I am sick of hearing about how our coaching sucks....

Marshawn, FJ, Evans, Reed, Parrish, Edwards = 0 offensive threats

but...

Marshawn, FJ, Evans, Reed, Parrish, Edwards and TO = chock full of love? :lol:

Rhodes, all new O-line that been shifted / got meaner.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rhodes, all new O-line that been shifted / got meaner.

Rhodes isn't that much of a difference maker. Once Lynch comes back he will be the 3rd RB and how many times is he going to touch the ball and how much better is he going to be than a typical 3rd RB better but not by a huge margin/.

As far as the O-line they will be going through some growing pains. I think that the O-line is going to be good but not this year because they will need time to gel.

We fielded 0 offensive threats over the past 3 years, now we are chocked full of love. You'll see a difference early and often this season.

here we go again

all those inept offensive threats from the last 3 years are still on the team

They added exactly ONE 35 yr old WR who may have already hit the wall.

and kept the incompetent coaching staff

how this is going to turn into an unstoppable offensive juggernaut is beyond me

here we go again

all those inept offensive threats from the last 3 years are still on the team

They added exactly ONE 35 yr old WR who may have already hit the wall.

and kept the incompetent coaching staff

how this is going to turn into an unstoppable offensive juggernaut is beyond me

Over the last few years we fielded average offensive threats. Evans was good on the outside but was never able to shake double coverage. Lynch is a really good running back and Freddie Jackson is the perfect backup. Our slot guys Reed and Parrish are solid as a third threat. Our lack of a serious #2 wide out and tight end have kept our offense from being excellent. With TO we solved one of the bigger issues with this offense.

Not saying that fixing one issue and adding a back up running back will make our offense great but it will improve it quite a bit. Adding a big weapon to an average core will make it good not great but good.

That what do you call Belichick before Brady when he had a worse record than our "proven loser"?

A head coach with a losing record.

Now time for you to answer some questions:

When trying to compare BB to DJ, why do you always stop at "pre-Brady"? Why do you always try to "ignore" the success BB achieved with a QB named Matt Cassel?

Also, please tell me which groups of QBs would you rather have: Miller, Matthews, McNown, Losman or Kosar, Testaverde, or Bledsoe?

Second group is slightly better.

Now lets see if you have the balls to answer the following questions (but since you never do, i will not hold my breath):

If the QB's make the coach (as you have repeatedly tried to state), then answer the following:

How do you explain this statement made by you:

Plus, that Mike Shanahan guy is not as good of coordinator as the Turk and has never made an average player look really good. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

(of course, the implication being the "coach made the player")

How do you explain BB starting a QB that had not started a single game since HS, and proceeded to produce a winning record, 2 wins coming over our own Bills?

How did Cowher reach 2 SB with 2 different QBs, the first one being with a QB named Neil O'Donnell?

How did Dan Reeves, Bill Parcells, Don Shula, Mike Holmgren , and Dick Vermeil reach the SB with more than one team?

(Said teams also having different QBs)

How do you explain Brian Billick and the Ravens winning a SB with a QB named Trent Dilfer?

How do you explain Joe Gibbs winning 3 SB with 3 different QBs, two of the named Doug Williams and Mark Rypien?

How do you explain Bill Parcells winning 2 SB with 2 different QBs?

Let's see if you are willing to answer those questions, or will you ignore them like you always do?

Sorry to disappoint you, but you're definitely gay for thinking I'm gay :thumbsup:

Can he be removed from the board?? He's a child and wont be able to follow adult conversation. Obviously has nothing to offer. We need an age check on this board or at least and IQ test of some sort. This is just ignorant adolescent swill.

This is a sad day for the board.

Can he be removed from the board?? He's a child and wont be able to follow adult conversation. Obviously has nothing to offer. We need an age check on this board or at least and IQ test of some sort. This is just ignorant adolescent swill.

You need to step away from the mirror before you post.

A head coach with a losing record.

Now time for you to answer some questions:

When trying to compare BB to DJ, why do you always stop at "pre-Brady"? Why do you always try to "ignore" the success BB achieved with a QB named Matt Cassel?

The Cassel point is completely irrevalant. If BB didn't stumble upon a HOF QB, he won't have gotten to the point to be in a position to play Cassel because he would have been fired long before for being a "proven loser." So the fact that he did well with a career backup QB (even though IMO Moss had more on an impact on Cassel's success than BB) is meaningless to this discuss. Prior to Brady, it still remains he was a slightly worse coach than Jauron. You can't dispute that no matter how hard you try.

Second group is slightly better.

If honestly believe that Belichick's pre-Brady QBs are only "slightly better" than Jauron's, I will stop any further discussions because it would mean you are completely clueless about football. All 3 of those QBs have had good to great success in the NFL, while Jauron's QBs are lucky to start another game or even be in the league.

Now lets see if you have the balls to answer the following questions (but since you never do, i will not hold my breath):

If the QB's make the coach (as you have repeatedly tried to state), then answer the following:

How do you explain this statement made by you:

(of course, the implication being the "coach made the player")

Shanahan is one of the best offensive coaches ever. Would Losman and McNown been better under his coaching? Probably. Still doesn't change the fact they are bad NFL QBs who sren't close to being playoff caliber.

How do you explain BB starting a QB that had not started a single game since HS, and proceeded to produce a winning record, 2 wins coming over our own Bills?

Again, this is meaningless to the discussion. But I hardly would classify Cassel as the reason the Pats won the Bills games last year.

How did Cowher reach 2 SB with 2 different QBs, the first one being with a QB named Neil O'Donnell?

He was given more than 4 years to build his team. Don't forget. There were morons in Pitt who wanted him fired. TD left a trainwreck franchise and 1st round bust QBs can leave a team in dismay for many years.

How did Dan Reeves, Bill Parcells, Don Shula, Mike Holmgren , and Dick Vermeil reach the SB with more than one team?

(Said teams also having different QBs)

Again, they all had HOF or very good QBs. The only QB in that group who is average is Chandler, who because went because the Vikes blew that game (also, you see the Moss effect of making QBs with 67 year Randall Cunningham being league MVP). Honestly, are any of those coaches making the Super Bowl with Jauron's QBs? Hell no.

How do you explain Brian Billick and the Ravens winning a SB with a QB named Trent Dilfer?

IF you give any credit to Dilfer and Billick for that Super Bowl win, you are clueless. IT was one of the best defenses EVEr and hope the coach & QB don't screw up too bad on offense. They went like a month without an offensive td.

How do you explain Joe Gibbs winning 3 SB with 3 different QBs, two of the named Doug Williams and Mark Rypien?

Joe Gibbs is maybe the best coach ever. He is the major exception to the rule. You need great QBs to consistently win. Gibbs was amazing.

How do you explain Bill Parcells winning 2 SB with 2 different QBs?

Both QBs 100 times better than any Jauron QB. Simms is a borderline HOFer. Having the best defensive player possibly ever helps too.

Let's see if you are willing to answer those questions, or will you ignore them like you always do?

Again, you work so hard to make yourself miserable about a season that hasn't played yet. Any non-Buffalo fan (and a lot of Bills fans) know we haven't had playoff caliber talent. People across the league thought Losman was a joke. Again, I'm on record as saying this is DJ's make it or break it year. But if the Bills do make the playoffs this season, DJ will have a good look at coach of the year. How many coaches can say they have won the award twice with 2 different teams?

The biggest difference between Beli-puke and Jauron lies in the front office. They continually stock their team through the draft with very good OL's and DL's.....we continually stock DB's who are useless when our line gets blown off the ball.

We let go of a pro bowl caliber LT because he was rushed onto the field after a hold out that shouldn't have happened and looked terrible, then shell out big money to a declining WR that can't play any of the 5 OL positions.

We are set for another terrible season.

Guest dog14787

Somebody called me Gay so I called him Gay. Why don't you ask the person who started the false accusations why he did it? You read the post before mine and you knew why I did it. Yet here you are 100 some posts in asking why I'm here.

I mean seriously, its odd you would back peddle through a whole thread and pick this one particular post to comment about don't you think?

The Cassel point is completely irrevalant. If BB didn't stumble upon a HOF QB, he won't have gotten to the point to be in a position to play Cassel because he would have been fired long before for being a "proven loser." So the fact that he did well with a career backup QB (even though IMO Moss had more on an impact on Cassel's success than BB) is meaningless to this discuss. Prior to Brady, it still remains he was a slightly worse coach than Jauron. You can't dispute that no matter how hard you try.

And you still cannot dispute what BB has done since, despite trying to pin his success solely on Brady. Moss may or may not had any impact on Cassel's success (we will find out this year), but it does prove teams do not need a "great" QB to produce a winning season.

If honestly believe that Belichick's pre-Brady QBs are only "slightly better" than Jauron's, I will stop any further discussions because it would mean you are completely clueless about football. All 3 of those QBs have had good to great success in the NFL, while Jauron's QBs are lucky to start another game or even be in the league.

By the time the Browns acquired Testeverde as a free agent prior to the 93 season, Vinny was considered a first round bust. Vinny played 6 years in Tampa Bay, produced no winning seasons, threw 77 TDs, 122 INTs, and had a completed 52% of his passes. Using your own argument against Cutler, if Vinny was really any good, why didn't he at least produce 1 winning season while in Tampa?

By the time BB became coach of the Browns, Kosar was beginning his slide. It was because of Kosar's "diminishing skills" that prompted BB to seek out a replacement (this replacement became Vinny). During the 93 season, BB released Kosar in favor of Vinny. Kosar was picked up by the Cowboys as a back up, and played for the injured Troy Aikman. After the 93 season, Kosar was released by the Cowboys, signed with Dolphins, and served as a back up for 3 years before he retired.

Using one of your arguments, how good was Kosar really when he never started for another team (other than for injury to the starter) after he was released from the Browns?

Bledsoe was his "best" QB, and as we saw for 3 years in Buffalo, not very good. BB was so "confident" in Bledsoe's ability, he traded the QB to a division rival. I think it was safe to say BB was not afraid of facing Bledsoe twice a year.

What I do not see is BB ever declaring an unsigned rookie QB to be his starting QB. Even you got to admit, that was pretty stupid for Jauron to do.

Shanahan is one of the best offensive coaches ever. Would Losman and McNown been better under his coaching? Probably.

Again, this is meaningless to the discussion. But I hardly would classify Cassel as the reason the Pats won the Bills games last year.

So, the QB does not make the coach, correct?

He was given more than 4 years to build his team.

Cowher went to his first SB in his 4th year, after producing 4 straight winning seasons. Cowher was also able to produce a winning season while starting a QB named Kordell Stewart.

"TD left a trainwreck franchise and 1st round bust QBs can leave a team in dismay for many years."

That train wreck was saddled with a salary cap problem in it's first year, produced a .500 record in it's 2nd year, and a winning record in it's 4th year (the only one this decade).

Still waiting for DJ to produce at least a .500 season.

Again, they all had HOF or very good QBs. The only QB in that group who is average is Chandler, who because went because the Vikes blew that game (also, you see the Moss effect of making QBs with 67 year Randall Cunningham being league MVP). Honestly, are any of those coaches making the Super Bowl with Jauron's QBs? [1] Hell no.

IF you give any credit to Dilfer and Billick for that Super Bowl win [2], you are clueless. IT was one of the best defenses EVEr and hope the coach & QB don't screw up too bad on offense. They went like a month without an offensive td.

[1] In fact, Dan Reeves did take one of Jauron's QB's to the big dance - Chandler. Call it lucky in making the SB if you wish, but Reeves still made the NFC championship game with the same QB. Further, before you state none of those coaches could take one of Jauron's Qbs to the big game, consider nobody thought Dilfer or Rypien would be SB winners either.

[2] I do not credit Dilfer for that win, but it does prove you do not need even a good QB to produce winning results.

Joe Gibbs is maybe the best coach ever. He is the major exception to the rule. You need great QBs to consistently win. Gibbs was amazing.

Once again, proving it's not the QB that makes the coach.

Both QBs 100 times better than any Jauron QB. Simms is a borderline HOFer. Having the best defensive player possibly ever helps too.

So, it's not all about the QB, is it?

Again, you work so hard to make yourself miserable about a season that hasn't played yet [1]. Any non-Buffalo fan (and a lot of Bills fans) know we haven't had playoff caliber talent [2]. People across the league thought Losman was a joke. Again, I'm on record as saying this is DJ's make it or break it year. But if the Bills do make the playoffs this season, DJ will have a good look at coach of the year. How many coaches can say they have won the award twice with 2 different teams?[3]

[1] Your passive aggressive comments are boring and tedious. Stop trying to attack the messenger so you will not have to deal with the message.

[2] Interesting comment, considering you were predicting a playoff appearance last year before the season started. Further, you were one of the people that wanted to see how we "DJ detractors" were going to react after the DJ coached Bills produced said winning record. Now are you trying to claim you were one of those Bills fans that felt the Bills did not have the talent, or are you just looking for a convenient excuse to cover for DJ?

Furthermore, before the season started last year, I stated I had every reason to believe the Bills were capable of producing a winning season given the talent level and schedule. In looking back, I stand behind those comments, and still feel the Bills had the talent, but that talent was/is being pissed away by mediocre coaching.

[3] These last 3 sentences are an interesting blend of thoughts. Despite saying this is DJ's make or break year, you are practically awarding him coach of the year by the last sentence. You are aware such geniuses like Dennis Green and Wayne Fontes have both been awarded the prestigious Coach of The Year?

We have a bunch of Bills haters in the press talking about nothing. We had a great draft, revamped our O-line and picked up the highest producing WR over the past 3 years. Dallas didn't win any SB with T.O. either but they can buy anyone they want and we have their best offensive weapon now. Stroud was a weapon last year, POZ our highest producing tackler, we now have a new great first stepper in Maybin and have a few healthy people coming back.

I attribute all of this to our current coaching staff and give 0 credit outside of it. I see bigger things for us this year and the light will finally shine on Buffalo instead of the usual suspects. DJ, Russ and crew get this season to put it all together, they have my support, the bigger question is do they have yours?

Get your inner ears surgically removed.

We have a bunch of Bills haters in the press talking about nothing. We had a great draft, revamped our O-line and picked up the highest producing WR over the past 3 years. Dallas didn't win any SB with T.O. either but they can buy anyone they want and we have their best offensive weapon now. Stroud was a weapon last year, POZ our highest producing tackler, we now have a new great first stepper in Maybin and have a few healthy people coming back.

I attribute all of this to our current coaching staff and give 0 credit outside of it. I see bigger things for us this year and the light will finally shine on Buffalo instead of the usual suspects. DJ, Russ and crew get this season to put it all together, they have my support, the bigger question is do they have yours?

I think Iam more sick of this post. <_<

By the time BB became coach of the Browns, Kosar was beginning his slide. It was because of Kosar's "diminishing skills" that prompted BB to seek out a replacement (this replacement became Vinny).

This is not true and Beli-puke has actually admitted that. Kosar's skills were not diminishing all that much at this point. He was cut shortly after shredding the San Francisco 49ers on Monday Night Football.

Kosar and Beli-puke butted heads and Kosar lost.