(OT) Stomp

gantrules

So many opinions on here I thought I'd add mine too.

I went and saw Stomp yesterday at 2 so I missed most of the game. That's 2 in a row I've missed and we won both....ugh.

Anyways, my mother loved it. She thought it was a great birthday present so I got huge kudos.

As for me I thought it was unbelievable. Those kids up there are just so frickin talented it's sick.

If anyone hasn't seen it I highly recommend seeing Stomp. And if you've got a mother who is around 50 it makes a great birthday present.

So many opinions on here I thought I'd add mine too.

I went and saw Stomp yesterday at 2 so I missed most of the game. That's 2 in a row I've missed and we won both....ugh.

Anyways, my mother loved it. She thought it was a great birthday present so I got huge kudos.

As for me I thought it was unbelievable. Those kids up there are just so frickin talented it's sick.

If anyone hasn't seen it I highly recommend seeing Stomp. And if you've got a mother who is around 50 it makes a great birthday present.

107356[/snapback]

I saw the off Broadway version, it was called Stump. You just can't beat a story about a boy and his tree. <_<

I saw Stomp in Baltimore back in '96. Great show! Did they do the thing where they come in wearing the big oil drums as shoes? I loved that part. I also loved the part where they made music with a bunch of discarded trash (a soda cup and straw, food wrapper, etc.).

Yes. Same material. In the program it said the show has been running since 1991. I had no idea it had been going on for that long.

I was in NYC in 1998 and ran in to the original guy, with the dreads, on the street. A bunch of people recognized him and asked for his autograph and he stop and signed a bunch.

Yes. Same material. In the program it said the show has been running since 1991. I had no idea it had been going on for that long.

I was in NYC in 1998 and ran in to the original guy, with the dreads, on the street. A bunch of people recognized him and asked for his autograph and he stop and signed a bunch.

107412[/snapback]

One of the guys who was in a touring production of Stomp was the drummer for a group I really like called 24-7 Spyz. His name is Anthony Johnson. He's an excellent drummer. I don't think he was in the Stomp production we saw in Baltimore though.