Jury duty today...

Beerball

I don't know, have to report today but facts really don't matter.

As a procecuter buddy of mine once said,"If a case goes to trial, the son of a B word is guilty of something pretty serious, maybe not the particular crime, but they don't go to trial if he didn't do something wrong somewhere along the line".

I remember the episode of King of Queens when Arthur was on jury duty. He's in the box and you can hear what he's thinking. It was hilarious! :lol:

Sorry I'm at work and can't get to the youtube link. :flirt: firewall!

I remember the episode of King of Queens when Arthur was on jury duty. He's in the box and you can hear what he's thinking. It was hilarious! :lol:

Sorry I'm at work and can't get to the youtube link. :flirt: firewall!

Here ya go:

I've never been summoned for jury duty; I kind of would like to go.

I got the papers for jury duty two or three times in my life. I recall having to reschedule once, because of a work issue. The other times (and the rescheduled date) happened to be just as I was moving out of state, for a new job. I wouldn't mind doing my bit for the judicial system (although I am relatively sure the "intelligence" of my fellow citizens give me fits).

I got the papers for jury duty two or three times in my life. I recall having to reschedule once, because of a work issue. The other times (and the rescheduled date) happened to be just as I was moving out of state, for a new job. I wouldn't mind doing my bit for the judicial system (although I am relatively sure the "intelligence" of my fellow citizens give me fits).

Are you saying that 12 people who can't get out of jury duty are not your peers?

Are you saying that 12 people who can't get out of jury duty are not your peers?

No, I didn't say that at all.

Let me clarify: My peers (that is, registered voters in the US/Florida/St John's County) are, for the most part, morons.

No, I didn't say that at all.

Let me clarify: My peers (that is, registered voters in the US/Florida/St John's County) are, for the most part, morons.

I was just trying to work the old saying into a post. I served one time on a traffic accident lawsuit. I was the last juror seated and by the time it came down to it, I was glad to be chosen for the experience.

Did you get a backup? Pools 17, 41, and 96 need to be cleaned TODAY.

Dude pled out to the judge, bastard :rolleyes: . I wasn't part of jury pool 17, 41 or 96 so I can't comment on their cleanliness.

BTW...when did pleaded become a word? I much perfer pled.