One Of The Funniest Movie Scenes Ever!!

Steely Dan

Actually here now they have Blazing Saddles. I'll take BS or CS any day.

"Our town is turning into shiit...."

I was watching the last half of BS and Caddyshack is next.

Oh I agree, BS is funnier than CS, overall, but the one scene of CS is one of the funniest ever. I'm trying to think of any scenes in BS that are funnier than the CS scene.

I was watching the last half of BS and Caddyshack is next.

Oh I agree, BS is funnier than CS, overall, but the one scene of CS is one of the funniest ever. I'm trying to think of any scenes in BS that are funnier than the CS scene.

rustlers, cutthroats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperadoes, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, half-wits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswagglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass kickers, sh-- kickers and Methodists

Taggart: I got it! I got it!

Hedley Lamarr: You do?

Taggart: We'll work up a Number 6 on 'em.

Hedley Lamarr: [frowns] "Number 6"? I'm afraid I'm not familiar with that one.

Taggart: Well, that's where we go a-ridin' into town, a-whompin' and a-whumpin' every livin' thing that moves within an inch of its life. Except the women folks, of course.

Hedley Lamarr: You spare the women?

Taggart: Naw, we rape the sh-- out of them at the Number Six Dance later on.

Hedley Lamarr: Marvelous!

[the Governor is having trouble putting his pen back into its holder]

Hedley Lamarr: Think of your secretary...

[the pen goes straight in]

Governor William J. Le Petomane: Thank you. That's a good one.

Buddy Bizarre: [yells into the ear of an actor] WRONG!

[hits the actor in the head]

Buddy Bizarre: Watch me! It's so simple! Give me the playback! Watch me, faggots!

And my favorite:

[Lamarr's posse rides up on Bart's diversion: a single tollbooth in the middle of the desert]

Taggart: "LePetomaine Thruway"? Now what'll that !@#$ think of next?

[turns to the posse]

Taggart: Has anybody got a dime?

[henchmen grumble, search their pockets]

Taggart: Somebody's gotta go back and get a shiitload of dimes!

rustlers, cutthroats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperadoes, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, half-wits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswagglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass kickers, sh-- kickers and Methodists

Taggart: I got it! I got it!

Hedley Lamarr: You do?

Taggart: We'll work up a Number 6 on 'em.

Hedley Lamarr: [frowns] "Number 6"? I'm afraid I'm not familiar with that one.

Taggart: Well, that's where we go a-ridin' into town, a-whompin' and a-whumpin' every livin' thing that moves within an inch of its life. Except the women folks, of course.

Hedley Lamarr: You spare the women?

Taggart: Naw, we rape the sh-- out of them at the Number Six Dance later on.

Hedley Lamarr: Marvelous!

[the Governor is having trouble putting his pen back into its holder]

Hedley Lamarr: Think of your secretary...

[the pen goes straight in]

Governor William J. Le Petomane: Thank you. That's a good one.

Buddy Bizarre: [yells into the ear of an actor] WRONG!

[hits the actor in the head]

Buddy Bizarre: Watch me! It's so simple! Give me the playback! Watch me, faggots!

And my favorite:

[Lamarr's posse rides up on Bart's diversion: a single tollbooth in the middle of the desert]

Taggart: "LePetomaine Thruway"? Now what'll that !@#$ think of next?

[turns to the posse]

Taggart: Has anybody got a dime?

[henchmen grumble, search their pockets]

Taggart: Somebody's gotta go back and get a shiitload of dimes!

Those are all great but the BR scene still trumps them IMO. I did consider the toll booth scene but the BS scene edges it out by this/much.

BS runs again after CS.

Those are all great but the BR scene still trumps them IMO. I did consider the toll booth scene but the BS scene edges it out by this/much.

BS runs again after CS.

I guess we just have different taste in humor. That's not even the funniest scene in the movie.

Here's a couple off of the top of my head...

Ahh, life before political correctness

Also, several scenes in Something about Mary, The Jerk, and Cable Guy.

Oh yeah, A Fish Called Wanda and the Fletch movies as well....put it on the Underhill's bill. :thumbsup:

Never saw "Swingers" but the others are fantastic choices that I'm familiar with. :w00t:

You've got to check out Swingers, funny movie, one of Vince Vaughn's earliest roles.

Swingers got a little overexposed eventually, but at the time was a friggin hysterical movie. Captured the young, west coast loser/wanna-be actor thing perfectly.

Swingers got a little overexposed eventually, but at the time was a friggin hysterical movie. Captured the young, west coast loser/wanna-be actor thing perfectly.

Chef Jim: Whose order is this sitting here getting cold?

Young west coast loser/wanna-be actor: Mine

Chef Jim: You're an actor right?

Young west coast loser/wanna-be actor: Yeah!

Chef Jim: Then act like a !@#$ing waiter and get this food out of my !@#$ing kitchen!!

Chef Jim: Whose order is this sitting here getting cold?

Young west coast loser/wanna-be actor: Mine

Chef Jim: You're an actor right?

Young west coast loser/wanna-be actor: Yeah!

Chef Jim: Then act like a !@#$ing waiter and get this food out of my !@#$ing kitchen!!

:thumbsup:

I've heard this story with Ford as a waiter and not a grocery clerk but it's still funny;

Harrison Ford

Besides being a licenced pilot, what do I have in common with the actor Harrison Ford? In addition to being fabulously attractive and well regarded, of course.

When Harrison Ford was starting out in Hollywood he landed a number of bit parts like bellhop, cowboy, and suspect number two. Naturally he played each role to the best of his ability, putting his considerable talent towards making the audience believe he was indeed a bellhop, a cowboy or a suspicious individual. He wanted bigger roles, but they were not forthcoming. One studio executive apparently told Ford that he was delivering the lines he was given, and was well-suited to portraying a bellhop or a waiter, but that he lacked star quality.

"Check out Tony Curtis in HIS first role," the exec said. "He's a grocery clerk but you KNOW he's a movie star."

"I thought the point was you were supposed to think he was a grocery clerk", countered Ford, quite reasonably.

I've heard this story with Ford as a waiter and not a grocery clerk but it's still funny;

Good clip. I know there are movies I've watched where I still see the actor as not their character, but as other characters they have played.

Good clip. I know there are movies I've watched where I still see the actor as not their character, but as other characters they have played.

The best example of this is Eddie Murphy in the two Nutty Professor movies. You actually forget it's Eddie playing all of those roles, especially those of his parents.

Mama Klump (talking to Sherman as he's leaving): "Cletus! The dogs got into the garbage again!"

Cletus Klump (off screen): "Well, shoot the damn dogs!"

I don't know why, but that sequence in the first Nutty Professor makes me laugh every single time. :)

Any movie from the 80s with Rodney is a classic. Back to School, Easy Money and of course Caddy Shack are all among my favorite movies ever. They also fall into that category of flick that has replay ability. Can watch again and again.

Favorite line from Back to School when Rodneys bitchy wife is introducing one of her plump friends to him. She asks him to comment on her beautiful green dress.

"If that dress had pockets you could be a pool table. No offense. You should come to one of my Big And Tall Stores."

Never saw "Swingers" but the others are fantastic choices that I'm familiar with. :lol:

I agree with the others....you gotta see Swingers, man. One of my fave films of all time.

The best example of this is Eddie Murphy in the two Nutty Professor movies. You actually forget it's Eddie playing all of those roles, especially those of his parents.

Mama Klump (talking to Sherman as he's leaving): "Cletus! The dogs got into the garbage again!"

Cletus Klump (off screen): "Well, shoot the damn dogs!"

I don't know why, but that sequence in the first Nutty Professor makes me laugh every single time. :lol:

I saw an article at the time from a movie columnist stating that Murphy should have gotten a best actor nomination for that film.

Any movie from the 80s with Rodney is a classic. Back to School, Easy Money and of course Caddy Shack are all among my favorite movies ever. They also fall into that category of flick that has replay ability. Can watch again and again.

Favorite line from Back to School when Rodneys bitchy wife is introducing one of her plump friends to him. She asks him to comment on her beautiful green dress.

"If that dress had pockets you could be a pool table. No offense. You should come to one of my Big And Tall Stores."

Caddyshack made a lot of money for Rodney. He was a successful comedian but Caddyshack made him a star and opened the door for him being a leading man in comedies.

BTW, his stores were tall and fat;

Thornton Melon: [television commercial] Hi there. Are you a large person? Pleasantly plump? A little on the hefty side, perhaps? Well, let's face it: Are you FAT? When you go jogging, do you leave pot-holes? When you make love, do you have to give directions? At the zoo, do the elephants throw YOU peanuts? Do you look at a menu and say 'OK'? Well, now, you can eat all you want, because at Thornton Melon's "Tall & Fat" stores, we've got you covered. That's right. Fine woolen, and woolen-blend suits and sport coats, in all the larger sizes - husky, stout, extra-stout, and the new Hindenburg line. And for you ladies we have caftans, muumuus, and our own exclusive A-frame in all colors and patterns. Yes, we have miles and miles of fabric. So take it from me, Thornton Melon, if you want to look thin, you hang out with fat people.