Point of attack choices...

The Bills have gone a new direction this year, attack. Maybin is a excellent example of a amazing first step and how to get to the QB. Will his skills translate at a NFL level from college remains to be seen but I see why we took him, attack.

T.O. is another prime example of our new aggressive play and what we are trying accomplish. He knows how to force teams to try to cover him and that can only lead to Evans getting open much more often and the defenders playing back more which opens it up for our 3 RB's & makes the no huddle that much more effective, attack.

We drafted 2 guards that have one thing in mind, getting dirty and liking it. Those types of people play to inflict pain and however sick it may sound, they are sadomasochistic through and through, attack.

The Bills have chosen to go and get it this year, versus taking what's coming and I like that. Being the aggressor allows you to determine your course by your actions, versus preparing for your opponents. It also forces teams to change their usual course and derails them from their comfort level, advantage Bills.

The Bills have gone a new direction this year, attack. Maybin is a excellent example of a amazing first step and how to get to the QB. Will his skills translate at a NFL level from college remains to be seen but I see why we took him, attack.

T.O. is another prime example of our new aggressive play and what we are trying accomplish. He knows how to force teams to try to cover him and that can only lead to Evans getting open much more often and the defenders playing back more which opens it up for our 3 RB's & makes the no huddle that much more effective, attack.

We drafted 2 guards that have one thing in mind, getting dirty and liking it. Those types of people play to inflict pain and however sick it may sound, they are sadomasochistic through and through, attack.

The Bills have chosen to go and get it this year, versus taking what's coming and I like that. Being the aggressor allows you to determine your course by your actions, versus preparing for your opponents. It also forces teams to change their usual course and derails them from their comfort level, advantage Bills.

So now that we might have the correct personnel to be aggressive...will the play calling reflect a new attitude? That's my biggest question right now. IMO we have the talent to make the playoffs, but we have to play our cards right.

So now that we might have the correct personnel to be aggressive...will the play calling reflect a new attitude? That's my biggest question right now. IMO we have the talent to make the playoffs, but we have to play our cards right.

There is no other reason to get these types of players or prepare a no huddle offense, it's foot on the gas until the end. In the NFL, you are either pressed on or the pressor and it's obvious to me that the Bills plan on being the latter.

Further to your point, will there be a "killer instinct" on the part of the coaching staff? I'm not advocating that the Bills go to the extent of the Pats* two years ago and rub everyone's collective nose in their respective feces, but I would like to see a little less gentlemanliness. If the Bills actually get up on an opponent this year (that's an optimist!), I sure hope the coaching staff doesn't see fit to half-heartedly run the ball in hopes of burning up the clock. Note to Jauron and Schonert - putting more points on the board and extending a lead is probably a more effective way to win a game than simply keeping the ball out of the hands of your opponent.

To answer my own question, I doubt it. Sadly.

Further to your point, will there be a "killer instinct" on the part of the coaching staff? I'm not advocating that the Bills go to the extent of the Pats* two years ago and rub everyone's collective nose in their respective feces, but I would like to see a little less gentlemanliness. If the Bills actually get up on an opponent this year (that's an optimist!), I sure hope the coaching staff doesn't see fit to half-heartedly run the ball in hopes of burning up the clock. Note to Jauron and Schonert - putting more points on the board and extending a lead is probably a more effective way to win a game than simply keeping the ball out of the hands of your opponent.

2 feet on the gas I was told, no brakes.

There is no other reason to get these types of players or prepare a no huddle offense, it's foot on the gas until the end. In the NFL, you are either pressed on or the pressor and it's obvious to me that the Bills plan on being the latter.

not a chance

they still play the vaunted cover-2 super soft passive zone

Turk is still the wussy OC and the ultra-conservative Dick still runs the show

so no-

your conclusion is wrong

not a chance

so no-

your conclusion is wrong

We have the talent to run an offense now, no excuses necessary. Keeping games close is the key when you have obvious weaknesses (like the last few seasons) and besides the revamped O-line, the rest of the offense looks ready.

not a chance

so no-

your conclusion is wrong

Are you sure?

You bring up a great point Skooby, about us adding the personnel to become an aggressive, attacking style of offense. I was not unhappy with the Maybin pick by any means, as I do hope that he will become a pass rushing machine.

But my biggest fear is this...becoming this great, attacking style of offense, especially if we run the no-huddle alot, I just don't think our defense is anywhere near good enough to sustain too many 3 and outs. running that crappy tampa 2, and the fact that even a great offense that runs a no huddle is going to put immense pressure on our D, i think it could hurt us. Bad.

I don't think we're really gotten much better on D than last year. Maybin is a question mark, and here's to hoping Schobel returns to form. If not, we could be in big trouble.

excellent point. I can't think of the last time the Bills grabbed a team by the throat and squeezed the life out of them. We are definitely a reflection of our ivy league, gentleman of a coach. I sure hope that changes.

You bring up a great point Skooby, about us adding the personnel to become an aggressive, attacking style of offense. I was not unhappy with the Maybin pick by any means, as I do hope that he will become a pass rushing machine.

But my biggest fear is this...becoming this great, attacking style of offense, especially if we run the no-huddle alot, I just don't think our defense is anywhere near good enough to sustain too many 3 and outs. running that crappy tampa 2, and the fact that even a great offense that runs a no huddle is going to put immense pressure on our D, i think it could hurt us. Bad.

I don't think we're really gotten much better on D than last year. Maybin is a question mark, and here's to hoping Schobel returns to form. If not, we could be in big trouble.

You normally draft / acquire players on how you plan on playing, we're getting dirty.

I think our defense will be better if it stays healthy, with another year of knowledge, and a few additions. Byrd, if he turns into a playmaking safety, will radically improve the other guys in the secondary, which are pretty good, IMO. The D-line being able to stop the run will be the crucial point for this defense, I think. But, if you look at Fewell's record with blitzes, he's aggresive. If our defense can be anything like Indy's a few years ago, it'll hold it's own. As for our offense, I think the O-line will be good enough in pass protection, and above average in run blocking. Considering our weapons at reciever and RB, our QB will be the big question mark that determines how well our offense plays, and how many points we put up. And, it'll be up to our coaches to know and see, on a week to week basis, what the strengths are, with each unit, and put together game plans that will let their strengths shine - because, our team has talent, and there will be facets of each unit that will, if the play calling allows, excell.

I expect it will take a third of the season or so for this team to find it's identity, and with our tough schedule, we probably will be pushing for a wild-card. But, if we stay healthy, by season's end, we could be capable of playing with anyone.

As for Jauron, I hope he lets his coordinators loose.

An interesting point. Could it be that with his back to the wall, Dick is finally tired of playing rope-a-dope football and now wants to throw a few punches of his own for a change? Actually be the aggressor? Looks like Russ is of that mindset, but it will be interesting to see if Dick coaches that way this year. It would definitely be out of character for him but maybe Dick sees this as his last best chance to stay in the league.

An interesting point. Could it be that with his back to the wall, Dick is finally tired of playing rope-a-dope football and now wants to throw a few punches of his own for a change? Actually be the aggressor? Looks like Russ is of that mindset, but it will be interesting to see if Dick coaches that way this year. It would definitely be out of character for him but maybe Dick sees this as his last best chance to stay in the league.

The Bills have been missing the talent necessary to compete in the league for years. Our offense is chocked with weapons and our secondary is as well. With a little luck and some good plays called, we actually could be competitive almost immediately. A fast start doesn't mean as much as a fast finish but I'd like to see some DJ lose the crypt keeper status and play all the games to win.