Sherkston Shores Question

Peter

Never rented or owned, but let me describe my last visit there several years ago.

I wanted to take my wife and daughter to a place of many happy memories. While I swam and frolicked more at Crystal Beach, I also had many good times at Sherkston Beach as well. So one weekend while visiting Buffalo I decided to take everyone. I got there and I was shocked at how much they were charging. $18 per person just to swim on the beach. Well it was a lot but we came all this way and it was a nice beach day so I paid the $54.

I drove into the park and looked for a parking spot...and looked...and looked. I drove around the entire park and I swear every parking space was taken, including spaces that weren't mean to be parked in. I have never seen Sherkston this crowded. I mean it looked like a refugee camp.

So I went back to the office and asked for my money back. I had not been there more that 30 minutes. I was refused. I asked to speak to the manager. And Australian fellow came out and basically told me tough schitt and get lost before he called a cop.

This happened about 8 years ago. I don't know how Sherkston is now, but this episode left me with a bad taste. I would never go back. The management of Sherkston obviously did not know the meaning of the word "full." If I owned a property there and they packed the beach like this I'd be pretty pissed.

I hope it's better now.

PTR

Never rented or owned, but let me describe my last visit there several years ago.

I wanted to take my wife and daughter to a place of many happy memories. While I swam and frolicked more at Crystal Beach, I also had many good times at Sherkston Beach as well. So one weekend while visiting Buffalo I decided to take everyone. I got there and I was shocked at how much they were charging. $18 per person just to swim on the beach. Well it was a lot but we came all this way and it was a nice beach day so I paid the $54.

I drove into the park and looked for a parking spot...and looked...and looked. I drove around the entire park and I swear every parking space was taken, including spaces that weren't mean to be parked in. I have never seen Sherkston this crowded. I mean it looked like a refugee camp.

So I went back to the office and asked for my money back. I had not been there more that 30 minutes. I was refused. I asked to speak to the manager. And Australian fellow came out and basically told me tough schitt and get lost before he called a cop.

This happened about 8 years ago. I don't know how Sherkston is now, but this episode left me with a bad taste. I would never go back. The management of Sherkston obviously did not know the meaning of the word "full." If I owned a property there and they packed the beach like this I'd be pretty pissed.

I hope it's better now.

PTR

Thanks. I hope things have changed. We are going there in 10 days.