NTBDHFBDTAKGFNKLNVFAAUNBA

Beerball

sorry, no registered birthdays today, please try again tomorrow.

Today's Birthdays

People born on July 8

Joan Osborne (1962): Singer/songwriter who began her musical career in the late ‘80s at an open-microphone night in a New York City club. The favorable response from the audience that night encouraged Osborne to pursue a career in music, and she’s been singing ever since. Osborne promptly started her own record label, Womanly Hips Records, and went on to release "Soul Show" in 1991 and "Blue Million Miles" in 1994. While she had a loyal local following, Osborne did not achieve mainstream success until she signed with Mercury Records to release "Relish" in 1995, which included the super-hit single, "One of Us." She has since released the album "Righteous Love" in 2000 and 2002's "How Sweet It Is."

Kevin Bacon (1958): Actor who is most famous for putting on his dancing shoes in the 1984 film Footloose. Bacon began his acting career on the stage, making his Broadway debut in "Slab Boys," a play that also starred then-unknown actors Sean Penn and Val Kilmer. After winning a starring role on the silver screen in the 1982 movie "Diner," Bacon knew that he wanted to have a career in film. Some of Bacon’s credits include She’s Having a Baby (1988), Flatliners (1990), JFK (1991), He Said, She Said (1991), A Few Good Men (1992), Apollo 13 (1995), Sleepers (1996), Hollow Man (2000), and Trapped (2002). Most recently he appeared in the Oscar nominated picture Mystic River (2003), directed by Clint Eastwood.

Marianne Williamson (1952): Author who inspires her readers with her spiritual guidance and uplifting view of the world. Williamson is both a popular lecturer and the Spiritual Leader of the Church of Today, a New Thought church, in Michigan. Some of her best selling books include A Return to Love, Emma and Mommy Talk to God, A Woman’s Worth, Illuminata: A Return to Prayer, Enchanted Love: The Mystical Power of Intimate Relationships and Healing the Soul of America: Reclaiming Our Voices as Spiritual Citizens. Last year she released Everyday Grace: Having Hope, Finding Forgiveness, and Making Miracles.

Anjelica Huston (1951): Actress who garnered a whole new audience of fans when she starred as Morticia Addams in The Addams Family (1991) and Addams Family Values in 1993. Huston began acting as a teenager in father John Huston’s film A Walk with Love and Death (1969). While taking a brief absence from the big screen to model in New York, Huston made an Oscar-winning return to film in 1985, with her performance in Prizzi’s Honor. Huston has given stellar performances in films including Crimes and Misdemeanors (1989), The Grifters (1990), The Perez Family (1995), Ever After: A Cinderella Story (1998), The Royal Tenenbaums (2001), Blood Work (2002) and last summer's Daddy Day Care. Huston directed her first feature film, Agnes Browne, in 1999.

Wolfgang Puck (1949): Chef-restaurateur who brought new life to California cuisine by adding a French twist to common ingredients. Before coming to the US in 1973, Puck was a chef at the Hotel de Paris in Monaco and Maxim’s in Paris. Puck took Los Angeles by storm, and his stint as chef and part owner of Ma Maison was a delicious success. Puck went on to publish his first cookbook in 1982, Modern French Cooking for the American Kitchen, and founded the trendy restaurant, Spago, later that year. Since then Puck has opened Chinois in Santa Monica, Postrio in San Francisco, Granita in Malibu and the more affordable, Wolfgang Puck Pizza Cafes, across the US.

Are you sure none of the above are registered? Where is our star power (other than SKOOB of course)?

Kevin Bacon (1958): Actor who is most famous for putting on his dancing shoes in the 1984 film Footloose. Bacon began his acting career on the stage, making his Broadway debut in "Slab Boys," a play that also starred then-unknown actors Sean Penn and Val Kilmer. After winning a starring role on the silver screen in the 1982 movie "Diner," Bacon knew that he wanted to have a career in film. Some of Bacon’s credits include She’s Having a Baby (1988), Flatliners (1990), JFK (1991), He Said, She Said (1991), A Few Good Men (1992), Apollo 13 (1995), Sleepers (1996), Hollow Man (2000), and Trapped (2002). Most recently he appeared in the Oscar nominated picture Mystic River (2003), directed by Clint Eastwood.

They missed his film debut in Animal House (1978). He was so green he did it for scale and he didn't know what scale meant.

Is "Social!" some of the new cant? Help me here, gringo...I don't grasp the modern context of an old word.

I'm drawing from the rich and colorful Drinking Game Vernacular. Example: Let's say I bounce the quarter successfully into the shot glass. That means you take a drink. If I miss, I take a drink. In the unlikely event my cat jumps up and swallows the quarter in flight, we both spontaneously declare, "SOCIAL!" and everybody present takes a drink. Right about now, you're thinking how pathetic it all is, and you're right. But you have to remember the primary function of the drinking game: Run! Run away from your problems and don't look back. And have a muthergrabbin fun ass time doin' it!

I'm drawing from the rich and colorful Drinking Game Vernacular. Example: Let's say I bounce the quarter successfully into the shot glass. That means you take a drink. If I miss, I take a drink. In the unlikely event my cat jumps up and swallows the quarter in flight, we both spontaneously declare, "SOCIAL!" and everybody present takes a drink. Right about now, you're thinking how pathetic it all is, and you're right. But you have to remember the primary function of the drinking game: Run! Run away from your problems and don't look back. And have a muthergrabbin fun ass time doin' it!

Is "Thumper" still out there?

I bet "Minnie-Ha-Ha" has gone by the wayside...