Ron Artest to the lakers

:thumbsup:

That is a great pickup for them. I really thought the Rockets would do everything they could to bring him back.

Hearing that Ariza might be headed to the Cavs, a nice move for them. The Celtics are going after Rashweed, and the Pistons have no coach, but still managed to land Ben Wallace and Charlie Villanueva! Amazing how much this leauge can change in a few days.

If I was Ariza I would fire his agent immediately.....

The agent was making a lot of fuss in the media the last couple of days instead of working to get Trevor signed......

I actually like Ariza....his three pointer was improving and he is a good defender.....but I think the lakers just didn't want to take the chance on players signing elsewhere then Ariza's agent driving up the price. We still have Lamar Odom and Shannon Brown to sign and only so much $$$$$ to do it.

Anyway......we have a large defender for the Paul Pierce's of the world

If I was Ariza I would fire his agent immediately.....

The agent was making a lot of fuss in the media the last couple of days instead of working to get Trevor signed......

I actually like Ariza....his three pointer was improving and he is a good defender.....but I think the lakers just didn't want to take the chance on players signing elsewhere then Ariza's agent driving up the price. We still have Lamar Odom and Shannon Brown to sign and only so much $$$$$ to do it.

Anyway......we have a large defender for the Paul Pierce's of the world

I agree, getting Artest is a huge move for the Lakers.

Artest going to LA is probably going to be the best move of the NBA offseason, especially if Odom is not re-signed. Artest can guard any SG, any SF, and a majority of the PF's in the West. He basically kept Houston in the series versus LA. This is devastating to Houston. They looked like a team on the rise, but losing Artest and possibly Yao forever has just killed their playoff hopes in the West IMO.

Artest going to LA is probably going to be the best move of the NBA offseason, especially if Odom is not re-signed. Artest can SG, any SF, and a majority of the PF's in the West. He basically kept Houston in the series versus LA. This is devastating to Houston. They looked like a team on the rise, but losing Artest and possibly Yao forever has just killed their playoff hopes in the West IMO.

Artest signing for so cheap (if you want to call 6 million per year cheap) that they will probably bring back both Lamar Odom and Shannon Brown

Its a great situation for the lakers.....Odom can still be the 6th man

Artest signing for so cheap (if you want to call 6 million per year cheap) that they will probably bring back both Lamar Odom and Shannon Brown

Did you hear Artest's comment?

He said:

"I would play with the Lakers for free/nothing."

Or something along those lines.

:censored::unsure:

LAL's should be a douchebag and take him up on the deal!

:lol::lol:

That is a great pickup for them. I really thought the Rockets would do everything they could to bring him back.

Hearing that Ariza might be headed to the Cavs, a nice move for them. The Celtics are going after Rashweed, and the Pistons have no coach, but still managed to land Ben Wallace and Charlie Villanueva! Amazing how much this leauge can change in a few days.

Ben Gordon....not Wallace...they will get either Avery Johnson or Jeff Van Gundy to coach them...they will be a force.

Ben Gordon....not Wallace...they will get either Avery Johnson or Jeff Van Gundy to coach them...they will be a force.

Sorry, I knew that.... bad typo on my part... it looks like the Bulls take a pretty big hit there....

Kings 07-08 .500 team

Kings 08-09 #1 in the lottery(same lineup minus artest)

To top it off, despite winning the championship, and some of the their "big men" finally manning up and playing like big men in the finals, the Magic aren't exactly a physical team. The Celtics fan in me, thinks the C's still might have given the Lakers a better fight this year in the finals. But, as John points out, Artest makes it less likely that the Lakers can be intimidated. We know Kobe is pretty tough, having Artest there to defend the other teams big scorers will make them very tough. Trading Artest for Ariza, IMO, makes he world champs even better, on paper, anyways....the Zen master has just announced he will be back...

Did you hear Artest's comment?

He said:

"I would play with the Lakers for free/nothing."

Or something along those lines.

:censored::unsure:

LAL's should be a douchebag and take him up on the deal!

:lol::lol:

Should be??? :lol:

LAL's are douchebags!

GO CELTICS!!!!!!

If they re-sign Odom and Brown that will probably be the best top to bottom line-up in the NBA. They will be able to use the whole bench at any point in any game and expect them to be productive on the floor. The Lakers seem to be doing the same things that the Bulls did throughout the 90's, just reload.