NJ fans

HopsGuy

I had to drag my butt to the sports bar yesterday to watch the game. The Fish-Cards game (Clash of the Titans in AP Keaton parlance) was on local TV, so the Steelers-Eagles game wasn't on either. The owner is from Long Island and usually wears a Jets jersey, but not this week for some reason. There were about 15 people there in Jets garb, but just me and some 21 year-old kid from North Tonawanda rooting for the Bills.

Anyway, there was some guy with a Pennington jersey that was about 5-7, 260 lbs. He was your typical loudmouth most of the first 3 quarters. Around the start of the 4th quarter, he walks by me and now he's wearing a Giants' Tiki Barber jersey. I note to the kid that he may have stolen the jersey and eaten Barber. That got a good chuckle from the Steeler fans around us.

I left after the first quarter of the 2nd games. Chad/Tiki was in good spirits with the Giants up 14-0 on two Barber TDs ("That's my BOY!" he bellowed several times before 5 PM). I was tempted to go back after seeing the Bears comeback.

So there you have it. I firmly believe the football gods want you to pick one NFL teams and stick with it. You will be rewarded for your loyalty someday.