Conservatives are losing their freakin' minds

Play video embedded in this page.

So Glen Beck is interviewing some yahoo who says that the US must be hit by Osama Bin Laden in order to wake up and protect ourselves properly.

Okay...so if I am understanding this man's point correctly...Amercians have to be killed by terorists in order for us to be safer from terrorists who are trying to kill us????

Look, I know it's a big shock to you guys that you lost the White House to a black guy with a Muslim middle name. And it probably really stings that Republicans are the minority party and that all the Jedi mind tricks you guys have been using on people aren't working anymore.

But are you really so pissed off that you want to see this country attacked just so you can say "nyaa nyaa?" Are you guys so petty that you would cheer for the country to fail? Do you have memory of how you guys used to accuse liberals and democrats of "hating America?"

Hey, I know this does not apply to all Republicans and conservatives. But they ones that get the most face time on Fox are really making you all look bad...really bad.

PTR

You know what's really amusing: a "yahoo" makes this comment, and that leads to the title of the thread insisting that all conservatives are losing their heads.

Obama thinks the US has 57 states. That must mean all liberals are stupid! :unsure:

You know what's really amusing: a "yahoo" makes this comment, and that leads to the title of the thread insisting that all conservatives are losing their heads.

Obama thinks the US has 57 states. That must mean all liberals are stupid! :unsure:

Hmm so if a previously pretty rational poster went way overboard, that wouldn't indicate something like that? Link

Hmm so if a previously pretty rational poster went way overboard, that wouldn't indicate something like that? Link

I'll be honest; your post makes absolutely no sense. Did I go overboard with my Craigslist question? Did I point out the actions of a single person and turn that into the iirational condemnation of an entire group?

I'm seriously not sure what you're trying to point out here.

I'll be honest; your post makes absolutely no sense. Did I go overboard with my Craigslist question? Did I point out the actions of a single person and turn that into the iirational condemnation of an entire group?

I'm seriously not sure what you're trying to point out here.

You have been harping on Obama since he got elected. He can literally do no right in your eyes. Frankly, I think you have gone completely partisan. I dislike a lot of what Obama has done, but when he starts to do a few (possibly) right things, I hear nothing from you other than tired partisan rants. It wasn't right when it was done to Bush and it isn't right now.

To be completely clear, I think that if he ended up being right (unlikely) on a majority of his actions you would still be saying the same tired old phrases again and again.

You skew things, all of us do, but yours come across as more partisan. Just my take.

So funny that you show a Muslim sawing a head off and its "not all Muslims are like that."

Or a bunch of protesters hold a sign that says "!@#$ THE TROOPS" and "thats not representative of the left."

Or closer to THIS situation, Senator Franken or any of the other nitwits on Air America call servicemen every name in the book and its "dont pay attention to those loons."

But somehow Glenn !@#$ing Beck flailing his arms is now the voice of EVERYONE on the right.

You cant make it up.

Links, please.

So funny that you show a Muslim sawing a head off and its "not all Muslims are like that."

Or a bunch of protesters hold a sign that says "!@#$ THE TROOPS" and "thats not representative of the left."

Or closer to THIS situation, Senator Franken or any of the other nitwits on Air America call servicemen every name in the book and its "dont pay attention to those loons."

But somehow Glenn !@#$ing Beck flailing his arms is now the voice of EVERYONE on the right.

You cant make it up.

But you are particularly guilty of that type of post. And with LABillz on a crusade to be just like those types, how can you reconcile the difference? Either you, LA, Wacka, Billzrul, Bishop Hedd, Molsen, etc are all asshats or all is fair. Which is it?

So funny that you show a Muslim sawing a head off and its "not all Muslims are like that."Or a bunch of protesters hold a sign that says "!@#$ THE TROOPS" and "thats not representative of the left."Or closer to THIS situation, Senator Franken or any of the other nitwits on Air America call servicemen every name in the book and its "dont pay attention to those loons."But somehow Glenn !@#$ing Beck flailing his arms is now the voice of EVERYONE on the right. You cant make it up.
You do realise Franken has gone to Iraq and done several shows for the troops...oh nevermind.

Ah yes, yet another left winger getting all riled up after listening to some radio hack that no conservative on this board (ok, maybe Wacka) has ever referred to expect in a derogatory way.

Such a new and refreshing tact. Can't wait for one of you to give us a full update on Limbaugh's latest rant. :unsure:

You have been harping on Obama since he got elected. He can literally do no right in your eyes. Frankly, I think you have gone completely partisan. I dislike a lot of what Obama has done, but when he starts to do a few (possibly) right things, I hear nothing from you other than tired partisan rants. It wasn't right when it was done to Bush and it isn't right now.

To be completely clear, I think that if he ended up being right (unlikely) on a majority of his actions you would still be saying the same tired old phrases again and again.

You skew things, all of us do, but yours come across as more partisan. Just my take.

Look: I'm a rather hard-core conservative, and he's a rather hard-core liberal, and we're not going to agree on most things simply by default. But I think most EVERYONE should be upset about the stimulus plan. The $800 BILLION stimulus bill...a bill we're going to pay for for years...was supposed to stunt the unemployment rate at 8% this year. Remember? If we don't do it now, the schiit will hit the fan!!! Biden comes back with "Oops, we miscalcuated," and Obama comes back with "we're probably going to see 10%," and yet the $800 Billion is still gone, and it's brushed off as a minor miscalculation.

And everyone should be upset that they didn't try to run GM through bankruptcy sooner than they did (before throwing billions of taxpayer dollars at them while simultaneously giving 20% to the UAW and then letting DC continue to accept lobbying money from GM during the entire mess). He's spending another $634 BILLION as downpayment for a health care plan that has no plan. And you don't need a Romper Room magic mirror to see what the cap-n-trade program is going to do to energy costs just like you didn't need it to see what was going to happen to credit card rates.

Stop me when you disagree with these criticisms.

Alternately, I don't give kudos for things done that are "possibly" right. However, you'll notice I didn't jump on him about his position on Iran, or his Supreme Court pick, and in fact have absolutely called him out for the things I believe he's done right, including shelving the release of the CIA photos (despite the pressure from Pelosi, etc), his decision to stop the effort to make military personnel get their own insurance, his decision not to hold up California's stimulus money because the SEIU was whining about their pay cuts, and even his decision to make Gates Secretary of Defense. I like the fact that he's going after companies who hire illegals, but I don't like the fact that when he finds the illegals, he gives them work visas and government freebies like he did in Washington state recently.

The reason I sound so partisan to you is because most people are happy to just ride this train and see where it goes, for better or worse, so guys like me seem loud not because I'm loud, but because there aren't a lot of us yelling. But to me, you're not known by your rosy prose...you're known by your actions, and as a conservative, most of his actions are pretty ridiculous. The press corp is catching on, and pretty soon guys like me won't appear partisan. We'll be drowned out by the press corps. Because when Helen Thomas is getting in your grill, you know the water is starting to boil.

The clock is ticking, and it keeps ticking louder every time unemployment numbers are released.

Ah yes, yet another left winger getting all riled up after listening to some radio hack that no conservative on this board (ok, maybe Wacka) has ever referred to expect in a derogatory way.

Such a new and refreshing tact. Can't wait for one of you to give us a full update on Limbaugh's latest rant. :unsure:

Oh lord, you have to admit that:

A) they have a following

B) that following is here even if no one will admit to it because they are all "free thinkers."

C) many of the beck/limbaugh points are spoken here

A) they have a following

B) that following is here even if no one will admit to it because they are all "free thinkers."

A) They sure do, and if this board is any type of representation of the public at large, most of the audience is left of center.

B) Yes, apparently some of you listen frequently.

C) Yes, again pretty much always by hysterical left wingers.

A) They sure do, and if this board is any type of representation of the public at large, most of the audience is left of center.

B) Yes, apparently some of you listen frequently.

C) Yes, again pretty much always by hysterical left wingers.

A) Left of center? How so when I would say 80% - 90% of the posts are anti-democrat/Obama?

B) I would say most see the BS that they spew out via other websites (drudge, etc.)

C) Reiterating the same talking points that many "conservatives" here state. Again, using talking points, not admitting.

Look: I'm a rather hard-core conservative, and he's a rather hard-core liberal, and we're not going to agree on most things simply by default. But I think most EVERYONE should be upset about the stimulus plan. The $800 BILLION stimulus bill...a bill we're going to pay for for years...was supposed to stunt the unemployment rate at 8% this year. Remember? If we don't do it now, the schiit will hit the fan!!! Biden comes back with "Oops, we miscalcuated," and Obama comes back with "we're probably going to see 10%," and yet the $800 Billion is still gone, and it's brushed off as a minor miscalculation.

And everyone should be upset that they didn't try to run GM through bankruptcy sooner than they did (before throwing billions of taxpayer dollars at them while simultaneously giving 20% to the UAW and then letting DC continue to accept lobbying money from GM during the entire mess). He's spending another $634 BILLION as downpayment for a health care plan that has no plan. And you don't need a Romper Room magic mirror to see what the cap-n-trade program is going to do to energy costs just like you didn't need it to see what was going to happen to credit card rates.

Stop me when you disagree with these criticisms.

I'll stop you.

A very small portion of the money from the stimulus plan is actually out in the workplace so it has had no chance to really make any major turnaround yet. And only a portion of the so-called "stimulus plan" was supposed to get into the workplace soon. The 800 billion is not at all gone, I doubt a quarter of it has even been spent yet let allowed to filter through the economy (the last official word I saw was that it hadn't been).

Plus, the majority of it is mid-term and long term. It may not work, but we don't know yet. And a lot, if not the majority of the serious criticism of the stimulus plan from economists was that is wasn't big enough, not that it was too big, and we will need more. That may be true. We won't know whether the stimulus plan is working until at least the fall.

The President used the 8% figure based on the government's assessment when he took office of what the recession was like. He had just taken office so it wasn't his people making that assessment. No one at that time knew the severity of the recession was much deeper. The prognostications were flat wrong, and so far there hasn't at all been a job recovery. But the 8% versus the 10% is a false argument. It's not as though he predicted all these new jobs suddenly. The mistake was the job market was way worse than the figures his administration used. This isn't my opinion it's been all over the news and said by a lot of people.

That said, the economy has worsened. There is no question about that.

The Health Plan is going to be paid for, and it's already taking a lot better shape. In fact, the best plan so far just came out and cost that 600 billion (even though that 600 bil is not going to be additional hard cost anyway)

The cap-and-trade proposal costs you keep using are completely outdated and not part of the plan that was passed in the House. The $1500 per family which the republicans often say is $3000 is actually now $150 per family according to the CBO, and lower income families are actually going to pay less than they do now, not more.

A) they have a following

A. So do the Keith Olbermann's/MSNBCs/whatever talking head idiot liberal you're currently parroting.

B. How is that different than what you're doing?

C. Mostly by the people who read Salon.