Muslims ask apology in arrest

pdh1

GREENSBORO -- Some Muslim leaders are demanding an apology -- issued in Arabic or French -- from a Greensboro police officer they say broke the shoulder of a 68-year-old Egyptian-American woman.

copyright violation - post link

HOW WOULD AN ENGLISH SPEAKING CHRISTIAN/JEW/HINDU BE TREATED IN A MUSLIM COUNTRY IN THE MIDDLE EAST, JACKASS!

Edited by KRC

GREENSBORO -- Some Muslim leaders are demanding an apology -- issued in Arabic or French -- from a Greensboro police officer they say broke the shoulder of a 68-year-old Egyptian-American woman.

HOW WOULD AN ENGLISH SPEAKING CHRISTIAN/JEW/HINDU BE TREATED IN A MUSLIM COUNTRY IN THE MIDDLE EAST, JACKASS!

107638[/snapback]

So the measurable standard of acceptable govt behavior is a Middle-East Islamic theocracy? When do we start beheading women for showing 1/16 sq. in. of skin at their ankles?

Analogy:

Say you're searching your neighbor's kid's room for a toy that your son said he stole. And you, by accident, break the kid's nose while tossing things around. You don't find the toy; in fact, it was under your son's bed the whole time. And you don't, at the very least, apologize. :D

107638[/snapback]

Excellent. Let's just suspend any and all civil rights for anyone in this country who isn't an English speaking Christian/Jew/Hindu. Jackass, indeed.

So the measurable standard of acceptable govt behavior is a Middle-East Islamic theocracy? When do we start beheading women for showing 1/16 sq. in. of skin at their ankles?

Analogy:

Say you're searching your neighbor's kid's room for a toy that your son said he stole. And you, by accident, break the kid's nose while tossing things around. You don't find the toy; in fact, it was under your son's bed the whole time. And you don't, at the very least, apologize.  :D

107697[/snapback]

At the very least SHE should aplogize to the woman she kicked.

Who was just trying to do her job and make a living.

But it is always about the "victim class" isn't?

Never mind your own actions...you are not accountable.

Yeah....ok.

Analogy:

Say you're searching your neighbor's kid's room for a toy that your son said he stole. And you, by accident, break the kid's nose while tossing things around. You don't find the toy; in fact, it was under your son's bed the whole time. And you don't, at the very least, apologize.  :D

107697[/snapback]

Yeah but don’t you think its cruel and unusually punishment to make someone apologize in FRENCH!! :lol:

Yeah but don’t you think its cruel and unusually punishment to make someone apologize in FRENCH!! :w00t:

108078[/snapback]

Je m'excuse.

<ducks>

(Grandparents were French-Canadian.)

phd1, if this woman was kicking at the officer (there's no link), that's mitigation but not nearly enough to warrant breaking an elderly woman's shoulder. Police are well trained in how to detain / control people in these types of situations (I have two cops in my immediate family, one in AF Security Forces), and it's dubious that this 68-y.o. woman presented some grave threat, unless she was using a weapon, and there's not much of an excuse.

Je m'excuse.

<ducks>

phd1, if this woman was kicking at the officer (there's no link), that's mitigation but not nearly enough to warrant breaking an elderly woman's shoulder. Police are well trained in how to detain / control people in these types of situations (I have two cops in my immediate family, one in AF Security Forces), and it's dubious that this 68-y.o. woman presented some grave threat, unless she was using a weapon, and there's not much of an excuse.

108619[/snapback]

I love the judgement from people who aren't there. I don't care if you ARE a cop. Unless you were there, you have zero credibility coming to that conclusion without ALOT more information than one sentence.

Je m'excuse.

<ducks>

108619[/snapback]

Well, she was very overweight (seen her picture). A fat person resisting arrest and then falling to ground would be plenty enough to break her shoulder. Plus, if she knew how to behave in public, it never would have got to that point.

My points are that:

1. The NC area Muslims make the analogy the Americans wouldn’t want to be treated like that in another country. That is so stupid. Like Middle -eastern countries welcome anyone. Not only would your 'civil rights' be violated, you probably be killed. So don't sit there and whine about America.

2. As usual with Muslim rights groups, they are only thinking of themselves. Her son "burns with anger". Well, she attacked an employee of Wal-Mart. How would you feel if that was your daughter she kicked.

So please know that MANY people are getting fed up with this "victim status" that Muslims in the U.S. claim. They are not like African-Americans. We did not drag them here against their will. They are free to leave any time the want. And if there is an occasion were they checked more at an airport, blame their fellow brothers in Islam for their constant attacks and threat of attacks. You can't blame people for reacting to reality.

And to asking the police to apologize in another language for doing their job and reacting to her self-centered ignorance, just highlights the arrogant, self-righteous, and down right ungrateful attitude of her and non-English speaking Muslim brethren who have been allowed to come here to the U.S.A and make a living.

But the rest of the story, assaulted a store employee, resisted arrest. 

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/observer/news...10128442.htm?1c

108676[/snapback]

I'm not saying that kicking someone in the chest gets a free pass. The courts might sort it out. And no I wasn't there, but neither were 290 million other people in this country. Police officers need to be acting more responsible and level-headed than the people they're arresting.

I guess getting tripped up and falling to the ground is resisting arrest when you're a Muslim in a Wal-Mart in S.C. And I guess that's good enough reason to drag her on the ground to the cruiser....

Injuries like those aren't exactly the norm. But I'm sure the police spokesman and IA will say everything was all right. Ask them, they'll tell you.

I'm not saying that kicking someone in the chest gets a free pass. The courts might sort it out. And no I wasn't there, but neither were 290 million other people in this country. Police officers need to be acting more responsible and level-headed than the people they're arresting.

I guess getting tripped up and falling to the ground is resisting arrest when you're a Muslim in a Wal-Mart in S.C. And I guess that's good enough reason to drag her on the ground to the cruiser....

Injuries like those aren't exactly the norm. But I'm sure the police spokesman and IA will say everything was all right. Ask them, they'll tell you.

108712[/snapback]

How do you know they didn't? Nothing better than guilty until proven innocent.

That's right, Liberals aren't elitists. They even know what happens when they aren't even there. The media reported it, so it must be true. I guess that means John Kerry is still cruising to victory in Florida and Ohio.

108712[/snapback]

Who said she tripped up? She kicked a Wal-Mart employee and then resisted arrest.

I guess you just assume the worst of policemen, who work for low pay and put their lives on the line every day to protect the public, even the ones who don't know how speak English after living here for 12 years.

And it was in North Carolina, not South Carolina. But I guess we are just dumb rednecks to folks up in UConn.

Just go ahead and continue to give your support to those who hate the U.S., but love to come over here to take advantage of all it has to offer.

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Who said she tripped up? She kicked a Wal-Mart employee and then resisted arrest.

I guess you just assume the worst of policemen, who work for low pay and put their lives on the line every day to protect the public, even the ones who don't know how speak English after living here for 12 years.

And it was in North Carolina, not South Carolina. But I guess we are just dumb rednecks to folks up in UConn.

Just go ahead and continue to give your support to those who hate the U.S., but love to come over here to take advantage of all it has to offer.

108844[/snapback]

Actually she has been a US citizen for 12 years and in country for 24.

108844[/snapback]

Didnt you know? Its NEVER the criminals fault, ALWAYS the cops fault, if only they didnt provoke the person to do these things. Much like high speed chases. Its never the guy running from the cops' fault. If only there were a Bizarro reality we could send the left back to where they belong.

Wouldn't that also apply to the Muslim woman charged (yet not convicted), or would asking for that be elitist?

108937[/snapback]

Well, that lovely lady's family is already asking for the Policeman to apologize to her in Arabic or French, and have their lawsuits ready, so their minds are made up.

Guess they don't want to wait for the courts. So why should we?

Le le le le le le le le le le le le le le le le le

Well, that lovely lady's family is already asking for the Policeman to apologize to her in Arabic or French, and have their lawsuits ready, so their minds are made up.

Guess they don't want to wait for the courts. So why should we?

108943[/snapback]

She's innocent until proven guilty. And asking for an apology is generally considered by grown ups to be a bit different than being convicted of a crime.

She's innocent until proven guilty.  And asking for an apology is generally considered by grown ups to be a bit different than being convicted of a crime.

108944[/snapback]

Yes, its real grown up to ask the apology be in French or Arabic.

Yeah, that will happen.

Lawsuits are usually done by grown ups too, last time I checked.

Time for them to get some money from us taxpayers, Yaw Hoo!

She's innocent until proven guilty.  And asking for an apology is generally considered by grown ups to be a bit different than being convicted of a crime.

108944[/snapback]

Of course, an apology could be used in a civil suit as an admission of culpability...

Stupid argument, anyway. For all we know, the police acted appropriately, but the woman simply had brittle bones. It's not uncommon in 68-year olds... :w00t: