Bills front 7: The 1-2 scheme.

Of the front four, only Marcus Stroud is an NFL starter, and he's as old as Methuselah. Posluszny and Mitchell might start for quite a few teams, but Ellison...no way.

How is that gonna work?

Of the front four, only Marcus Stroud is an NFL starter, and he's as old as Methuselah. Posluszny and Mitchell might start for quite a few teams, but Ellison...no way.

How is that gonna work?

That Schobel guy is pretty good when healthy I believe :pirate:

How is that gonna work?

Only Stroud is an NFL starter? Someone better tell Aaron Shcobel that!

How is that gonna work?

Eh. They were 14th overall last season. Sure - stats can be played every way imaginable. Offensive performance, field position (a big thing with the Bills, certainly), competition, defensive philosophy etc.

Were they a top crew, changing the outcome of games, contest after contest? Nope - but I can't see a way to call them a bunch of bums, or bad athletes, or slackers.

Yeah.....that Poz guy is going to rock, Schobel will be healthy and Ellison is not going to be on the field. Stroud walked with the first water on earth but looked pretty strong all by himself.

Go Bills

Were they a top crew, changing the outcome of games, contest after contest? Nope - but I can't see a way to call them a bunch of bums, or bad athletes, or slackers.

What I said was simply that only Stroud, and maybe Poslusny and Mitchell would start for a contender. I said nothing about the other four being "bums, bad athletes, or slackers."

Personally I think the Kyle Williams plays way over his natural physical abilities. Kelsay would not start for any contender. Schobel may/or may not come back to his ancient form, but I don't think he's a certainty by any means. Do we need to get down to the bottom of the barrel and bring McCargo and Spencer Johnson into the discussion?

What I said was simply that only Stroud, and maybe Poslusny and Mitchell would start for a contender. I said nothing about the other four being "bums, bad athletes, or slackers."

Personally I think the Kyle Williams plays way over his natural physical abilities. Kelsay would not start for any contender. Schobel may/or may not come back to his ancient form, but I don't think he's a certainty by any means. Do we need to get down to the bottom of the barrel and bring McCargo and Spencer Johnson into the discussion?

Congrats on lasting a full day on TSW. Not sure I'm getting the point of this thread or of your very first day here - unless it's just to bash the Bills in general.

Not sure I'm getting the point of this thread or of your very first day here - unless it's just to bash the Bills in general.

Didn't read in the TOS that you had to be a complete homie to discuss Bills football here.

There are things I like about the Bills, and things that I find very lacking. Anyone who is thrilled with a team that hasn't made the playoffs in ten seasons is way beyond a fan.

For your benefit:

I really very much like...

-the running backs (Bong, Fred and Dominic)

-McGee (I liked Greer, but...)

-Lee Evans and Owens

-Moorman and Lindell, but they had an off year (for them)

-McKelvin and Parrish as returners

-Stroud

-given half a chance, I'd also like to like Trent...

Not sure I'm getting the point of this thread

I thought I made it clear at the outset that of the front 7, four guys are probably going to be frequently taken to school by their opponents when the Bills play contenders. Three (Stroud, Posluszny and Mitchell) were going to frequently hold their own, or prevail.

To clarify the question (namely: How is that going to work?), I meant that it's going to be tough for the Bills to defend against the quality opponents.

I welcome differing opinions, and don't really understand that you don't understand that part of reality is identifying and fixing weaknesses.

If you're arguing that Kelsay, Williams, Johnson, Ellis, McCargo, Schobel (he might come back pretty tough ?), Ellison, DiGiorgio and the rest of the front 7 rotation are going to win a lot of match ups, I just have to differ. When the Bills play contenders, those guys are going to be over matched frequently.

Frankly, I haven't the slightest idea about how Maybin will fare this year. He could be a young Jevon Kearse or he could be another Chris Ellis.

I thought I made it clear at the outset that of the front 7, four guys are probably going to be frequently taken to school by their opponents when the Bills play contenders. Three (Stroud, Posluszny and Mitchell) were going to frequently hold their own, or prevail.

To clarify the question (namely: How is that going to work?), I meant that it's going to be tough for the Bills to defend against the quality opponents.

I welcome differing opinions, and don't really understand that you don't understand that part of reality is identifying and fixing weaknesses.

If you're arguing that Kelsay, Williams, Johnson, Ellis, McCargo, Schobel (he might come back pretty tough ?), Ellison, DiGiorgio and the rest of the front 7 rotation are going to win a lot of match ups, I just have to differ. When the Bills play contenders, those guys are going to be over matched frequently.

Frankly, I haven't the slightest idea about how Maybin will fare this year. He could be a young Jevon Kearse or he could be another Chris Ellis.

I'm not arguing anything. This is your second reply to my single post, so I guess you're having an argument with yourself.

I'm not arguing anything. This is your second reply to my single post, so I guess you're having an argument with yourself.

Well, somebody said that they didn't understand my point.

If trying to clarify what someone said they failed to understand is arguing with yourself, then, you're right, I'm arguing with myself.

How is that gonna work?

Stroud and Schobel are solid when healthy. Poz is solid and can become excellent and Mitchell started on a Super Bowl defense (The 2007-2008 Giants defense) so having 4 capable starters on a defensive front 7 isn't terrible (Not good either).

As far as the rest I have a feeling that we will sign a guy to replace Ellison, Maybin has potential to be a starter in this league, Kyle Williams might not be the best but he is a average starter and could start on a few teams in the league.

Easy now, cowboy. Let's not grind him into dirt today. Perhaps tomorrow, but not today. I must say I say I'm in the same camp vis-a-vis the front four. My "Must-make-it-happen-NOW" player in 2009 is McCargo. I'm VERY nervous about the Bills' push up the middle, and I've BEEN very nervous about the Bills' push up the middle since the Williams/Washington days. I can't believe the Bills have pulled all they can pull from Kyle Williams over the years, but....SHEESH! The guy's a 5th rounder DT! Come On! I'm grateful for every down he plays, but I live with nightmares of 3rd-and-5 and 3rd-and-7 being converted over and over and over ad nauseum. Nail the new poster if you must - we've all been there. But it doesn't take away from the fact that the center of the D-Line is NOT Pro-Bowl calibre. I wanted Wendell Bryant. Call it desperation. Fine. But until the Bills can stop the fuggin' Pats* in the fourth quarter when they start inhaling the clock like my Hoover sucks up dog hair on the carpet, get used to blaming DJ, the FO, and the antichrist.

Except the culprit is going to be the D-Line.

How is that gonna work?

It's not true, so we don't need to worry about how it would work.

Schobel, if healthy, starts for all but a handful of teams. Williams is certainly an average starter-calibre guy. And we have no earthly idea how Maybin will play, so this post simply isn't true.

Of the front four, only Marcus Stroud is an NFL starter, ...

Now you're misquoting yourself. Suddenly the word "contender" pops up where it certainly wasn't used before. You're changing horses in midstream. You're supposed to think about what you say in a first post of a thread.

What are you saying?

Suddenly the word "contender" pops up where it certainly wasn't used before.

Wow! You got me there Sherlock, and I cannot deny it one bit. By adding the word "contender" I attempted to fool everybody and completely reverse my position

THAT THE BILLS ONLY HAVE THREE GOOD PLAYERS

on their front seven.

Not even trying to hedge my meaning by giving my thread the title, "Bills front 7: The 1-2 scheme" can fool anybody now that I have been caught using a superfluous word in a later comment.

Thanks for straightening me out. From now on I will never use any words in subsequent posts that I didn't use in previous posts.

Oh believe me...this was not his 1st day, nor his 1st TSW screen name.

Actually, my dear friend, that statement is 100% wrong.

So, how about telling us about how fierce the Bills front seven is...