Did the Southwest.com website crash?

I tried it & it worked fine. Unfortunately, the fares are $116 each way from Albany to Buffalo & they send the passengers to Baltimore 1st. I had to pass.

Flights from Albany to other places in NY, other than JFK, seem to go through Baltimore-negating any benefits flying has. I once looked up flying to Islip and between the early arrival at the airport, going down to Baltimore, then going to Islip & arriving without a car, it was a ton easier just driving down there.

Meanwhile, out in California, I'm able to fly from Oakland to LA on a Sunday for $69-nonstop! Also when I fly Southwest from Albany -Oakland or LA, I have to stop in either Chicago or Las Vegas. Southwest out of Albany is nothing special unless you're going to Baltimore, Chicago or Las Vegas.

The sale fares to Buffalo end today but every time I try to book I get a "Sorry-Try Again" page. Tried calling them and its busy all day. Any idea what's going on?

PTR

According to website there are having problems. Appears to have cleared up a bit.

I was able to find the $30 deal BWI -> BUF for Sep 20, Oct 11 and Nov 1 games just now leaving on Saturday and returning on Monday. Look for direct flights only. Booked for Sep 20 and Oct 11.

http://www.southwest.com/travel_center/routemap_dyn.html

Where you flying from? Manchester?

The problem is the direct routes suck from many cities and if there isn't a direct flight not much of a deal. If I flew out of IAD (Dulles) it would be almost $300.

According to website there are having problems. Appears to have cleared up a bit.

I was able to find the $30 deal BWI -> BUF for Sep 20, Oct 11 and Nov 1 games just now leaving on Saturday and returning on Monday. Look for direct flights only. Booked for Sep 20 and Oct 11.

http://www.southwest.com/travel_center/routemap_dyn.html

Where you flying from? Manchester?

The problem is the direct routes suck from many cities and if there isn't a direct flight not much of a deal. If I flew out of IAD (Dulles) it would be almost $300.

I did finally get on and booked two RTs from Manchester this fall for $30 each way! $30 freakin' bucks!! I can't drive it for less.

PTR