Bills caught a break?

Fezmid

From ESPN:

They might have caught a break in extending that final drive when officials ruled Lee Evans kept both feet inbounds on a 27-yard reception up the right sideline on third-and-8 with 2:31 remaining. But the Jets were unable to challenge after having used their three timeouts.

The replay CLEARLY showed that he caught the ball, yet they write this tripe? Why don't they talk about all the crappy "fortunate breaks" that the other teams have gotten AGAINST us this year? Like phantom holds, phantom personal fouls, etc??? Really annoys me...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=241107002

CW

From ESPN:

The replay CLEARLY showed that he caught the ball, yet they write this tripe?  Why don't they talk about all the crappy "fortunate breaks" that the other teams have gotten AGAINST us this year?  Like phantom holds, phantom personal fouls, etc???  Really annoys me...

CW

107219[/snapback]

It was a close play, but I think the zebras got it right. If the jests had a TO and challenged the result would have been the same. That said...thanks Herm, glad you didn't have any TOs left. Never ever want to give the refs a chance to look under the hood. <_<

From ESPN:

The replay CLEARLY showed that he caught the ball, yet they write this tripe?  Why don't they talk about all the crappy "fortunate breaks" that the other teams have gotten AGAINST us this year?  Like phantom holds, phantom personal fouls, etc???  Really annoys me...

CW

107219[/snapback]

Because that's just not "sexy". <_<

NOBODY CIRCLES THE WAGONS LIKE THE BUFFALO BILLS!!! :(:huh:

From ESPN:

CW

107219[/snapback]

ESPN says the Bills "might" have gotten a break. I agree, "might" is the keyword. I believe however, that a replay would not have mattered. It showed nothing that would overturn the call on the field beyond any doubt.

Edwards shrugged his shoulders when asked about the call, adding that he would've challenged the play.

"I think the whole team is frustrated," Edwards said. "We knew we were going to have to play well to win the game. And we didn't do that."

With the game tied at 10 at the half, the Bills took the lead for good when Drew Bledsoe capped a 13-play, 77-yard drive with a 4-yard pass to Evans to start the third quarter.

The Jets had little response.

Except for Moss' touchdown, New York combined for 16 yards offense on its five other second-half possessions.

That last sentence speaks voulmes!

Rockpile nailed it. The Bills MAY have gotten a break. IMO, they did. All in all, who cares, even if it WAS a break, we deserved one.

Sheesh...for years weve whined about not getting any breaks, the Bills finally get one, and now were complaining about it? Talk about looking that gifthorse in the mouth!

But what isnt mentioned if the gift TD courtesy of MCgee falling on his a$$ allowing the jets to get within 5....but no, according to jets fans and that weasel Greenberg, its ALL about playcalling, please...maybe they are conserative because your QB has a chicken arm...or maybe, JUST MAYBE, the Bills arent that bad and they were the better team yesterday? Ill even go as far as this, I think we are EVERY bit as good as the Jets...screw the Jets, I hate everything about them, their stevestojan fans, everything.

Rockpile nailed it. The Bills MAY have gotten a break. IMO, they did. All in all, who cares, even if it WAS a break, we deserved one.

Sheesh...for years weve whined about not getting any breaks, the Bills finally get one, and now were complaining about it? Talk about looking that gifthorse in the mouth!

107321[/snapback]

I'm not complaining about getting a break (although I don't think we did there), I'm complaining about the fact that ESPN had to report that as one major reason we won the game. When other teams get big breaks against us, they never say, "Well, Buffalo lost, but it was because the opponent got a break on this play."

CW

I'm not complaining about getting a break (although I don't think we did there), I'm complaining about the fact that ESPN had to report that as one major reason we won the game.  When other teams get big breaks against us, they never say, "Well, Buffalo lost, but it was because the opponent got a break on this play."

CW

107339[/snapback]

How many Buffalo recaps this year have been almost 100% about how the Bills crapped a game away by making mistakes. I'm thinking 5.

From ESPN:

CW

107219[/snapback]

Don't forget the TH no touchdown, and the Non-saftey.

First of all, that story came from the AP, not ESPN, which makes it even more unbelievable since the AP usually goes out of their way to be politically correct. "Team X might have gotten break" in an AP story usually means "the refs blatantly screwed up". So yes - that was a joke that they actually wrote that considering the call was clearly correct.

107321[/snapback]

<_< Perhaps some of us have different definitions on what a "break" is. For me, it's when a bad call goes your way, not a correct one.

I'm not going to pretend like none of us are homers - but - pointing out that there were no such controversial articles written in the national media after the Oakland game when the calls were actually WRONG - I think that's a valid point. I'll let others decide if it's an anti-Buffalo thing or just a coincidence, but it is a valid point to at least bring up.

107321[/snapback]

That was my thought, too. I didn't see the game so I didn't see any replays so I couldn't tell if he was really in or not by the highlights. But, I just figured its about time the Bills actually got a break at the end.

Not only did he get his left foot in when he dragged it, if you look closely, when he first caught the ball, his left foot was still on the ground, then his right came down and then his left foot dragged. That's three feet in, all you need is two!

We need two win two out of the next three to stay in the hunt.

From ESPN:

CW

107219[/snapback]

Evans clearly dragged the left toe - even Beer-Dork saw it.

And had the ruling on the field been that Evens was out of bounds would they have written that the Jets "might have caught a break"? I dougbt it! Had the ruling on the ruling on the field gone the Jets way, the Bills would not have been able to challenge the call, as they had no timeouts left either. The call was correct, and video at worst would have been inconclusive.....Kinda makes you glad they got it right though!