Antoine Winfield frustrated by Vikes

Looks like someone is angling for a contract with the Texans next year.

Link

Why doesn't he just play out his contract & keep his mouth shut. Is making 6 mill dollars really that bad? Playout his contract & then he is free to go wherever he wants. When it is all said & done he is going to collect $35 mill from the vikings. Does he really need to B word about his contract thru the media at this stage of the game? & if he is that hellbent on finishing his career in Minn/not uprooting his kids, give the Viking a nice discount. I am sure they would be able to get a deal done if he did that.

Why doesn't he just play out his contract & keep his mouth shut. Is making 6 mill dollars really that bad? Playout his contract & then he is free to go wherever he wants. When it is all said & done he is going to collect $35 mill from the vikings. Does he really need to B word about his contract thru the media at this stage of the game? & if he is that hellbent on finishing his career in Minn/not uprooting his kids, give the Viking a nice discount. I am sure they would be able to get a deal done if he did that.

Did you even read that article? Because you don't seem to be grasping what is actually going on.

Did you even read that article? Because you don't seem to be grasping what is actually going on.

I read parts of it. So what, the vikings are saying they are going to negotiate/extend & they have not gotten any progress done. Loyalty is a two way street & the NFL is big business. Maybe they are not crazy about the idea of giving a 32 year old CB another long term contract. Have you ever thought about that instead of making a wiseass comment.

I read parts of it. So what, the vikings are saying they are going to negotiate/extend & they have not gotten any progress done. Loyalty is a two way street & the NFL is big business. Maybe they are not crazy about the idea of giving a 32 year old CB another long term contract. Have you ever thought about that instead of making a wiseass comment.

Winfield is not saying he wants more money, he is saying he wants to remain a Viking. His contract is up after the season and he wants to stay on board. Has nothing to do with getting/deserving more money. This is not Jason Peters. He's saying everyone in the organization feels the same way and tells him the same things but no one is actually doing anything to come up with a new contract. He said the same things also happened with Matt Birk and Darren Sharper. He just wants to know what is going on.

Winfield is not saying he wants more money, he is saying he wants to remain a Viking. His contract is up after the season and he wants to stay on board. Has nothing to do with getting/deserving more money. This is not Jason Peters. He's saying everyone in the organization feels the same way and tells him the same things but no one is actually doing anything to come up with a new contract. He said the same things also happened with Matt Birk and Darren Sharper. He just wants to know what is going on.

I know what he is saying, & he does want more money. He is not playing for free is he? In that business, actions speak louder then words. Maybe the Viking do not want to give an aging CB that his better years are behind him another contract. You could say they should come out & say that but why would they? They have him for one more year.

I know what he is saying, & he does want more money. He is not playing for free is he? In that business, actions speak louder then words. Maybe the Viking do not want to give an aging CB that his better years are behind him another contract. You could say they should come out & say that but why would they? They have him for one more year.

By "more money" it means getting paid more than what you are making right now. he is not asking for more money, he is asking to stay on the team. where does it say he won't work for the same amount of money he is getting paid right now?

By "more money" it means getting paid more than what you are making right now. he is not asking for more money, he is asking to stay on the team. where does it say he won't work for the same amount of money he is getting paid right now?

Dan, this is random but any chance that you are from Utica, NY or no? That is where I am from but now live in SC.

I get what your saying. I know he is not asking for more then what he is making now. Maybe the Vikings want to see how his body holds up this year before signing him to another contract. Especially for a guy like Winfield, who always threw his body around & never avoided contract he is on the wrong side of 30 & teams have got to be carefull with players like AW.

Wow, imagine that, a player that is not feeling appreciated by his team??

Let's just mail him a boat load of cash and the world will be saved!

Just another example of a cheap owner.

I am still waiting for a player to step forward and say YOU KNOW THIS TEAM IS PAYING ME TO MUCH MONEY....WE NEED TO TALK......lol

Yeah right. That's quite a dream there, devoid of reality and wrong. Of course he wants more money. Top CB's (contract wise anyway) are knocking down quite a bit more than he is. Also, you can bet he's after some hefty guaranteed coin as well and depending how much he can get up front, it will obviously play into what he'd take for his annual salary.

For a 32 year old CB, the Vikings would be less than sharp if they gave him huge guarantees in a new deal, especially since he's already under contract for the coming season.

Sorry Winni, tough it out on your 6 mil and shut up.

Let him go steal money from yet another team.

Whitner has earned every penny he has made. He plays hurt, he's tough, he's one of the best tacklers in the game, a fine cover corner...he leaves it all on the field.

You really have no sense for the game, do you WEO?

Yeah right. That's quite a dream there, devoid of reality and wrong. Of course he wants more money. Top CB's (contract wise anyway) are knocking down quite a bit more than he is. Also, you can bet he's after some hefty guaranteed coin as well and depending how much he can get up front, it will obviously play into what he'd take for his annual salary.

For a 32 year old CB, the Vikings would be less than sharp if they gave him huge guarantees in a new deal, especially since he's already under contract for the coming season.

Sorry Winni, tough it out on your 6 mil and shut up.

He isn't asking for more money for next year, and he made it clear he would be professional and play this year...so I think that remark is uncalled for.

If he hits FA, he won't be going back to the Vikings...and he likes playing with the Vikings. And since they say he's their guy, he expects them to get a deal done, so he isn't up in the air about his future in the NFL.

He wants a deal in place for his future. Can you blame him? Wouldn't you want one?