Lingerie Football League

LINK: http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/722188.html

Just curious if any of you football fans will be willing to watch this? I mean we should' nt have to twist your arm too hard or anything. I have seen it briefly during halftime of the superbowl (on other channels) but did not know they were making a "league" out of it. Here is the deal:

10 teams

22 game regular season starting in Sept.

7-on-7 contact football

Uniform-bikini tops and shorts

Just one question for you guys (and women too) WILL YOU BE WATCHING?

I am gonna have to say Yes. Well, atleast at first. Based on the picture of Krystal Gray (QB for New York Majesty) in the link from above, they have my attention. However, I am curious to see how athletic these girls are, how hard they hit and tackle, can they remotely play the game of football, and lastly, how good looking are these girls? So yes, I will tune in at first to see how this "league" is. Now lets just see if it can keep my attention after that.

I am gonna have to say Yes. Well, atleast at first. Based on the picture of Krystal Gray (QB for New York Majesty) in the link from above, they have my attention. However, I am curious to see how athletic these girls are, how hard they hit and tackle, can they remotely play the game of football, and lastly, how good looking are these girls? So yes, I will tune in at first to see how this "league" is. Now lets just see if it can keep my attention after that. (how can it not?)

It seems that girls like Krystal are athletic and know the game, but the majority just look good in their unis. There are legit women's football leagues around the country. Full pads, full contact. But most of these women are not lingerie models. I don't know. I might watch once. But I can barely stand Arena football as it is.

PTR

I don't see the point in spending 3 hours to watch a football game with women in lingerie when you can just type "women in lingerie" into google images and get the same result.

It's like going to see a horrible chick flick and rationalizing it by saying "Well, Scarlett Johansson was in it". Again, google my friends.

By the way, contact football without pads? Isn't this a disaster waiting to happen?

I don't see the point in spending 3 hours to watch a football game with women in lingerie when you can just type "women in lingerie" into google images and get the same result.

It's like going to see a horrible chick flick and rationalizing it by saying "Well, Scarlett Johansson was in it". Again, google my friends.

By the way, contact football without pads? Isn't this a disaster waiting to happen?

Maybe they'll play on mud fields! :thumbsup:

Anyone know what networks (if any) plan on carrying the league?

My question too!

This looks like must see TV from a kitsch POV!

250-300lb men playing contact football without pads, yes, big disaster. 100 - 120lb women playing "contact" football? No, I don't think it will be a problem.

And no, I probably won't care to watch women in lingerie running around trying to play football knowing that theres almost no chance that the lingerie is coming off. Like its been said before, for football I will wait til September for the NFL, and if I'm REALLY desperate, I will watch teh CFL. Otherwise, theres always the internet where I will find alot better things then women staying in lingerie playing football.

Agreed on all counts. They will get some PR out of it, but I think it will fail quickly, if it ever really begins.

Count me as someone who won't give it the time of day.

Great way to belittle women's athletics and send a message to our daughters at the same time - play all the sports you want, but in the end it's all about T and A - that's what I want my daughter to learn.

Luckily, as some posters here point out, if it really is all about the T and A most find that on the Internet, so the chances that lasts longer that the Osbornes' variety show (1 episode) are slim.

Also, if it's selling itself as a 'fantasy' - how many men really have some fantasy about sexy ladies playing football?

You have to wonder. You also have to wonder "how many men have some fantasy" about two girls sharing one cup.

There is no kicking or punting, so teams must decide on either one- or two-point conversions. Accordingly, teams must also go for the first down on every fourth down.

"This is real football, and these are real athletes," Aquino said. "Anyone who doubts it, I want them to watch our first game."

No kicking or punting, and they're calling this "real football"?

I will say - the player that's profiled in that article sounds like the real deal:

When Gray was 4 years old, her brothers Sean and Bill began playing youth football. Krystal couldn't look away, and she wasn't content with watching. So her dad put her in the NWAA, where the sight of her first football uniform attracted plenty of attention.

Gray started at defensive end or safety every season in the youth leagues until she graduated from Niagara-Wheatfield High School. For all but one season, she was the sole female.

Playing DE in a boys league isn't fooling around - she wasn't the kicker or the holder or anything.

Of course, as far as the integrity of the league goes:

Among the women in the league, Gray is a rarity � she has played football. About half of the girls hail from modeling backgrounds. All of them look like they might.