Oy Va

Mark57

Again, you work so hard to make yourself miserable about a season that hasn't played yet. Any non-Buffalo fan (and a lot of Bills fans) know we haven't had playoff caliber talent. People across the league thought Losman was a joke. Again, I'm on record as saying this is DJ's make it or break it year. But if the Bills do make the playoffs this season, DJ will have a good look at coach of the year. How many coaches can say they have won the award twice with 2 different teams?

Again, you work so hard to make yourself miserable about a season that hasn't played yet. Any non-Buffalo fan (and a lot of Bills fans) know we haven't had playoff caliber talent. People across the league thought Losman was a joke. Again, I'm on record as saying this is DJ's make it or break it year. But if the Bills do make the playoffs this season, DJ will have a good look at coach of the year. How many coaches can say they have won the award twice with 2 different teams?

It's "Oy Vey". And if DJ wins COTY, I will mow his yard for a year, for free. Hrmmph.

It's "Oy Vey". And if DJ wins COTY, I will mow his yard for a year, for free. Hrmmph.

Or maybe he meant Oye Como Va. Could be a big Santana fan. To paraphrase our illustrious leader Dickie J, "typing yiddish sayings on NFL message boards is hard. We did it perfectly in practice on Friday"

Last year was "make it or break it" year. He broke it, was outcoached severely in several games, made

numerous bone-headed decisions, led the team to yet another 7-9 season, and was rewarded with a new contract.

Buffalo will not make the playoffs again this year, which will make it 10 years running I believe, and worst in the NFL

along with Detroit.

<_<

Last year was "make it or break it" year. He broke it, was outcoached severely in several games, made

numerous bone-headed decisions, led the team to yet another 7-9 season, and was rewarded with a new contract.

Buffalo will not make the playoffs again this year, which will make it 10 years running I believe, and worst in the NFL

along with Detroit.

:)

I just don't understand the thinking at one Bill drive, the plan to move Walker to LT and Butler to RT is just stupid - why screw up two positions when you can just screw up one, Walker is an adequate RT why make him into a pi$$ poor LT and Brad Butler at RT is a joke- Better options 1. Levi Jones at LT Walker at RT, 2. Tra Thomas at LT Walker at RT, 3. D Bell at LT Walker at RT, 4. Walker at LT and Chambers at RT (at least Chambers has played at OT recently).

The thing that is maddening with the Bills isn't trading Jason Peters, it seemingly to have no intelligent backup plan to the LT position- Walker to LT and Butler to RT is just stupid, lazy, and cheap. The Bills seem bent on nullifying all the good moves they have made on offense - but this is the Bills history, have a QB who is best at throwing deep (Bledsoe) lets take away all his deep receiving threats and make him into a dink and dunk QB, got a QB who is best rolling out (Losman) lets make him into a pocket QB, got a QB who is smart but a little fragile (Edwards) lets make sure he gets hit a bunch of times. Did Wilson make a pledge that no Bills QB will play as well as Jim Kelly while he is still alive?

Or maybe he meant Oye Como Va. Could be a big Santana fan. To paraphrase our illustrious leader Dickie J, "typing yiddish sayings on NFL message boards is hard. We did it perfectly in practice on Friday"

.....and then steps on rake......

I just don't understand the thinking at one Bill drive, the plan to move Walker to LT and Butler to RT is just stupid - why screw up two positions when you can just screw up one, Walker is an adequate RT why make him into a pi$$ poor LT and Brad Butler at RT is a joke- Better options 1. Levi Jones at LT Walker at RT, 2. Tra Thomas at LT Walker at RT, 3. D Bell at LT Walker at RT, 4. Walker at LT and Chambers at RT (at least Chambers has played at OT recently).

The thing that is maddening with the Bills isn't trading Jason Peters, it seemingly to have no intelligent backup plan to the LT position- Walker to LT and Butler to RT is just stupid, lazy, and cheap. The Bills seem bent on nullifying all the good moves they have made on offense - but this is the Bills history, have a QB who is best at throwing deep (Bledsoe) lets take away all his deep receiving threats and make him into a dink and dunk QB, got a QB who is best rolling out (Losman) lets make him into a pocket QB, got a QB who is smart but a little fragile (Edwards) lets make sure he gets hit a bunch of times. Did Wilson make a pledge that no Bills QB will play as well as Jim Kelly while he is still alive?

I suspect that the Bill's braintrust has the following master plan for our offensive line. I don't think that this will be the opening day starting line-up; however, I wouldn't be shocked to see this by week 4 or 5. I agree with the previous post in that Walker is an average RT at best. He will be eaten alive by speed rushers (and we will be seeing great ones just about every week). I feel that Bell's athleticism makes him a better option at left tackle, given that he has made sufficient progress over the off-season.

LT Demetrius Bell

LG Adam Levitre

C Eric Wood

RG Brad Butler

LT Langston Walker

With Hangartner, McKinney, and Chambers for some quality depth....that's a pretty solid line.

wasnt last year a make or break year for DJ as well? how did that turn out

people should get used to the idea of DJ as head coach bc Ralph would rather keep him as head coach then fire him and pay him for two years

I suspect that the Bill's braintrust has the following master plan for our offensive line. I don't think that this will be the opening day starting line-up; however, I wouldn't be shocked to see this by week 4 or 5. I agree with the previous post in that Walker is an average RT at best. He will be eaten alive by speed rushers (and we will be seeing great ones just about every week). I feel that Bell's athleticism makes him a better option at left tackle, given that he has made sufficient progress over the off-season.

LT Demetrius Bell

LG Adam Levitre

C Eric Wood

RG Brad Butler

LT Langston Walker

With Hangartner, McKinney, and Chambers for some quality depth....that's a pretty solid line.

Russ Brandon said the Bills targeted Hangartner in free agency after pro-scouting him for two years. If he ends up as a backup, someone should lose his job.

LT Demetrius Bell

LG Adam Levitre

C Eric Wood

RG Brad Butler

LT Langston Walker

D Bell is STILL a project I don't know why everyone is convinced he will be the answer.

I have very high hopes and best wishes for him, but he has not yet stepped on the field during live action. And again, his progress IS being hampered by terrible coaching and a bad scheme.

So he is trying to become a starter from a 7th round project, essentially by himself.

We can hope but we should not be counting on D Bell working his way into the starting lineup and being effective, this year. We should be counting on Mr. Walker manning that spot, for which is is not ideally built, all year long. Then, asking for an LT contract!

Russ Brandon said the Bills targeted Hangartner in free agency after pro-scouting him for two years. If he ends up as a backup, someone should lose his job.

Ya think????

But no-one will, no matter.

Read this today

" “The biggest challenge is more about athleticism and speed,” Butler said. “It’s going to take some time to get used to that. But what’s great is that I’ve got (defensive end Chris) Kelsay to go against every day, and he practices hard, and ultimately the way I’ll make the conversion to tackle is by working hard in practice and he’s going to expect that out of me every day, and I’m going to expect that of him.”

I take back all the mean things I said about Butler, if he can hold up against a superstar like Kelsay then he will be an pro-bowl RT for sure.

LT Demetrius Bell

LG Adam Levitre

C Eric Wood

RG Brad Butler

LT Langston Walker

I've been thinking this all along. That Bell is the starter by week five. And closet yiddishists on the Stadium Wall- Love it.

I've been thinking this all along. That Bell is the starter by week five. And closet yiddishists on the Stadium Wall- Love it.

Who'd have thunk that billybob knew Hebrew.

I think of a banjo player singing "If I Were a Rich Man", Deedle-Deidle Doodle Dum.

I'm just sayin.....we all know that Langston Walker is going to be eaten alive by speed rushers this season. Eventually, after Trent gets the snot knocked out of him a few times, the coaching staff will be forced to at least give D. Bell some reps on the left side. The other option will be helping that side of the line with TE and RB support, which would limit our offense. I know that he is unproven; however, he seems to be our best option in the event that Walker just can't hold it down.

If Trent goes down with a serious injury....the season will be OVER.

I'm just sayin.....we all know that Langston Walker is going to be eaten alive by speed rushers this season. Eventually, after Trent gets the snot knocked out of him a few times, the coaching staff will be forced to at least give D. Bell some reps on the left side. The other option will be helping that side of the line with TE and RB support, which would limit our offense. I know that he is unproven; however, he seems to be our best option in the event that Walker just can't hold it down.

If Trent goes down with a serious injury....the season will be OVER.

That's probably what they said about Bledsoe before Brady got his shot. That's probably what they said about Trent Green before Warner got his shot. Don't pretend that you know what Fitzpatrick is capable of based on a small sample size.

LT Demetrius Bell

LG Adam Levitre

C Eric Wood

RG Brad Butler

LT Langston Walker

Wishful thinking on Bell, IMHO. So far we've heard two main things about the guy. First that he has a good physique for the position, which means very little by itself. And second, we have some very good quotes about his improvement, improvement which, concretely, allowed him to climb to a third-stringer last year.

Just don't even begin to see it.

along with Detroit.

:lol:

Being out-coached and being a talent starved team with no possible response to even the most simplistic defensive scheme due to inferior personnel (namely at WR) is not the same thing.

Can anyone tell me which coach could have made the playoffs with the rosters we had for each of our 7-9 teams? DJ has consistently overachieved considering the personnel he had to work with. We should be praising him because by all rights we should have been much worse than 7-9.

I'm so sick of Bills fans who cannot accept that we have bad players and want to blame our mediocrity on coaching. I'm not sure if it is stupidity or self induced blindness, but Vince Lombardi wouldn't have made the playoffs with most of the recent Bills teams.

LT Demetrius Bell

LG Adam Levitre

C Eric Wood

RG Brad Butler

LT Langston Walker

That's funny, because that appears to be easily the worst line in the NFL. But big freaking deal, because so does every other hypothetical starting offensive line that one could create using our current roster.

Langston Walker was the most consistent linemen last yr. Watch tape instead of blabbing based on his Madden ratings.