MJ memorial

I am old enough to remember the riderless horse,John Jr,etc. This seems to be going beyond anything I have ever seen.3200 cops ? All news preempted? WTF?

I think you summed it up well with WTF....no further comments needed.

Is it over? Is it safe to turn the television on yet?

They'll debrief the ceremony tonight. Tomorrow will start the "where's he buried/going to be buried" news. That'll last a few days. There'll be a lull in which time Sanford will be forced to resign, our stock market will either jump or tank again, and some big military thing will happen right as the toxicology report comes out. All relevant national news will then be shelved for a week as "medical experts" break down how exactly he died due to the horse tranquilizers, painkillers, whale urine, etc. that was found in his blood. Then his legacy will be debated. Then, just as news is dying down, we will all go to Canton, and as we go there, radio DJs will break into their playlists and announce that Swayze has died... Thus the circle of entertainment news...

I am old enough to remember the riderless horse,John Jr,etc. This seems to be going beyond anything I have ever seen.3200 cops ? All news preempted? WTF?

And apparently, even though this was arranged by his family, Los Angeles has to foot the ENTIRE bill.

;)

With things like this, how is it that California doesn't have budget problems or something?

And apparently, even though this was arranged by his family, Los Angeles has to foot the ENTIRE bill.

:D

With things like this, how is it that California doesn't have budget problems or something?

Can't wait till the next big "waahhh....the voters rejected a huge property tax increase!!!" story out of CA. :doh:

The number of idiots in the country today is exponentially higher than it was in 1963.

This is one of the factors, but not the only one. Certainly, the influx of illegal immigration, particularly Canadians, has led not only to stupidity, but to acceptance of pedophelia.

Other factors include so many channels on TV that have nothing else to do but show celebrity and reality garbage.

:doh:

and as the money pours in from the inevitable DVD of the memorial will the family pay the city back?

and as the money pours in from the inevitable DVD of the memorial will the family pay the city back?

Maybe the city has points on the profits.

LA really is a company town, there is no doubt about it.

I'm sure the flood of people brought in a good amount of money to the city, but it's still an absolute joke.

Actually I have'nt seen anything this big since the Ronald Reagan memorial.

I think you summed it up well with WTF....no further comments needed.

What he said.

Is it over? Is it safe to turn the television on yet?

I fear it may never end! Thank God for the History Channel!

They'll debrief the ceremony tonight. Tomorrow will start the "where's he buried/going to be buried" news. That'll last a few days. There'll be a lull in which time Sanford will be forced to resign, our stock market will either jump or tank again, and some big military thing will happen right as the toxicology report comes out. All relevant national news will then be shelved for a week as "medical experts" break down how exactly he died due to the horse tranquilizers, painkillers, whale urine, etc. that was found in his blood. Then his legacy will be debated. Then, just as news is dying down, we will all go to Canton, and as we go there, radio DJs will break into their playlists and announce that Swayze has died... Thus the circle of entertainment news...

Unfortunately, spot on.

I'm guessing the airport taxes and the hotels and the eateries and the rental cars and the taxes on merchandise and beach visits and future visitors and other stuff I'm forgetting will more than make up for it. JMO

I doubt it's going to be a fly in and then fly out thing. A lot of people will probably make a vacation of it.

Look man, your the biggest gossip hound & hypocrite I have ever typed at. So don't go all I can't take this MJ tribute/observance anymore.

Wa Wa Wa......look who MJ's kids are fathered by.....wa wa wa

Wa wa wa.......Farrah dies, I had her poster......wa wa wa

How hard do you piss and moan when you don't get your People and National Enquirer subscriptions delivered on time.

Look man, your the biggest gossip hound & hypocrite I have ever typed at. So don't go all I can't take this MJ tribute/observance anymore.

Wa Wa Wa......look who MJ's kids are fathered by.....wa wa wa

Wa wa wa.......Farrah dies, I had her poster......wa wa wa

How hard do you piss and moan when you don't get your People and National Enquirer subscriptions delivered on time.

Who exactly was this aimed at?

Who exactly was this aimed at?

I'm guessing Steely Dan. I was a little surprised when I read the following in a Steely post:

I fear it may never end! Thank God for the History Channel!

Steely usually is the resident gossip hound, following all the current garbage.

Dunno for sure who Mr. Pants was addressing, but that's my guess for the reason stated.