Any structural engineers out there?

Kid in the neighborhood, walking by, contracted to sweep my walk:

I supply the broom.

Contract completed in 10 minutes.

Cost: 1 Dollar.

:pirate:

So we're supposed to believe the transaction takes place like this:

CINCY: Hello there, young man. How would you like to help out a neighbor and earn yourself a crisp dollar bill in the bargain?

KID: Sure mister, what do you have in mind?

etc…

I'm not sure you could get a neighborhood kid to pause his ipod for less than $20.

Nawww, Sounds expensive, Bechtel can build one cheaper :pirate:

You replied before I edited and finished my post. :rolleyes

Go back and read it. Your trigger response - I must say - augers against Bechtel.

What do you know about contracting such a costly endeavor, that makes you say that Bechtel can build a "cheaper" one?

Define "cheaper".

Do you own a Wii?

So we're supposed to believe the transaction takes place like this:

CINCY: Hello there, young man. How would you like to help out a neighbor and earn yourself a crisp dollar bill in the bargain?

KID: Sure mister, what do you have in mind?

etc…

I'm not sure you could get a neighborhood kid to pause his ipod for less than $20.

I wouldn't ever say "help out a neighbor?".

I would say "Kid want a buck? Sweep my walk ". It could take it or leave it.

My posts were an example of how contractors with historical ties to the Federal government act. You seem to personalize it, and your crack of "Sure, Mister...' is disgusting and offensive. I get your implication.

Very poor on your part, gringo. Very poor.

Apologize.

Guest dog14787
You replied before I edited and finished my post. :rolleyes

Go back and read it. Your trigger response - I must say - augers against Bechtel.

What do you know about contracting such a costly endeavor, that makes you say that Bechtel can build a "cheaper" one?

Define "cheaper".

Do you own a Wii?

Cheaper- lower bid, better design/construction with an excellent reputation so why go anywhere else? Besides, the NRC doesn't let much of anything slip by the wayside.

I was going to, but then I glanced at your impressive post count and I lost my nerve. :lol:

:thumbsup:

When I'm at the Pearly Gates, I'll tell St. Pete "Gringo will be along sooner or later. Let 'em in, we wanna play pinochle and sit on a porch where we can watch the sun rise with all the rest of the wags you let in here."

:unsure:

When I'm at the Pearly Gates, I'll tell St. Pete "Gringo will be along sooner or later. Let 'em in, we wanna play pinochle and sit on a porch where we can watch the sun rise with all the rest of the wags you let in here."

:lol:

Sounds nice. I'll bring my thesaurus.