Sabres sign their first FA

ricojes

Eh, don't let that fool you. He gets his head knocked in more often than not.

"I better not run Miller or else I'll have to tire myself out pummeling Montador."

Eh, don't let that fool you. He gets his head knocked in more often than not.

Yeah, I noticed that - might be because he always ends up losing his helmet. :devil:

Check out some of the other fight videos - particularly the one where Brad May kicks his ass...

Still, with this signing and the draft, it looks like maybe the Sabres are trying the shed their 'bunch of complacent pussies' reputation?

Still, with this signing and the draft, it looks like maybe the Sabres are trying the shed their 'bunch of complacent pussies' reputation?

Should also make it easier on announcers and sportscasters. "The Montreal Canadiens defeated the Buffalo bunch of compacent pussies 4-2 last night" is a mouthful.

And this concludes the Sabres free agent signings for 2009.

PTR

Yeah right...Darcy keeps talking like they are going to be "working hard" all summer, and about adding to the team through trades, once the FA "frenzy" is over, while Quinn talks about "building from within"...it gives me the feeling that the Sabres might make a trade for a second tier forward, and we will be seeing more of the kids this coming season...oh well, at least they might be a little tougher... it just seems like the Sabres (like the Bills) mostly take themselves out of contention for any serious free agent signings... and who do they have to trade, that would bring a difference maker, at this point? Miller? Vanek? After that, there isn't a ton of above average talent on this roster. Not saying they all suck, but there just seems to be a malaise over this team, since the blood letting of 2007...

Yeah right...Darcy keeps talking like they are going to be "working hard" all summer, and about adding to the team through trades, once the FA "frenzy" is over, while Quinn talks about "building from within"...it gives me the feeling that the Sabres might make a trade for a second tier forward, and we will be seeing more of the kids this coming season...oh well, at least they might be a little tougher... it just seems like the Sabres (like the Bills) mostly take themselves out of contention for any serious free agent signings... and who do they have to trade, that would bring a difference maker, at this point? Miller? Vanek? After that, there isn't a ton of above average talent on this roster. Not saying they all suck, but there just seems to be a malaise over this team, since the blood letting of 2007...

The 2nd tier talent they brought in back in 2005, Teppo and Lydman worked out just fine. Those kind of trades really don't take all that much to pull off, usually just mid-round draft picks.