Ellis Lankster

H2o

http://www.dailymail.com/Sports/WVUSports/200907090037

This really could cause Florence to get the axe if this guy shows the same flashes in the preseason. I don't see us letting go of Youboty or Cary Harris unless they're lost out there. I really don't expect that from Youboty and hope he builds off of what he showed last year early. I think it will come down to Harris and Florence in the end.

This really could cause Florence to get the axe if this guy shows the same flashes in the preseason. I don't see us letting go of Youboty or Cary Harris unless they're lost out there. I really don't expect theat from Youboty and hope he builds off of what he showed last year early. I think it will come down to Harris and Florence in the end.

If he is solid, it means that we will not resign Terrence Mcgee next year.

This really could cause Florence to get the axe if this guy shows the same flashes in the preseason. I don't see us letting go of Youboty or Cary Harris unless they're lost out there. I really don't expect theat from Youboty and hope he builds off of what he showed last year early. I think it will come down to Harris and Florence in the end.

Mitchell and Whitner have identified him as the most surprising rookie in camp. <_<

I propose that the Lauvale Sape fan club change their name to the Ellis Lankaster fan club

Perhaps an Ode to Ellis is in order

Umm. Petrino's odes were entertaining to read, but the subjects of his affection never seemed to stick around for very long.

Just sayin' ...

Here are the current cornerbacks & safeties on the current roster.

CB: Terrence McGee, Leodis McKelvin, Ashton Youboty, Drayton Florence, Reggie Corner, Cary Harris, Ellis Lankster, Dustin Fox, Lydell Sargeant.

S: Donte Whitner, Bryan Scott, Ko Simpson, George Wilson, Jairus Byrd, John Wendling.

So who makes it to the active roster?

This could very well be McGee's last year with the Bills. Youboty, Florence & Corner will battle for the nickelback position and could also become McGee's future replacement. Harris & Lankster should battle for the last roster spot. Fox is a special teamer who will have to impress the Bills enough to stay because of his special teams ability. Sargeant is pretty much camp fodder who's best shot is by making the practice squad.

As for the safeties, all eyes will be on Byrd. If Byrd impresses enough to start right away, that leaves a big battle between Scott, Simpson & Wilson. Scott is the veteran and has a better chance of staying. Simpson is in a tough spot as he is definitely being replaced as a starter. Wilson has value on special teams, so he has that to fall back on. Wendling is also a big special teamer and could stick for that reason too.

It will be a big battle in the entire secondary during camp & preseason.

Here are the current cornerbacks & safeties on the current roster.

CB: Terrence McGee, Leodis McKelvin, Ashton Youboty, Drayton Florence, Reggie Corner, Cary Harris, Ellis Lankster, Dustin Fox, Lydell Sargeant.

S: Donte Whitner, Bryan Scott, Ko Simpson, George Wilson, Jairus Byrd, John Wendling.

So who makes it to the active roster?

This could very well be McGee's last year with the Bills. Youboty, Florence & Corner will battle for the nickelback position and could also become McGee's future replacement. Harris & Lankster should battle for the last roster spot. Fox is a special teamer who will have to impress the Bills enough to stay because of his special teams ability. Sargeant is pretty much camp fodder who's best shot is by making the practice squad.

As for the safeties, all eyes will be on Byrd. If Byrd impresses enough to start right away, that leaves a big battle between Scott, Simpson & Wilson. Scott is the veteran and has a better chance of staying. Simpson is in a tough spot as he is definitely being replaced as a starter. Wilson has value on special teams, so he has that to fall back on. Wendling is also a big special teamer and could stick for that reason too.

It will be a big battle in the entire secondary during camp & preseason.

It seems they keep 11 total DB's each year. 6 CB's and 5 Safeties.

I'm guessing for CB's: McGee, McKelvin, Corner, Youboty, Lankster and Florence.

For safeties I'm guessing; Whitner, Byrd, Wilson, Wendling, Simpson.

JMO.

You forgot Scott. He started half of last season, he will make the team.

I love hearing about our picks doing well, but we know Jaurons not going to give them a chance until week 12 when the 4 guys higher than him on the depth chart are injured...

And McGee is gone either way, we never resign CBs which is why we always draft CBs. At least this one ran a 4.3

Yeah, I see Scott staying, and probably over Simpson.

As for the Bills not re-signing their CB's, take a look around and see just exactly how many teams re-sign their expensive CB's.

Yeah, I see Scott staying, and probably over Simpson.

As for the Bills not re-signing their CB's, take a look around and see just exactly how many teams re-sign their expensive CB's.

I'm not so sure about that. It usually takes two years for a player to return to full strength from the injury Simpson had in 2007. I think you'll see the same Ko that played very well in his first season again. Hopefully they'll be able to trade a guy (most likely Simpson) for something. Even a 7th rounder would be better than letting a guy walk due to cuts. JMO

I was never that big on Lankster at WVU. Made some good plays on D, but got beat a lot and was sometimes a liability as a returnman. However, I think a lot of his coverage issues were due to the 335 we play at WVU. I think the Cover 2 would be more his style. I'm going to wait and see how he does with pads on because he has never been known for his hitting ability.