Green Bay LB Poppinga may be cut

Could you pull up that scout grade for Boss Bailey I think that he is worth more of a chance than Poppinga. Poppinga isn't enough of an upgrade for the Bills to go after him. To me Boss Bailey when healthy is much better than Poppinga and Elison. I know Boss Bailey is injury prone but its worth the risk because I just don't think Elison should be penciled as the starter.

Grade: 62 | Key

Alert: None

Comment: Bailey has exceptional speed and very good athleticism. He closes on the ball in a hurry against the run and has the tools to be effective in coverage. He uses his hands well to ward off and shed blockers. He is at his best when covered up and able to move laterally, making plays inside-out to the ball. He has the size, quickness and agility to cover top interior receivers and tight ends. He was very raw coming into the league, but he has developed his reads and techniques. He has learned how to play under control and take proper angles to the ball. He is tough and competitive, but he isn't physical. He isn't powerful enough to stack and shed effectively. He tends to get banged up and misses some time almost every year. Bailey has developed into a good starter and special teams contributor, and likely will be re-signed by the Lions.

Grade: 62 | Key

Alert: None

Comment: Bailey has exceptional speed and very good athleticism. He closes on the ball in a hurry against the run and has the tools to be effective in coverage. He uses his hands well to ward off and shed blockers. He is at his best when covered up and able to move laterally, making plays inside-out to the ball. He has the size, quickness and agility to cover top interior receivers and tight ends. He was very raw coming into the league, but he has developed his reads and techniques. He has learned how to play under control and take proper angles to the ball. He is tough and competitive, but he isn't physical. He isn't powerful enough to stack and shed effectively. He tends to get banged up and misses some time almost every year. Bailey has developed into a good starter and special teams contributor, and likely will be re-signed by the Lions.

Thanks good stuff but it seems like the report is outdated didn't he play with Denver for a year or two. But he sounds better than Ellison and Poppinga. If you bring him in and he gets injured than you just plug back Ellison but its worth the chance you take to try and upgrade that position. He also sounds like a guy who can fit into our system.

Thanks good stuff but it seems like the report is outdated didn't he play with Denver for a year or two. But he sounds better than Ellison and Poppinga. If you bring him in and he gets injured than you just plug back Ellison but its worth the chance you take to try and upgrade that position. He also sounds like a guy who can fit into our system.

Its from prior to last season. Scouts inc haven't updated their scouting reports yet.