Muslims ask apology in arrest

pdh1

Of course, an apology could be used in a civil suit as an admission of culpability...

Stupid argument, anyway.  For all we know, the police acted appropriately, but the woman simply had brittle bones.  It's not uncommon in 68-year olds...  :w00t:

108957[/snapback]

For all we know, the police could have been overzealous, which has been my only point.

They're both innocent, for now.

Of course, an apology could be used in a civil suit as an admission of culpability...

Stupid argument, anyway.  For all we know, the police acted appropriately, but the woman simply had brittle bones.  It's not uncommon in 68-year olds...  :flirt:

108957[/snapback]

Don't forgot, she was big and fat too. A fat lady falling is never a good thing.

She's innocent until proven guilty.  And asking for an apology is generally considered by grown ups to be a bit different than being convicted of a crime.

108944[/snapback]

That's all I was tryin' to say, man.

Chiming in that police have been on the wrong side of necessary force over the years was, I guess, over the line for a subject like alleged police brutality. Not saying that this woman was a saint. I'm certainly not anti-police; I just think they should do their jobs right. What if this person was diabetic or there was some other reason? Police are held to a higher standard than retribution, like dragging a 68-y.o. woman across the ground, if that is what happened. I'm sure the courts will settle it out.

A great scene from "due South":

Fraser: Dad! I don’t know if it’s escaped your attention, but only very recently I received a massive blow to my head!

Robert Fraser: Yeah, well you’ve still got a few good hours left in you. Go get him.

Fraser: What?!

Robert Fraser: Go get your man!

Fraser: Oh good, I’m glad you brought this up. Would you explain to me, please, just once and for all, explain to me: why is it that we always have to 'get our man'?

Robert Fraser: Well, it’s the motto, son!

Fraser: It is not.

Robert Fraser: It is!

Fraser: It is not! It is definitely not our motto. Our motto actually is ‘Maintain the Right’

Robert Fraser: M-maintain the-- [sputters]

Fraser: Maintain the Right. Now what you’re saying is, we’re supposed to pursue people to the ends of the earth for a motto that isn’t even our motto!

Robert Fraser: [muttering ] Well , must be the new one, then. The old one used to be just... ‘ go get your man.. and bring him back alive’ or just... Go get him!

And....

I can't tell you how many times he nearly died numerous times bringing a low life to justice. He'd give them his food! He'd carry them on his back. Men who had done unspeakable things, men he detested. Men who had tried to kill him. But he never brought one back dead. Because the moment they were his responsibility he'd sacrifice himself before letting them die.

And it was in North Carolina, not South Carolina. But I guess we are just dumb rednecks to folks up in UConn.

108844[/snapback]

Yaknow, I should've remembered that after Peter Karmanos (A BIG :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: to him) uprooted the Whalers to Raleigh to average 6,000 fans in a converted warehouse....

Whoops.

And we in Connecticut don't think of you as rednecks, just "lesser NCAA basketball competition." :flirt: Just another area of this grand country.

That's all I was tryin' to say, man.

Chiming in that police have been on the wrong side of necessary force over the years was, I guess, over the line for a subject like alleged police brutality. Not saying that this woman was a saint. I'm certainly not anti-police; I just think they should do their jobs right. What if this person was diabetic or there was some other reason? Police are held to a higher standard than retribution, like dragging a 68-y.o. woman across the ground, if that is what happened. I'm sure the courts will settle it out.

A great scene from "due South":

109357[/snapback]

Now you're simply making excuses. What if your head was as big as your front door? Would it still fit up your ass?

You continue to concentrate on her age, as if she deserves some kind of free pass. She kicked another person in the chest. Maybe that was some kind of epileptic reaction... :flirt:

Yaknow, I should've remembered that after Peter Karmanos (A BIG :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: to him) uprooted the Whalers to Raleigh to average 6,000 fans in a converted warehouse....

Whoops.

And we in Connecticut don't think of you as rednecks, just "lesser NCAA basketball competition." :D Just another area of this grand country.

109386[/snapback]

Any time you want to compare the number of Uconn's NCAA basketball titles to Tobacco Road's, go ahead.

And the friggin Whaler's never made it to the Stanley Cup finals to they moved here