Why Does Anyone Give A $#!+ About Soccer

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LINKY

BOGOTA (Reuters) - A Colombian soccer player shot and killed a fan for calling him "lousy" on Sunday, days after the player's team lost a local championship, police said.

I think Columbia was the country where a returning Olympian was killed because he accidentally scored an own goal. Too much coffee I guess.

LINKY

BOGOTA (Reuters) - A Colombian soccer player shot and killed a fan for calling him "lousy" on Sunday, days after the player's team lost a local championship, police said.

That's life today.

Here in Cincy this year, a man and woman were recently sent up for murder. He shot and killed a man, because his girlfriend said the victim stepped on her foot in a crowd. She pointed out the "dude", but it was the wrong guy.

Their defense of their actions followed the usual fashion...blaming it on prejudice, bad childhood, Republicans, abusive upbringing, drugs and alcohol, addictive personality disorder, sexual dysfunction, you name it. Not their fault.

Three got sent up the river forever for killing two who failed to pay their "turf tax".

A 15 year-old hunted down and shot a 19 year-old in the face, because he "dissed" him.

I could go on and on.

No, soccer sucks because it's a 3 1/2 hour snooze fest which usually results in a 1-1 tie, played by sissies that flail in agony at the slightest form of contact. :flirt:

Actually, the vast majority of soccer games are concluded in less than two hours. 90 minutes uninterrupted, with a 15 minute halftime, plus a couple minutes of extra time added to each half.

Actually, the vast majority of soccer games are concluded in less than two hours. 90 minutes uninterrupted, with a 15 minute halftime, plus a couple minutes of extra time added to each half.

Right, it just feels like 3 1/2 hours...

Right, it just feels like 3 1/2 hours...

Not to me. I enjoy watching soccer. Maybe you can imagine what that's like. Take, for instance, the pleasure you get from complaining about stuff you don't understand--now try to imagine that other people get a similar feeling from other aspects of life on planet Earth.

hey i am the furthest thing there is from a soccer fan, however i did find myself riveted to the TV for the first half of the FIFA title game. I would never call soccer players "sissy's"....i know I would never have the strength and stamina to play the way they do......

just not a fan of the game, but i would never disparage anyone that is....to each his/her own

That's life today.

Here in Cincy this year, a man and woman were recently sent up for murder. He shot and killed a man, because his girlfriend said the victim stepped on her foot in a crowd. She pointed out the "dude", but it was the wrong guy.

Their defense of their actions followed the usual fashion...blaming it on prejudice, bad childhood, Republicans, abusive upbringing, drugs and alcohol, addictive personality disorder, sexual dysfunction, you name it. Not their fault.

Three got sent up the river forever for killing two who failed to pay their "turf tax".

A 15 year-old hunted down and shot a 19 year-old in the face, because he "dissed" him.

I could go on and on.

Wow... I was playing too until I ran headlong into your serious inferiority complex. :lol::lol::flirt:

Dude, whatever. You are never going to rationalize with said people. It is all they know, stabbing say a pregnant lady because one is short 5 cents for a pack of smokes IS their world. Stop beating yourself over the head. It is what it is.

hey i am the furthest thing there is from a soccer fan, however i did find myself riveted to the TV for the first half of the FIFA title game. I would never call soccer players "sissy's"....i know I would never have the strength and stamina to play the way they do......

just not a fan of the game, but i would never disparage anyone that is....to each his/her own

Did you watch the YouTube clip?

The only ones who think soccer players are sissies are the ones who have never played the game competitively. Outside of the skill it takes to control and maneuver the ball, there is a physicality to it that most people don't even realize. I played up until my late teens as a defender and midfielder and I put people in the ground every match.

i did not watch the youtube clip, it it is a soccer player flopping, then I bet its no different than a basketball player flopping on a close call, or a WR or DB falling on a pass play to try to draw a penalty.....

Did you watch the YouTube clip?