Owens, Whitner visit paralyzed HS player

T.O. Is a good person, it will show up more down the road. He actually may retire a Buffalo Bill if our group comes together.

I think if this is more than a 1 year deal with TO he will retire a Bill. If hes part of the reason the Bills get back into the playoffs and stays on the team for more than 2 years that is a big possibility. He most likely wont go to the Cowboys or Eagles because of their situations so it would be between us and the 49ers.

Is there a rule that a player must retire under a team? Could TO just go into the Hall teamless?

I think if this is more than a 1 year deal with TO he will retire a Bill. If hes part of the reason the Bills get back into the playoffs and stays on the team for more than 2 years that is a big possibility. He most likely wont go to the Cowboys or Eagles because of their situations so it would be between us and the 49ers.

Is there a rule that a player must retire under a team? Could TO just go into the Hall teamless?

Unlike baseball, the Pro Football HOF doesn't enshrine its inductees as members of a particular team.

Unlike baseball, the Pro Football HOF doesn't enshrine its inductees as members of a particular team.

Was that doesnt? or does? I dont follow baseball at all and have little knowledge of how NFL players are inducted. NFL players have to pick a team to be inducted with correct? Baseball doesnt?

Was that doesnt? or does? I dont follow baseball at all and have little knowledge of how NFL players are inducted. NFL players have to pick a team to be inducted with correct? Baseball doesnt?

Pro football doesn't. Baseball does -- players are pictured wearing the team cap of their choice on their plaque.

Does that mean that he could technically go in teamless?

If you're speaking about T.O., they ALL do. There will be no Buffalo Bills logo on Bruce Smith's or Ralph Wilson's bust in Canton.

Here -- since I'm obviously having trouble explaining this, I'll just quote the HOF site:

Is a New Hall of Fame Member Enshrined as a Member of a Team?

Obviously, teams take great pride in the accomplishments of individuals who have been a part of their organization. Often individual teams and even the Hall of Fame will list enshrinees according to the team or teams on which they spent a significant period of time. An enshrinee, however, is not asked to “declare,” nor does the Hall of Fame “choose” a team under which a new member is enshrined. When elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, an individual is recognized for his accomplishments as a player, coach, or contributor.