The Adrian Wilson Cruise missile strike

Well made points.

However, who hasn't seen Peyton Manning call a judicious time out when the defense throws him a curve?

The best timeout I have ever seen called was last year during the Giants vs Steelers game when Eli Manning called a timeout on a 3rd and 1 when he didn't even have a timeout left. Its was a ballsy move because Everyone and the Steelers knew that it was going to be a run and with the way the Steelers were jamming the line I even knew they were going to be stuffed. But Eli still called the timeout and on the next play he threw a 7 yard pass for a first (It became 3rd and 6 after the penalty).

That was a great call and Eli's brother Peyton makes calls like that all the time. I think that those guys have a good feel for the game and know exactly when to call a time out. Trent I guess had a similar feeling but it was that he was going to be successful (To an extent he did if he didn't get hurt) and get the ball down the field and avoid the hit.

Its tough to knock the guy but I guess you did a good job exploring the question. The only part you shouldn't have said was that he should have expected to get hit and that should have led him to call a time out.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said: Typical troll response.

Yeah, in the 13+ years I've been around these parts, I've been known as one of the worst trolls in the neigborhood.

"TIME-OUT, REF! TIME-OUT. K-9 MIGHT HURT ME!"

You crack me up, kid.

GO BILLS!!!

The best timeout I have ever seen called was last year during the Giants vs Steelers game when Eli Manning called a timeout on a 3rd and 1 when he didn't even have a timeout left. Its was a ballsy move because Everyone and the Steelers knew that it was going to be a run and with the way the Steelers were jamming the line I even knew they were going to be stuffed. But Eli still called the timeout and on the next play he threw a 7 yard pass for a first (It became 3rd and 6 after the penalty).

That was a great call and Eli's brother Peyton makes calls like that all the time. I think that those guys have a good feel for the game and know exactly when to call a time out. Trent I guess had a similar feeling but it was that he was going to be successful (To an extent he did if he didn't get hurt) and get the ball down the field and avoid the hit.

Its tough to knock the guy but I guess you did a good job exploring the question. The only part you shouldn't have said was that he should have expected to get hit and that should have led him to call a time out.

Thanks, but, personally, next time, I hope Edwards calls a time out and goes over to talk to Schonert (not Juaron).

What should have happened on the (essentially season-ending) hit by Adrian Wilson?

He was never picked-up by anyone. He was out there drooling all day, and yet it unfolded like a rabbit walking into a wolf's mouth.

Should Edwards have checked out? Called a time out? Should the RB or Walker made an adjustment? What?

...or was it simply an act of god, like a hurricane?

What on Earth are you talking about season ending play?

Trent didnt miss the season and had one of his only solid outings in his first game back. Are you referring to our record after that? Because if you are tying Trents horrendous play the rest of the season on that sack then you clearly have not looked past the teams record to check Trents performance.

Trent played poor in 3 of the 4 wins in the 4-0 start. Sure he got some comeback wins, but his overall performance in three of those wins was average to below average. In fact, 2 wins everyone gives credit too Trent for were delivered because of a Huge play by Mitchell and a huge miraculous play by Marshawn...otherwise we dont win 2 of those first 4 games.

The hard truth is that the 4-0 start covered up the average play at best by Trent against 4 of the worst teams in the league.

Trent has the weapons and experience now to really step his game up this year, and I hope he does. But last year he only had 3 good outings, and 2 of them were AFTER the concussion (SD and DEN). So, I am confused on how Adrian Wilson ended our season...

In fact, if you look at Trents numbers game by game all last year, they are pretty much on par for his entire career as a starter...before and after the concussion. The biggest difference in the second half were that teams had enough tape to easily figure him out and the teams we played were better overall.

Blather on. It's free...

If you insist. But I'd rather you answer my legitimate football questions that you conveniently ignore by cherry picking quotes and parsing posts in order to resort to name calling. It smacks of the insecurity born of not having facts or expert opinion to back your own point of view.

GO BILLS!!!

Trent didnt miss the season and had one of his only solid outings in his first game back. Are you referring to our record after that? Because if you are tying Trents horrendous play the rest of the season on that sack then you clearly have not looked past the teams record to check Trents performance.

Trent played poor in 3 of the 4 wins in the 4-0 start. Sure he got some comeback wins, but his overall performance in three of those wins was average to below average. In fact, 2 wins everyone gives credit too Trent for were delivered because of a Huge play by Mitchell and a huge miraculous play by Marshawn...otherwise we dont win 2 of those first 4 games.

The hard truth is that the 4-0 start covered up the average play at best by Trent against 4 of the worst teams in the league.

Trent has the weapons and experience now to really step his game up this year, and I hope he does. But last year he only had 3 good outings, and 2 of them were AFTER the concussion (SD and DEN). So, I am confused on how Adrian Wilson ended our season...

In fact, if you look at Trents numbers game by game all last year, they are pretty much on par for his entire career as a starter...before and after the concussion. The biggest difference in the second half were that teams had enough tape to easily figure him out and the teams we played were better overall.

and the crusade continues....

:lol:

If you insist. But I'd rather you answer my legitimate football questions that you conveniently ignore by cherry picking quotes and parsing posts in order to resort to name calling. It smacks of the insecurity born of not having facts or expert opinion to back your own point of view.

Continue to blather on...

Sooner or later, if just by dumb chance, you'll reach an audience that mistakenly thinks your not a blowhard.

Isn't that pretty much self-evident, except for the aberrant Chargers game?

How would you explain that aberrant Chargers game? Did the post concussion blues take a week off? He fell apart on his own, Adrian Wilson didn't kill our season.

How would you explain that aberrant Chargers game? Did the post concussion blues take a week off? He fell apart on his own, Adrian Wilson didn't kill our season.

Aberrations cannot be explained. That's why they're aberrant.

Maybe I'm wrong to think that Edwards played better before Adrian rocked his socks, but worse afterward. Maybe his pet turtle died, and that's the real reason his play fell off. Who really knows?

Continue to blather on...

Sooner or later, if just by dumb chance, you'll reach an audience that mistakenly thinks your not a blowhard.

I'll agree to blather on if you agree to hold on to your absurd notion that Edwards should have called a timeout on a play he read successfully and made successfully because he "thought" he was going to get hurt by a blitzing safety that GAVE him the read and ability to make the play. Deal?

GO BILLS!!!

Very solid post. Trent's good games were SD, DEN, Seattle, KC, and Saint Louis. The rest were a combination of average games with a few comebacks sprinkled in and bad games. As you pointed out 3 of his better games came after the concussion so its not exactly the concussion that ended our season.

However I don't doubt that Trent was affected by the concussion because he just looked different at times and it wasn't just the fact that he was playing against better teams there were times where he just looked lost out on the field (Perfect example the Cleveland game).

Our downfall last year was harder competition, more tape on our slightly less vanilla play calling, and our overall lack of adjusting by our coaching staff over the course of the regular season. The concussion was just the cherry on top of a bad set of circumstances that led to a 2-8 record after a 5-1 start.

Aberrations cannot be explained. That's why they're aberrant.

Maybe I'm wrong to think that Edwards played better before Adrian rocked his socks, but worse afterward. Maybe his pet turtle died, and that's the real reason his play fell off. Who really knows?

The term aberration simply means to deviate from the normal path. The term doesn't represent something that cannot be explained. You and I might not be able to explain it but that wasn't the point. The point was Trent's concussion didn't effect his play in the San Diego game and probably didn't effect him after.

The term aberration simply means to deviate from the normal path. The term doesn't represent something that cannot be explained. You and I might not be able to explain it but that wasn't the point. The point was Trent's concussion didn't effect his play in the San Diego game and probably didn't effect him after.

To quote you, "probably".

I watched every instant of every game live and later on DVR, and Edwards was different before/after. Was it the concussion, or the death of his pet turtle? Or did Jauron develop a dislike for Bills scoring TDs?

I'm pretty sure the play called for hitting the hot route when it looked like a blitzer came free. If I remember correctly, Trent saw Wilson coming, but held on to the ball a little longer to try to make the play to the hot route. Can't remember if he hit it, but I think that's what happened.

Hardy was slow to recognize he was the hot read which caused Trent to hold the ball.

Hardy was as responsible as Walker was for getting our QB maimed

if Hardy runs the quick slant, he probably scores a TD -= not falls down for a short gain.

With success like that, the Cards would blitz all day long if the worst they give up is 8 yards and take out the QB.

Hardy was slow to recognize he was the hot read which caused Trent to hold the ball.

Hardy was as responsible as Walker was for getting our QB maimed

if Hardy runs the quick slant, he probably scores a TD -= not falls down for a short gain.

With success like that, the Cards would blitz all day long if the worst they give up is 8 yards and take out the QB.

Right about Hardy. Wrong about Walker.

GO BILLS!!!