Iran arrests British diplomats?

Iranians probably hate the British more than Americans.

Yes they had ugly broads, teeth like Canadians and a snooty sounding accent but I doubt most Americans hate the British.

I can't wait to see the Los Gatos foreign policy on this one.

The Iranians really do hate us at the moment. They are pissed off about the recently launched BBC Persian language service and have been blaming the protests on the activities of 'the most evil of nations' (that's us Brits, BTW). It has all come as rather a surprise for the Prime Minister, to find out (according to the Iranian regime) that he is more popular in down town Teheran than anywhere in the UK.

The arrested embassy staff are locals employed by the embassy, not British diplomats.

And it sure looks like the Iranians are trying hard to piss off all and sundry at the moment.

The Iranians really do hate us at the moment. They are pissed off about the recently launched BBC Persian language service and have been blaming the protests on the activities of 'the most evil of nations' (that's us Brits, BTW). It has all come as rather a surprise for the Prime Minister, to find out (according to the Iranian regime) that he is more popular in down town Teheran than anywhere in the UK.

The arrested embassy staff are locals employed by the embassy, not British diplomats.

And it sure looks like the Iranians are trying hard to piss off all and sundry at the moment.

Thanks for the insight. I didn't know the BBC launched Persian TV.

Thanks for the insight. I didn't know the BBC launched Persian TV.

Yep, the Iranian authorities don't like it. So it must be a good idea.

Run by Iranians who were still halfway living in Iran for the most part (renting in the UK while working for the channel, returning to friends and families whenever they could), rather than exiles/opponents of the regime. It also took great pains to show both sides of the story whenever possible (although recently the hardliners have decided not to participate and air their views, so some presenters are having to play devil's advocate on political shows since only the opposition now turns up. A lot of the staff are fairly resigned to the the fact they will not be able to go back home for some time, apparently.

How can the UK be the most evil of nations when the US is the great Satan?

is the Islamic Republic implying an evil greater than Satan? :lol:

Yep. We have Iran and Zimbabwe.

You guys get North Korea and Venezuela.

I guess whoever gets the nod from Myanmar/Burma is the winner!

How can the UK be the most evil of nations when the US is the great Satan?

is the Islamic Republic implying an evil greater than Satan? :lol:

We are just The Great Satan, nowhere close to Super-Bad Mega Satan or Superfly-Toad Scum Satan...