passing game, hence the reason the Bills offered KC a #3 for Tony Gonzalaz

When Josh Reed went down with an injury the entire passing game went with him, the bills were lacking a decent second possession receiver.

This season should be quite different as the Bills now have TO, opposing teams can't double both Evans and TO, and they will be unable to stack the box with that double threat on both sides, which should open up both the passing game and running game, yeah...smile :rolleyes:

PS, plus the Bills have some really good young receivers that could step up this year. On a side note, I sorta agree with the clown statement considering some of the play calls last season.

Guest dog14787
Crayonz is an idiot. Don't pay attention to anything he says.

Crayonz may come across that way to some , but he's one of the more intelligent posters on TSW in my opinion.

But to me the guy has 2 big time tools working for him that anyone can see 1-Completion percentage 2- Low INT total.

Last year Trent had 11 TDs and 10 Ints. Career he's 18 - 18. Not sure how that figures into "Low INT total." His completion percentage last year was one of the highest in the league. Maybe he can build on that. Of course he may have to do a little better this year to keep that up factoring in some TO patented drops.

Go BILLS !!