Green Bay LB Poppinga may be cut

Grade: 59 | Key

Alert: None

Comment: Poppinga is a three-year starter at SLB who plays in regular and comes out in sub. He is an energetic playmaker who is an overachiever type player who plays with a high motor. He's a competitive player with toughness and instincts. He is an above-average athlete with good instincts and recognition skills. He can slide with above-average lateral mobility when attacking downhill gaps. He doesn't bend real well and does have a tendency to get stuck on blocks. He's not real explosive with his hands at times when separating off blocks. He has some size and functional play strength when setting the edge of the defense at the line of scrimmage. He can disrupt the timing of the tight end off the line of scrimmage, but is not real stout at times when holding his ground at the point of contact. He has some range and extended perimeter speed versus outside runs. He can open his hips with mobility and the ability to get to landmarks in underneath zones. He does an effective job of using his hands to re-route. However, he can be limited in his change of direction and short-area burst in underneath zones. He's not a real good matchup player in man-to-man situations versus the tight end. Poppinga is a limited player athletically who relies on instincts and awareness.

He isnt an upgrade over ellison

Grade: 57 | Key

Comment: Ellison is an undersized athletic linebacker who is coming off his second season in the league. He is a backup who is used in sub packages and to give depth to a young linebacking corps. He is most productive when covered up and able to run free. He has good straight-line speed and shows effective range sideline to sideline. He can get engulfed when engaging lineman and is best when slipping blockers to get to the pile. He can play out of control at times and needs to come to balance better in space. He has improved his coverage techniques from his rookie season, but needs to read route progressions better in combination man and zone schemes. Ellison is a finesse player who can contribute when used in long-yardage situations and on special teams.

Drizz, nice work man. Its info like this that reminds me why i come onto TBD. Every once and awhile you get some good info. Haveing said that it does not sound to me like he is what the Bills are looking for really. He was replaced half way through the season last year by the guy he beat out after preason, because he could not cover TEs. He also has struggled at pass rushing, recording zero sacks the last two seasons, since he was moved to OLB from DE. But he is a 'high motor' white guy. Would look great lined up behind Denney or Kelsay.

Comment: Poppinga is a three-year starter at SLB who plays in regular and comes out in sub. He is an energetic playmaker who is an overachiever type player who plays with a high motor sucks. He's a competitive player with toughness and instincts. He is an above-average athlete with good instincts and recognition skills. He can slide with above-average lateral mobility when attacking downhill gaps. He doesn't bend real well and does have a tendency to get stuck on blocks. He's not real explosive with his hands at times when separating off blocks. He has some size and functional play strength when setting the edge of the defense at the line of scrimmage. He can disrupt the timing of the tight end off the line of scrimmage, but is not real stout at times when holding his ground at the point of contact. He has some range and extended perimeter speed versus outside runs. He can open his hips with mobility and the ability to get to landmarks in underneath zones. He does an effective job of using his hands to re-route. However, he can be limited in his change of direction and short-area burst in underneath zones. He's not a real good matchup player in man-to-man situations versus the tight end. Poppinga is a limited player athletically who relies on instincts and awareness.

Fixed :devil:

:devil:

Don't forget the Youth Day component of the extravaganza. It's important that kids share thing - quality time - with their current parental units. Today's child must have memories of Mom/Mom/Dad/Mom/Dad/Dad/Mom. These are the precious moments...

Drizz, nice work man. Its info like this that reminds me why i come onto TBD. Every once and awhile you get some good info. Haveing said that it does not sound to me like he is what the Bills are looking for really. He was replaced half way through the season last year by the guy he beat out after preason, because he could not cover TEs. He also has struggled at pass rushing, recording zero sacks the last two seasons, since he was moved to OLB from DE. But he is a 'high motor' white guy. Would look great lined up behind Denney or Kelsay.

I'm into juicy rumors and potential cuts

After the T.O. signing... I guess anything could happen...

The only thing that really troubles me is that OBD likes Ellison alot

Comment: Poppinga is a three-year starter at SLB who plays in regular and comes out in sub. He is an energetic playmaker who is an overachiever type player who plays with a high motor. He's a competitive player with toughness and instincts. He is an above-average athlete with good instincts and recognition skills. He can slide with above-average lateral mobility when attacking downhill gaps. He doesn't bend real well and does have a tendency to get stuck on blocks. He's not real explosive with his hands at times when separating off blocks. He has some size and functional play strength when setting the edge of the defense at the line of scrimmage. He can disrupt the timing of the tight end off the line of scrimmage, but is not real stout at times when holding his ground at the point of contact. He has some range and extended perimeter speed versus outside runs. He can open his hips with mobility and the ability to get to landmarks in underneath zones. He does an effective job of using his hands to re-route. However, he can be limited in his change of direction and short-area burst in underneath zones. He's not a real good matchup player in man-to-man situations versus the tight end. Poppinga is a limited player athletically who relies on instincts and awareness.

Could you pull up that scout grade for Boss Bailey I think that he is worth more of a chance than Poppinga. Poppinga isn't enough of an upgrade for the Bills to go after him. To me Boss Bailey when healthy is much better than Poppinga and Elison. I know Boss Bailey is injury prone but its worth the risk because I just don't think Elison should be penciled as the starter.