Karl Malden dies

I loved Streets of San Francisco when I was a kid. I thought it was cool when they would pull that flashing cherry out from under the seat or where ever and go into pusuit mode.

I remember when I moved there - one of the first things I saw was the sign for Big Al's strip club at the corner of Columbus & Broadway, as seen in the opening of...

The Streets of San Francisco

RIP. He was 97...certainly one of the most recognizable actors on stage and screen.

Out of his era, I can only think of one character actor who is still alive, and that's Ernest Borgnine.

RIP. He was 97...certainly one of the most recognizable actors on stage and screen.

Out of his era, I can only think of one character actor who is still alive, and that's Ernest Borgnine.

Great character actor, for sure.

But what a marvelous job he did in one of the all-time great flicks, "Marty". That movie struck a chord, then and now.

Nice job in tv's "McHales Navy", too. I though Joe Flynn's "Captain Binghamton" portrayal was the best among the cast.

mickey rooney, frank morgan are two others that come to mind

good call, i never include DVD in that category, i think because he will always be the young robert petrie and the young chimney sweep to me...seeing him older just doesn't sink in with me....love dick van dyke

Dick Van Dyke & Christopher Lee are still around.

RIP Karl Malden

I loved Streets of San Francisco when I was a kid. I thought it was cool when they would pull that flashing cherry out from under the seat or where ever and go into pusuit mode.

I know this chick who played a hooker in one of the episodes. -her career hasn't flourished..

mickey rooney, frank morgan are two others that come to mind

Yes but, at 88, Mickey Rooney is a still a 'spring chicken', relative to the rest of 'em. :unsure:

Also, I think you meant Harry Morgan (Col. Potter/Bill Gannon), age 94, - Frank Morgan (The Wizard) died in 1949.

I was reading in the news the other day that Mitch Miller turns 98 on Saturday. Art Linkletter is 96, youngster Jack Lalanne is 94.