OT---Jim Rome prank calls...

This was unbearable beyond 2 minutes and it just sucked up that point.

As someone said, they do this on Stern all the time and they (Sal and Richard) are actually funny.

Anyway, thought for a minute by the title of the post that I actually had found someone who identified themself as a Jim Rome listener.

So let me get this straight...this is actually someone editing Rome sound bytes to make prank calls sounding like Rome is making the call, right? It didn't think it was possible, but this just got even stupider.

That's correct. It's ok if you didn't listen to the calls (I want those three minutes of my life back, the calls were so stupid), but if you do listen, it's pretty obvious that it's someone using a soundboard. All it takes is an Internet connection (soundboards are easy to find; here's one for Homer Simpson: www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/homer), a telephone, and a complete lack of a life.

Sincerely,

Rome fan who completely understands why not everyone is a Rome fan.

That's correct. It's ok if you didn't listen to the calls (I want those three minutes of my life back, the calls were so stupid), but if you do listen, it's pretty obvious that it's someone using a soundboard. All it takes is an Internet connection (soundboards are easy to find; here's one for Homer Simpson: www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/homer), a telephone, and a complete lack of a life.

Sincerely,

Rome fan who completely understands why not everyone is a Rome fan.

Thanks for bringing me up to speed. Until now, I had never heard of a soundboard. I guess I'm getting further and further outside of the pop culture loop. I still don't exactly get the attraction to the concept. Is it designed for people to use as a prank phone call tool? Sounds retarded.

I wonder if they have one from the Poltergiest movie - "go to the light ........." - AJ knows what I'm talking about.

Funny stuff Zepp. My sister died last year after a long hard battle with cancer.

Maybe you'd like to see the tape of me laying the pipe to your former old lady. You know, the one that threw you out of the house before you had to go flop with relatives down by Lake Lanier.

You're barking up the wrong tree a-hole.

Sorry about your sister.

As for my making a joke about your ridiculous post, you'll get over it :thumbsup:

I wonder if they have one from the Poltergiest movie - "go to the light ........." - AJ knows what I'm talking about.

I'm not sure your therapist even knows what you're talking about, pal.

Thanks for bringing me up to speed. Until now, I had never heard of a soundboard. I guess I'm getting further and further outside of the pop culture loop. I still don't exactly get the attraction to the concept. Is it designed for people to use as a prank phone call tool? Sounds retarded.

I don't know what they're for--I just know that they're out there. Mostly because a coworker got his hands on a site with a Napoleon Dynamite soundboard a couple of years ago and wouldn't let go. Said coworker is in his 40s, too. Sad.

So let me get this straight...this is actually someone editing Rome sound bytes to make prank calls sounding like Rome is making the call, right? It didn't think it was possible, but this just got even stupider.

Anyway, would have been nice if the original post had mentioned this somewhat relevant fact.

Doesn't make Rome any more beloved for me. Now, if someone could just find an edit of the 2005 AJZepp/Jim Rome sex romp in Tribble Mill Park, that'd be a hoot.

Wow, you're both a complete idiot, and a complete a-hole.

ctrl + c and ctrl + v

learn to use them before you start a thread. No one wants to go hunting for videos on youtube.

as an IT type person, I can say from experience that you would be amazed how many people are utterly and truly amazed at copy and pasting from a keyboard

as an IT type person, I can say from experience that you would be amazed how many people are utterly and truly amazed at copy and pasting from a keyboard

Cont + mousewheel really messes them up. Using the mousewheel (middle button) on a link is beyond most.

When I started reading this thread, I thought you meant smartass callers pulling a fast one on him - a la the old Ed Kilgore, Mike DeGeorge, Wes Goforth Sunday night 11:30 Sports Extra call-in show. Some of those were sorta funny, but only because it was semi-rebellious - the channel 2 sportscasters being the "authority figures" getting caught like deer in headlights with off color questions they weren't quick enough to respond to. Thank god someone invented the "dump" button.

Are you telling me that Jim Rome, a nationally recognized sports commentator and interviewer, is making prank phone calls? Seriously? And you find this entertaining? Didn't most of us grow out of those juvenile acts around the time we started sprouting pubes?

So if I understand this correctly, Rome, a well compensated national radio figure, calls some $7 and hour video store employee trying to make an honest living, probably living paycheck to paycheck, just so jackass Rome can attempt to make a fool out of him/her.

This guy is an even bigger **** than I thought he was. I first became aware of him after he deliberately provoked Rams QB Jim Everett (a real standup guy, by the way), by referring to him as "Chris" (Everett) - as in the female tennis player.

Rome has obviously taken a cue from today's pop music stars - if you don't have enough talent to make in it your field of endeavor, come up with gimmicks that'll keep you in the on the radar screen, since you'd be ignored otherwise. An adult version of the class clown.

Just took a few seconds to listen to Capital One prank call. You've got to be kidding. Someone thinks that is clever or funny?

The guy (Rome) is a bully. He's picking on a low-level customer service rep that is at a great disadvantage in the exchange, as she has to act with a level of civility and decorum in order to preserve her low paying job. Oh yeah...she has an Indian-sounding accent - ha ha funny - a real knee slapper there Jimbo! I swear, if I ever see that prick Jim Rome, I'll take a good hard swing at that smug face of his. I wish someone would put him in his place. Jim Everett should have knocked the crap out of him, but Rome, the big puss-ee that he is, knows he can peak out from behind the law and his lawyers because they'll will protect him from such harm. Just a little girly man running for cover.

Rome, if you have any balls, instead of picking on a defenseless CSR, why don't you contact Capital One CEO Richard Fairbank if you have an issue?

Rome's photo should appear on the packaging for Massengill. Why do any of you waste your time listening to that jerkoff?

This one has seemed to go way over your head there...

Jim Rome is not actually making the calls. Someone is using something called a soundboard which has a bunch of buttons corresponding to various phrases that are taken from Jim Rome's shows. The person basically clicks on a button and "Jim Rome" says the phrase...

here is a classic...Rome calls the Video store and has the guy tripping out looking for David Hasselhof movies, along with a bunch of other things...oh my god I almost had to stop my stomach was hurting so much from laughing...

Rome calls the Video store

Here is another one...Rome calls Capital One...

Capital One: "Can I have your ten digit phone number starting with the area code"

Rome: "1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9....ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR(manual buzzer)"

Poor Indian customer service rep at Capital One

Jeez these are lame.