hm...can i say this without getting torched

jester43

1. backs getting hit in the backfield again and again and again

2. colossal f-up coming out of the time out at the end of the 1st half: ...shoulda had 2 plays called in case the running play got stuffed...since our goal line running plays ALWAYS get stuffed. WAKE UP COACHES!

3. mcgee...peee-yew! still too thin at DB to win more than half our remaining games.

4. drew=too slow

5. if not for a couple miracle catches by evans...

6. cannot underestimate the fact that all 3 wins have come at home in 25mph winds...bad weather is always tougher on the road team.

7. jets will look at the game film and correctly conclude that they beat themselves. yes, the bills forced them into some of those mistakes. some of them.

yeah, yeah i know...i'm an !@#$ for criticizing the bills...but i still think it's crazy to conclude this is a "good" team based on what we have seen so far. i'm not saying they can't win more games, or even beat the pats if they get some sort strange good luck...but to say this is still any better than an 8-8 team when we have all these road games left? i just don't see it.

i am grateful for the win...but we are still big time underachievers.

1.  backs getting hit in the backfield again and again and again

2.  colossal f-up coming out of the time out at the end of the 1st half: ...shoulda had 2 plays called in case the running play got stuffed...since our goal line running plays ALWAYS get stuffed.  WAKE UP COACHES!

3. mcgee...peee-yew!  still too thin at DB to win more than half our remaining games.

4. drew=too slow

5. if not for a couple miracle catches by evans...

6. cannot underestimate the fact that all 3 wins have come at home in 25mph winds...bad weather is always tougher on the road team.

7. jets will look at the game film and correctly conclude that they beat themselves.  yes, the bills forced them into some of those mistakes.  some of them.

yeah, yeah  i know...i'm an !@#$ for criticizing the bills...but i still think it's crazy to conclude this is a "good" team based on what we have seen so far.  i'm not saying they can't win more games, or even beat the pats if they get some sort strange good luck...but to say this is still any better than an 8-8 team when we have all these road games left?  i just don't see it.

Works in progress, which the Bills are, still means tweeking mistakes. Not being an apologist whatsover but confidence must start from the ashes and our Offense was the NFL's worst up until a couple weeks ago. Someone pointed out on the radio yesterday that the Jets opponents record , coming into the Bills game was 11-24. We lost to them by 2 points in Jersey. This just in. The Jet's are not as good as their record. Waaaay overrated.

MaGahee has brought some life to the Offense and other positives are now emerging ,due to the success of running the ball.

The next step IS winning on the road and showing the ability to maintain some obvious momentum.

A depressing win ? No such animal.

i want a big road win so bad. i am sick to death of watching the bills crumble with the game on the line in other buildings. it's so f-ing predictable. plus i think that just MAYBE the whole world is ready to puke from hearing about new england every 5 seconds.

Good points about the Bills' limitations. I'll add a couple more that I think added to this surprising win.

1. The Jets didn't blitz the statue. Rushed four all day long. Hard to understand this kind of coaching. Watch for Romeo Crowell (sp) to send everybody next Sunday and see how many passes Lee Evans catches.

2. That combined Mularky-Clements-Bledsoe blunder at the end of the first half was pure high school football. Playoff teams don't perform like that.

Despite this, it was nice see what Evans can when Bledsoe gets him the ball, great to see Kelsay's best game, promising to think that we have an improving o-line, and exciting to see McGahee's talent.

Good points about the Bills' limitations. I'll add a couple more that I think added to this surprising win.

1.  The Jets didn't blitz the statue. Rushed four all day long. Hard to understand this kind of coaching. Watch for Romeo Crowell (sp) to send everybody next Sunday and see how many passes Lee Evans catches.

2.  That combined Mularky-Clements-Bledsoe blunder at the end of the first half was pure high school football.  Playoff teams don't perform like that.

Despite this, it was nice see what Evans can when Bledsoe gets him the ball, great to see Kelsay's best game, promising to think that we have an improving o-line, and exciting to see McGahee's talent.

107256[/snapback]

1.- Effective rushing stymies the defense's ability to blitz. That's why they didn't.

2.- I tend to agree more with the end of the half thingy, but they did get 3 pts out of it.

Jester, we are the 'old' Dolphins <_< Just good enough to cause problems with others playoff teams. We are that 'upset' team. Not good enough to be a playoff team but folks seem to think we are world beaters and somehow are better than 3-5. If we were...we wouldn't be 3-5. plain and simple.

But I agree good win. I am actually damn happy with WM, Defense and the ST's. When Bledsoe is gone and we start hitting Evans on more patterns like Quick slants, 15-20 yard square in's etc ( you know where he takes the pass and RUNS with it) THEN things will change.

Maybe this offseason.