FBI Notes on Saddam's Interrogation

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9...;show_article=1

Saddam also told Piro that he falsely let the world believe Iraq had weapons of mass destruction because he feared revealing his weakness to Iran, the hostile neighbor he considered a bigger threat than the U.S.

"By God if I had such weapons I would have used them in the fight against the United States," he told Piro.

In the interviews, Saddam dismissed Osama bin Laden as a "zealot," said he had never personally met the al-Qaida leader and that the Iraqi government didn't cooperate with the terrorist group against the U.S.

How shocking thats the story he would give the FBI. :thumbsup:

I have heard that before. That the WMDs were just a rumor to make Iraq look more dangerous on paper then they were. It makes a certain amount of sense. It explains why the CIA was so confident they had said weapons. It explains why they never used them in a fight to what amounted to Saddam's death.

With that said, no way to know for sure. So may I ask what you think?

I have heard that before. That the WMDs were just a rumor to make Iraq look more dangerous on paper then they were. It makes a certain amount of sense. It explains why the CIA was so confident they had said weapons. It explains why they never used them in a fight to what amounted to Saddam's death.

With that said, no way to know for sure. So may I ask what you think?

I'm not sure if his posts are still in the archives somewhere, but BiB/ Bills in Baltimore/ Ghost of BiB/ or whatever handle he was using had some interesting things to say when a post concerning Iraq's WMD program came up on PPP. If you're interested enough, I encourage you to do a search and read some of the things he had to say.

As for me personally I wanted Saddam's head in a noose in the early to mid-90s. The 2003 invasion was long overdue and it crushes me that the Bush Administration had to use the WMD argument to justify the invasion. Huge eff-ing mistake.