Combine baseball, nice weather and wifi

Day game at the ballpark. Wifi at the stadium. Take my laptop with me and I'm "working" with a brat and a beer behind home plate. FYI: Top 7 NH-5 Portland-4...oops make it 5-5! The Red Sox sent SS Jeb Lowrie down for a last-minute rehab stint with the Sea Dogs.

PTR

great!

now not only do we have to deal with nuckle heads on cell phones all game long, but now laptops too?

not saying your a knuckle head, but what ever happened to going to a game to get away and enjoy a few hours to yourself?

Day game at the ballpark. Wifi at the stadium. Take my laptop with me and I'm "working" with a brat and a beer behind home plate. FYI: Top 7 NH-5 Portland-4...oops make it 5-5! The Red Sox sent SS Jeb Lowrie down for a last-minute rehab stint with the Sea Dogs.

PTR

Why did you take a brat to the game? You could have enjoyed a beer(s) even more with a polite person.

great!

now not only do we have to deal with nuckle heads on cell phones all game long, but now laptops too?

not saying your a knuckle head, but what ever happened to going to a game to get away and enjoy a few hours to yourself?

Nice thing about minor lague ball is its not sold out so I can sit off by myself without bothering anyone. Besides I don't have to talk to do my work. Just respond to e-mails etc. But I know what you mean. 5-5 Bottom 8...NH with 2 on w/no outs.

PTR

that really does sound like a perfect day! :rolleyes:

PTR

that really does sound like a perfect day! :rolleyes:

Yep...and NH won. Scored a run in the 8th, shut Portland down in the 9th. 6-5.

MerchantsAuto.com stadium

These photos are two years old. SInce then they built a Hilton hotel in center field and the Sam Adams Club in right field.

And now time to jump into my pool. :lol:

PTR

I'm with you. There's nothing like a Major League Baseball game to give me the perfect setting to catch a 3-hour nap.

Nice thing about minor lague ball is its not sold out so I can sit off by myself without bothering anyone. Besides I don't have to talk to do my work. Just respond to e-mails etc. But I know what you mean. 5-5 Bottom 8...NH with 2 on w/no outs.

PTR

Can you enjoy a cigar or a cigarette - paying heavy taxes for same - when you are sitting off by yourself without bothering anyone?

That is awesome.

One life experience I've never had is catching a foul ball or a puck. I've been to I'd guess, around 500-600 sporting events and have never come close. I would gladly let my computer hit the ground for that chance. Someday I'm going to have to cheat and go watch BP before the game and go knock over some 10 year old as I chase down HRs.

PTR

You are giving us updates like any of us gives a sh*t who wins.

That is awesome.

One life experience I've never had is catching a foul ball or a puck. I've been to I'd guess, around 500-600 sporting events and have never come close. I would gladly let my computer hit the ground for that chance. Someday I'm going to have to cheat and go watch BP before the game and go knock over some 10 year old as I chase down HRs.

I actually caught 2 pucks in one game at the arena watching a Sabres game many years ago(probably 10 or so. I do not know what the odds are of that but they have to be pretty friggin high. I still have the one down at my bar, the other one I gave to this kid 2 rows behind me. P*sspot never even said thanks.

That is awesome.

I'll tell you what, I had the chance twice in one game at Camden Yards. I was about 3/4 of the way to left field foul pole down the 3rd base line, and about 20 rows up. Both were fairly high foul balls. Both times the ball bounced off my hands, and damn did they hurt. I am a pretty athletic guy, but it is hard to catch a ball that far down the line without a glove.

Never had a chance at a ball, but I was sitting about 10 seats away from a guy that got a bat. Slipped out of the batters hands. He wasn't going to give it up, since it did hit him, eventually the batter went and got another one to trade the guy.

That is awesome.

I was at Fenway on Saturday and Sunday. Saturday I was in the first row on the Monster and Veritek's homer came about 8 seats to the right........And, yesterday, I was in the front row about ten yards before the Pesky Pole, and a foul ball went one row behind me, went thru that guys hands and the guy in the next row caught it and it hurt!