ESPN First take

jscap

They are doing a piece on JP and what happened to a once promising career.

saw him at Papaya again last night. I swear the man lives there. Full beard and everything. Honestly, I feel bad for the guy. He really took to the community, he just has no concept of getting rid of the ball in a timely fashion. With a real QB coach he might have a shot, I mean hes still only 28 and has a cannon for an arm.

Guest dog14787
saw him at Papaya again last night. I swear the man lives there. Full beard and everything. Honestly, I feel bad for the guy. He really took to the community, he just has no concept of getting rid of the ball in a timely fashion. With a real QB coach he might have a shot, I mean hes still only 28 and has a cannon for an arm.

Sums it up pretty good, its crazy another NFL team has not expressed interest in J.P. Losman , especially considering our coaching woes here in Buffalo in recent years.

Sums it up pretty good, its crazy another NFL team has not expressed interest in J.P. Losman , especially considering our coaching woes here in Buffalo in recent years.

Why's it crazy when it's readily apparent? Yes, we've had HC woes but JP had the good fortune of being mentored by two of the best QB coaches in the business in Wyche and Schonert. There is a reason no team in a QB-starved league brought him in for as much as a look-see.

GO BILLS!!!

They said after a year with Fassel in Vegas he may look to catch on w/ an NFL team next season

I sincerely hope that happens for the man. Fassel is a good mind and can only help.

GO BILLS!!!

Why's it crazy when it's readily apparent? Yes, we've had HC woes but JP had the good fortune of being mentored by two of the best QB coaches in the business in Wyche and Schonert. There is a reason no team in a QB-starved league brought him in for as much as a look-see.

GO BILLS!!!

Wasn't Schonert Edwards QB coach too? Maybe he only knows how to coach them to look good againts teams with loosing records.

Why is it crazy that another NFL team hasn't expressed interest in JP? If our recent coaching woes are the reason JP has struggled, you would think that non-woeful coach would be more than happy to take him under his wing.

Or maybe the non-woeful coaches recognize the same thing our woeful coaches do. JPs game is flawed. Always has been and can not be corrected

It's not really a complicated story - he was drafted by the Bills, jerked around a bit, but couldn't make good on the chances he had. His contract expired, and nobody in the NFL was willing to give him a chance, so now he's trying to make good in another league.

Best of luck to him, but I mean, it's not that interesting unless he comes roaring back from the UFL.

You don't consider Sam Wyche and Turk Schonert real QB coaches? Sam Wyche is a former HC who spent a whole off season with JP to get him prepared. In any case teams that have "real QB coaches" obviously don't feel he has the potential to take a shot at him, and these expert QB coaches can evaluate JP's potential a lot better than any of us can. Although I don't think our coaches have been among the top coaches in the league for the most part in the last few years, it isn't fair to blame them for JP's failure as an NFL QB.

Although I don't think our coaches have been among the top coaches in the league for the most part in the last few years, it isn't fair to blame them for JP's failure as an NFL QB.

That's the JP fanboys conundrum

Blame the inept coaching staff. If JP had a good coach he'd be successful

But how many good coaches have offered JP a contract at league minimum with no bonus?

Why is it crazy that another NFL team hasn't expressed interest in JP? If our recent coaching woes are the reason JP has struggled, you would think that non-woeful coach would be more than happy to take him under his wing.

Or maybe the non-woeful coaches recognize the same thing our woeful coaches do. JPs game is flawed. Always has been and can not be corrected

have you seen ryan fitzpatrick play? Its a wonder anyone signed him.....we did

You don't consider Sam Wyche and Turk Schonert real QB coaches? Sam Wyche is a former HC who spent a whole off season with JP to get him prepared. In any case teams that have "real QB coaches" obviously don't feel he has the potential to take a shot at him, and these expert QB coaches can evaluate JP's potential a lot better than any of us can. Although I don't think our coaches have been among the top coaches in the league for the most part in the last few years, it isn't fair to blame them for JP's failure as an NFL QB.

I think it is more than fair to blame the amount of different coaches and systems JP has had as a BIG reason for his failure. Had he had only one coaching staff & one system to learn there is no telling how he may have developed. Trent has been fortunate in comparison, he has had the same staff for all three years BUT if Dick is fired after this year Trent will have to start from scratch as JP had to do over & over. It will be interesting to see if Fassel can repair JP or not. If he can, JP may help Fassel get back to the NFL.